Status: On hiatus until further notice

Run Away With Me

Chapter 5

Kellin POV

I pull away from Victor, slowly opening my eyes. I look at the other boy, who sits across from me with a mixed expression. His mouth is parted slightly, an obvious sign of confusion, but his eyesbrows, which hunch down to meet each other in the middle, indicate contemplation and the deep rub of red on his cheeks sh-

I am jerked out of thought when I feel my body being shaked back and forth. I realize that I've been looking past Victor, at the wall directly behind him, while he has been attempting desperately to attract my attention with the notebook that is grasped firmly in one of his hands, the same hands that are still gripping my arms at the elbows. Given my full atention, he releases my extremities and holds up the notebook. I read the scribbled writing.

Um, did you mean to do that?

I look at his face, observing the uncertainty that decorates it, and smile nervously. "What kiss you?" He nods hesistantly. I gulp down a lump that is forming in my throat. One of my hands reaches for my other arm and begins to chafe the skin about my elbow, rubbing it mindlessly as I become even more nervous. All the thoughts that evaded me in the seconds after the kiss now swoop in, colliding with one another and making it difficult to articulate a coherent sentence.

"Um, uh, well, I mean, if you d-don't," I sit there stumbling over my words as though they were stones on a sidewalk. My palms of my hands are starting to feel clammy and the immense heat I feel radiating off my cheeks tells me that I am blushing profusely. Flustered, I flee from the room without so much as a word to the ever silent Victor.

Lunging down the hallway, I head to Justin's room and shut the door behind hastily. I don't turn around immediately, instead still facing the door, my mind racing beyond comprehension. My pounding pulse can certainly be heard from all four corners of the room, yet I am still frightened when I feel a hand on my shoulder. Whipping around, my back hugs the door while I lock my wide eyes with Justin's concerned ones. "Kells? Is everything alright? What happened?" he inquires in a soft tones to prevent any possible rash actions on my part. It takes a minute, but I am soon calmed down enough to let Jus guide me to his bed, where I climb into his lap with my head buried in his chest, his arms cradling me like a young child that is scared of an ongoing thunderstorm. It's comforting, and normal as he is used to my erratic episodes of sad emotions. Lifting my head, I tell Justin the events that occurred in the room with Victor.

"So you kissed him. He kisses back, showing that he obviously likes you. And when you pull away, after he questions you about it, you freak. Am I understanding this correctly so far?"

"Yes, and I couldn't communicate my thoughts at all. I just, well, choked," I say solemnly. My head drops down, sighing in light frustration towards my actions. I mean, come on. I kissed this kid who just arrived here about an hour or so ago. That's a lot for him to process and a lot for me to reason out in my own mind. How can I tell Victor, whom I've only just met, that I kissed him because the moment I first saw him, I developed a huge crush on him.

"Ugh, Justin, this whole situation is one big awkward mess. There's no rhyme or reason etched in. We only just met. I don't want things to be awkward between us, especially since we're roommates. W-What do I do?" I ask pleadingly, my anxiety increasing gradually.

"Look at me, Kellin," Jus orders. I do what he says, awaiting his advice.

"You have two options. You can either struggle horribly to tell him what you just told me about the whole thing not really making sense and you two can go from there to find your own solution," he pauses, "or if the mere thought of what happened makes you that incapable of functioning, you can avoid talking about it with him until you're ready." I nod, liking the second option very much. The only question is how can I avoid answering his questions surrounding the kiss but still talk to him about anything else. That would more than likely makes things weird for us. And it's not like I can just ignore him entirely... right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys. I hope this short little bit is worth something in your eyes. I had to rewrite the beginning of the chapter multiple times to find something that felt right. The next chapter will be longer and in Vic's POV. Until then, let me know what you guys think in the comments!!! With love, Raechel