Status: On hiatus until further notice

Run Away With Me

Chapter 6

Kellin’s POV

     These past few days have been filled with anxiety and guilt on my part, seeing as Victor and I are roommates. Every morning I wake up to the silent Mexican’s confused, and mostly solemn, expression and every night, I ready for bed in Tony’s and Justin’s shared bathroom and come back to the room to see Victor already in his bed, his back towards the door. Falling asleep is probably the hardest part though because I am left with only my thoughts, which are split between each other, one faction pleading and screaming at me to talk to Victor while the other side argues that I can’t mess up anymore than I already have.

     My appendages have because victims of my actions as well, the previously healed skin on my thighs and upper forearms disformed by recent self-mutilations. Right now, as I sit among the other guys in the home’s classroom, my attempts at listening to the live-in instructor’s characterization of King Claudius are futile, my anxiety levels on the rise and my thoughts drifting to the freshly scarring cuts that reside ungracefully embedded in my forearm. Engrossed in the speed of my pounding heart, my biceps contract out of reflex when a sharp familiar pain floods my system.

     “Ow,” I mutter very quietly to myself and look down at my sleeved arms resting on the table. A small and rapidly growing spot of blood stretches out on my right sleeve, its red almost invisible against the red of my plaid flannel. A dull throbbing is consistent in my arm, but I ignore it as I try to cover the bleeding with my other sleeve before anyone around me notices.

     I observe beside me, both the left and right, and find Justin, who flanks me to the right, looking at me inquisitively. My cheeks burn with the flames of a thousand lit candle wicks, knowing immediately that as Jus’s eyes glance down at my stiffly positioned arms he would gather what had happened. Our eyes meet, his filled with an uneven concoction of disappointment and sympathy, mine displaying guilt and embarrassment. I fear breaking eye contact, but the flurry of emotions surrounding the two of us is too much to bear, so I look down at the table and take the time to memorize the layout of the lines of the smooth wooden top.

     A hand, Jus’s no doubt, gently clamps my right shoulder blade and squeezes once before relinquishing its grip. I wait a minute or two prior to looking up, suddenly having the prominent need to talk to Justin, whom I’ve been confiding in daily since I’ve started ignoring Victor. However, when my eyes flicker to spot where my besy friend should be seated, I realize that he is gone. In fact, everyone has left the classroom to continue the remainder of the day, except one lone person who currently lingers in the doorway, eyes planted on me: Victor. I sigh to myself, placing a hand atop my right shoulder, where I still feel the weight of Justin’s hand residing, then I stand up to confront the situation in which I have put myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
IMPORTANT Author’s Note: I know this is short, and it is mainly a filler 6 to move the story along, but I have an incredible scene awaiting you guys! I will post it later today, so yay! 2 updates!!! :) Let me know what you think of the story so far!