Status: disclaimer:I do not own the rights to Harry Potter. All the credit goes to JK Rowling.

The Forgotten Riddle

Seven Years of Peace...Gone

"Morning, Daven! Great day, eh?"

Kristoff walked by the guard Daven, waving at him. Kris hurriedly walked into the crowded entrance of the Ministry of Magic, his orange robes matching his long hair. Quickly stuffing a chocolate frog in his mouth, he shoved his way through the crowd. He was late for work. Again. He was surprised Arthur Weasely hadn't gave him the pink slip. He'll probably get another lecture. He could live with that. Arthur was a good wizard, though. He'd understand that his wife broke his muggle clock. Didn't Molly frequently do that?

He slipped by a few of the goblins from Gringotts, uneasy around them and their little evil smiles. He was curious about the combusting rubber duckies that was left in a muggle orphanage last night. What did muggles do with that delightful thing? Kristoff was too preoccupied with the rubber ducks to notice the masked man beside him. Suddenly, a woman shrieked a high shrill sound like a banshee. Kristoff was forced back into reality, just in time to see masked figures apperate in front of him. He fumbled for his wand, a hex barely missing him.

Wizards and witches darted out of the way, hiding behind whatever they could. A few feet away from Kris, two wizards were killed instantaneously. Kristoff slid behind the Daily Prophet stand, firing the best curses and hexes he knew. He wasn't an Auror, but he knew a couple of good spells. After a few minutes, terror sat in. These witches and wizards weren't normal. They didn't react to the spells they were firing. They stood there, lifeless. Gradually, people quit shooting spells. Even Kris stopped.

The hooded strangers stood there for what seemed like forever, watching the Ministry workers. When they stopped firing, the strangers shook off their cloaks, revealing grotesque monsters. Their heads was distorted, like a lump of bumpy clay. Black masks covered their uneven face, unnatural yellow eyes peering at the crouching workers. Long talons emanated from their short fingers. Then that's when the carnage began.

- Five hours later -

Kristoff laid in a bloodied heap on the shattered floor of the atrium. Other Ministry of Magic workers, elves, and goblins were scattered all over the Ministry. Few managed to escape, some like Mr. Weasely and a few others. All the departments were ruined, important documents all over the place. The masked wizards stood in a circle again, blood trailing down their wands. One of the murderers walked into the slaughter, holding a little glowing globe in his palm.

"Friends!," he roared, "Comrades! We have the Death Prophecy! We shall be victorious!"

The others cheered, lifting their heads up in triumph. They were one step closer to their goal. So close. The man with the globe gently tucked it into his pocket. There was no way that treasure would be lost. Two other men flanked him, securing that the Death Prophecy was safe. Nightamir could taste victory on his tongue, it tasted so sweet. Now the world, muggles, mud bloods, and blood traitors alike will kneel.

~~~~~Next Day~~~~~~~
"Lady Riddle?"

Raven looked up from her paperwork of her previous assignment, her shocking blue eyes staring piercingly at her aid. He slowly slipped through the heavy oak door, trembling under her gaze. She knew that her gaze typically made people uneasy and fear her. Didn't necessarily make her feel better, but it came in handy when she demanded respect. Luca silently eased his way to her desk, trembling still.

"Yes, Luca? What is it?" her soft, cool voice purred slightly.

He gulped, his British accent thick," The President had me come run this to you. You heard about the attack of the Ministry of Magic? In London? Well, he thought that your area of expertise would be most needed. And I for one kn-"

He immediately was silenced by her raised hand. She turned her palm over, showing she wished for the folder he clutched in his hands. He held it out to her, his tan hands quivering. Luca wiped the sweat from his lip as soon as Raven took the tan folder. She opened it silently, her long fingers effortlessly caressed the pages. There was an attack, that was blatantly obvious, but by who? Raven kept reading the manifesto, quickly scanning the pages until the words "humanoid-mechanical hybrid" screamed out. She stopped reading, her heart pounding. Weren't....weren't they destroyed? The...the hybrids. Raven's face remained emotionless, the storm quietly hid behind her cool visage.

"Luca," Raven coldly asked, "you went to Hogwarts, didn't you?"

"Y-y-yes, m-m-m-ma'am. Huff- Hufflepuff."

"So you was there for the Battle of Hogwarts then? Aren't they having a special reunion at the school this year?"

Luca gasped, "Yes! They're giving the normal students the year off, I know that seems ridiculous, but it's for old friends to gather up. You know I thought about going myself..."

Raven ignored Luca's ramblings, her mind on the report and what he just said. Something felt off, Raven mused to herself as she finished reading. There was something taken, something that was held deep within the Ministry. The Death Prophecy....She tried racking her brain to figure what that was. Alas, nothing came to light.She set the folder down, clasping her large hands together. Whatever the creatures wanted, it was pretty severe. Their plan clever, however.

She closed her eyes, a certain realization hit her. The Death Eaters were involved, either directly or indirectly. They would need to be monitored at all times and at all cost...but...there wasn't enough manpower.....Unless.... Raven's eyes snapped open, the now dark grey staring up at Luca. He immediately was silenced.

" What resources do I have?" She asked blatantly.

"Well," he gulped," it's considered a code black. So any means necessary to keep whatever is going on from finishing into the final result.

"Good. Get me the headmistress' of Hogwarts Floo, and I'm gonna need the following people," She wrote the names furiously," immediately. Call the Prime Minister and let him know of our arrival. What is the headmistress' name? Oh, and before I forget, go to the forbidden vault."

"W-what for?"

Raven stood up and strode to the fireplace, "Because, " she threw emerald powder into the flames, " there's some people who needs to be woke up. Before these people wake them up. Now. Go."

Luca scrambled out the door, the door slamming behind him. Raven slid off her cloak, revealing her feminine stature. The black dress pants matched her vest and gloves, a bright blue shirt underneath. She took a deep breath and made the connection. An elderly lady's face rose from the embers, the lines of age expressed by the ash.

"Hello?" Her voice was crisp. Crisper than parchment," Who are you and how may I help you?"

Raven's voice matched the crisp tone, slightly bowing," I am special agent Raven Riddle with the International Magickal Organization. I must speak to you about some security concerns."

- Four hours later. Raven's bedroom-

"Shi-" Raven muttered, dashing around her room

She needed traveling articles as soon as possible. McGonagall (the headmistress' name, she believed) reluctantly gave her consent to preform the revival spell (with a few constraints) and to stay the duration of the reunion. It took a whole hell of an hour to convince her to let the Death Eaters stay as well, granted the Order of the Phoenix was present as well. To top it all off, she had less than an hour to get on a plane to travel to London.

Raven sat on the edge of the queen bed, sighing, hanging her head. Her inky black hair hung like a curtain, her eyes closed. This was going to be hard...seeing the Death Eaters that is. The whole reason why she was an orphan. Why her friends were raped viscously. Experimented on. Yet, here she summoned her friends to endure being confined in a building with those monsters. She open her eyes halfway, their seven years of peace....shattered. Gone.