Status: Slow

I Feel Like Dancing

Dear Maria, Count Me In

I was walking down the crowded street with Alex, Jack, Rian, and Zack. I was in the middle of Alex and Jack. “So What’s your name?” Jack asked me.
“Amelia.” I replied.
“You seem quiet.” Jack said skeptically.
“Dude, she was raised in one of those rich families with the crazy moms and mean dads.” Alex said. I grimaced at the way he put it. “No offense though.” He said and Rian laughed.
“Kinda hard to not take offence to that Alex.”
“Please shut up Rian.” Said Alex in a girly voice.
“Ugh. Whatever Alex.” Rian replied and I laughed a little.
“So Amelia,” Zack said and I looked at him. “Have you ever been to a concert?” I shook my head.
“My mother and father would never allow me to but Alex and a friend have apparently convinced me to discard my parents opinions and come along with you all.” I said and remembered something. “Oh, but I did tell my friend to meet me backstage before the show. Is that alright?” I asked. They all nodded.
“Is she hot?” Jack asked. Alex punched him playfully on the arm. But then did a double take on the question. He made a face.
“Is she?” Alex asked. I laughed.
“You all will have to see that for yourselves.” I said. “I’m not much of a judge for female beauty.” Rian shrugged.
“Seems true enough.” He said.
“And you’re sure you’ve never questioned yourself?” Alex asked. I smiled and nodded.
“I’m quite sure.” I replied.
“Do you have a job?” Zack asked me and I nodded.
“I do. I just work part time at a clothing store down the street.” I told them.
“Oh. Is it fun?”
“Was working at an ice cream shop fun?” I shot back. They all ooo’d at my comment. Zack put his hand up in the air.
“Touché, touché.” He said smiling. I felt Alex clasp a hand on my back.
“I think I like her.” He said. I laughed.
“I would hope so since you’re taking me to your concert.” I said.
“Hey, do you really think those clothes are right for a concert?” Rian asked. I was wearing an ankle length, long sleeved, black dress that went up to my neck and folded at the collar. I was also wearing black sandals. I blushed. This really didn’t seem like the right attire for a concert.
“Um, no but my mother doesn’t allow me to wear clothes like most teenagers.” I said.
“Well, your mom’s not here so let’s go get you some new clothes real quick.” Alex said and smiled at me. He was about a foot taller than me. I smiled back up at him.
“That’s not necessary. I have my own money.” I replied and brought out a wad of cash. “It’s 2 weeks of my allowance.” I said. They all just gawked at it.
“Can we live with you and do some chores?” Jack asked. I laughed. Alex took the money in his hand and rolled it over in his palms.
“How much is this?” He asked.
“Probably enough to but the Walmart down the road.” I said. Alex handed me the cash back and we walked into a store.
“I thought you were kidding when Alex said you were rich but I guess not.” Rian said and I smiled at him.
“This is the store where I work.” I said. It was beachy in here. Well, considering the fact that we lived by the beach. There were surfboards and towels hanging in the towering windows.
“Holy crap. This looks like a rich beach store too.” Alex said sounding amazed. I laughed. I went to the front desk and my manager Esmeralda was at the register. She had long wavy black hair and as usual a bikini top and some shorts on. I smiled and waved at her. She jumped up and over the registers counter.
“Amy!” She said grabbing onto my neck and hugging me. She called me Amy as a nickname. Then she looked at the guys. “All Time Low!” She squealed. She looked to me again. “How did you score them?” She whispered in my ear. I shrugged.
“I’ll tell you later. But right now I need some clothes for the concert.” I said desperately. “Something hot I guess.” I said. Esmeralda sat back and grinned.
“That would make two of us and I know exactly what to get.” She said deviously.
“You’re going to the concert too?” Alex asked her. She nodded.
“Wouldn’t miss it for the world.” She said and grabbed my hand taking me to the back of the store. “We’ll be back in a minute!” She called to the guys. They all shrugged and nodded.

I’d never dressed like this in my life but I couldn’t deny, I looked pretty good (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=94365273). The bikini top hugged my chest perfectly but I’d never in my life worn anything this revealing. I looked almost like Esmeralda. I kind of liked it though. “Wow Amy! You look great!” She said grabbing my hand and dragging me to the front again. I saw all the guys looking Esmeralda and I up and down. Jack went and grabbed Esmeralda’s arm.
“You.” He said. “I like the way you think.” Alex hooked my arm in his.
“And you can be my date tonight.” He said and I smiled.
“Date?” I asked.
“Oh yeah, I love Brunettes.” He said and smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and tell me what you think! Thanks for reading!