Status: It is now completed :)

Secrets

the pain is his eyes is love

The next day Rose woke up at 8:00 am. Today was the day that Rose was going to be competing against a rival gymnastics club. Fernando had gone for his morning jog, so Rose had the house all to herself for half an hour. She got up, got changed, had some toast, did her hair and make-up and brushed her teeth. Rose needed to be at the gym for 1:00 pm. It was a while away but she was really nervous. She controlled her breathing slowly as she recalled what happened last night; the way Eden looked at her, the way Frank and Cristine looked together, her promise ring... She was so happy just didn't quite know what to make of Eden. A few seconds later she heard the doorbell go. "He must have locked himself out." Rose muttered to herself, assuming that Fernando had forgotten his keys (and the door automatically locks when you close it.) Rose walked over to the door, "Let me guess you forgot your- Eden?" Rose asked as she opened the door surprised that Eden was there, "What are you doing here?"
"I know that you probably don't want to see me..." Eden began.
"You don't say!" Rose whispered under her breath.
"Look, we got off to a bad start-I'm not the guy that you met at wedding. I'm not normally like that... I just suddenly started saying all of this crap that I honestly didn't mean." Eden confessed.
"Can I ask you something?" Rose posed.
"Sure" Eden answered in a genuine tone.
"You don't act like this around anyone else... So why did you act like that around me?"
"I was just caught up in the moment... don't look too much into it. I like you Rose, just forget last night ever happened." Eden replied, he then winked as he turned to go to his car.
"Eden wait," Rose said as she grabbed his arm implying that she wasn't done talking. "I have a talent of knowing when I'm being lied to... What's the real reason? Do you have a problem? Honestly this time!"
"I don't have a problem with you... you just don't want to know the real reason ok; so just drop it."
"Actually I do want to know." Rose stated locking her eyes on Eden.
"Really?"
"Yes!" Rose calmly replied.
"The moment that I laid my eyes on you I knew I was in trouble..." Eden began.
"With what?" Rose asked intrigued.
"My heart. I saw something in your eyes... I didn't know what but it drew me in... And from that moment the thought of Fernando kissing you... It brought a horrid pit feeling in my stomach... Of jealousy. I know I'm engaged, but I'd give that up any day to be with you." Eden replied gazing into Rose's eyes.
"I'm sorry Eden, I love Fernando. If it helps you, I won't see you again." Rose suggested shyly.
"No, I like seeing you... It just, I know that I'm right for you... That feeling in my stomach told me that..." Eden said taking a step towards Rose. Fernando had then returned from his jog and had heard most of what Eden and Rose had been talking about, starting from when Eden told Rose not to look to far into what had gone down last night. Fernando kept well hidden in one of the bushes as he listened into Eden and Rose's conversation.
"Eden don't. I'm sorry if this is breaking your heart, but my heart is with Fernando. I'm not hurting him." Rose stated as her her eyes turned cold.
"Fernando doesn't have to know about this." Eden flirted as he stroked Rose's cheek.
"Stop it." Rose snapped as she slapped Eden's hand off of her cheek. "I was trying to be nice, but lets state the facts... You're engaged, I'm happily in-love. There's no future in us... Now I think that you should leave."
"I'm sorry. I guess I over-stepped the mark, but Rose, I'm not giving up on you. It's not over." Eden replied as he took a step back from Rose.
"Actually it kind of is." Rose barked as she slammed the door in his face. Fernando smiled from the bushes as he knew that he could definitely trust Rose.
"Hey!" Fernando shouted at Eden.
"Oh, Fernando, hi!" Eden mumbled shyly anxious of Fernando.
"What's with that? How about you leave my girlfriend alone and go back to your finance!" Fernando yelled.
"You heard?" Eden shyly asked.
"Heard you hitting on my girlfriend? Yes... If you do it again... You'll have the wedding cancelled as your fiance will know!" Fernando threatened.
"It won't happen again!" Eden reassured.
"You better keep to your word." Fernando warned as she walked into Eden on his way to his front door.

"Hey sweetie." Fernando called as he walked through the door.
"Hey honey, how was your jog?" Rose asked as she walked towards her boyfriend, and pecked him on his lips.
"Good, what was Eden doing here?" Fernando questioned pretending not to know what had happened just before.
"Um... please don't be mad." Rose started " Eden came and apologized for what happened yesterday... And then told me that he loved me... But it's ok, I told him that I love you; and that I didn't love him." Rose informed as she stared at the ground.
"Goodness, if I had of known I might have beaten him up!" Fernando stated acting shocked.
"So you're not mad?"
"Of my girlfriend turning down guy who was claiming to be in-love with her... What did you do wrong?"
"Thanks handsome, can you make it for my meet this afternoon?"
"I've this date saved for weeks! Of course I can make it!" Fernando answered as he leaned in to kiss Rose. "Now I've got to use the shower... You want to join?"
"Very funny but I had one last night and I need to prepare for the game!" Rose replied.
"Alright then... It's your loss!" Fernando commented as he kissed Rose on the cheek before running up the stairs to the bathroom. Rose watched him run upstairs as she smiled to herself. She had really fallen hard for Fernando.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Eden was difficult because he was jealous of Fernando. Rose has a meet later that day, how will she do?