Status: It is now completed :)

Secrets

Forever just got a lot shorter

The car journey was silent. Rose glided into the drive and stormed out of the car. "Please Rose, just let me explain." Fernando protested.
"There's nothing to explain Fernando. I saw all that I needed, to know that the entire time I was falling for you, you were the one pushing me over the edge." Rose shouted as she stormed into the house and left the door flung open. Rose promptly ran up the stairs and began packing her stuff.
"I'm sorry. Olalla kissed me, I didn't kiss her back." Fernando insisted. A look of sadness stroke his face as he saw Rose packing her bags. Fernando stormed over and chucked her stuff out of the suitcase. "You're not just walking away like this Rose, we need to talk about this. I know it looks bad on me, but you have to understand my side of the story."
Rose stopped packing and glared into Fernando's sorrowful gaze. "Olalla offered you a life without drama, without any difficulty.... Without me." Rose miserably recalled.
"It's not like I took it, I didn't say yes!" Fernando replied, he thought that he could see a glimpse of hope in their relationship. He was not going to allow Rose to leave this relationship, he needed her.
"But you didn't say no, which means that you were thinking about it. You were considering leaving me Fernando, admit it." Rose icily retorted. Rose hated that Olalla had destroyed her relationship, but she couldn't trust Fernando anymore, she couldn't see her future with him anymore.
"Ok, for one second I was considering it, but I never agreed to it. Please Rose, I can't imagine a life without your smile in it, without you laugh in it. Without you in it." Fernando complained, he was truly sorry, and knew that it was very unlikely that their relationship would make it through this. Rose looked at Fernando and saw a look on Fernando's face that she'd never seen before. It was a look of guilt. Rose shook her head in outrage and began packing again. Tears streamed down both of their faces as Rose looked up at Fernando's face, her eyes burning from her tears, her cheeks rosy red from her fingertips wiping away the tears.
"You felt something didn't you. When Olalla kissed you, you felt something." Rose half asked, half stated. Fernando remained silent which was enough for Rose to know his answer. "You know silence says a lot." Rose said as she packed up her suitcase faster than before.
Fernando looked into Rose's eyes and could see that she was hurt. "Where are you going?" Fernando asked calmly, his plan was to give Rose some time to cool down and then talk to her, before she says something that she might regret.
"A hotel somewhere, then I'm going to call my agent." Rose answered as she grabbed her suitcase and stormed out of the door. Rose didn't know London very well, she hopped into a taxi that bought her into a premier inn.

Rose ordered a room to stay in for 3 days, and ignored all of the flashes coming from the paparazzi's camera's. She looked at them for one split second, then turned back to the receptionist who cut Rose an 'I'm sorry' smile. Rose sighed as she took the keys from the receptionist and walked towards her room. The room was simple. A double bed, a sofa, a T/V and an en-suite bathroom. Rose walked over to the window which over-looked the river Thames and allowed herself to break from reality. Everyone was busy and rushing from place to place. Rose sighed as she bit her lip. She didn't know what to do with herself. She took out her phone and without thinking dialed in Juan's number. "Hey Rose, what do you wanna talk about?" Juan asked with his crisp Spanish accent dancing on every word.
"Can you come to the premier inn, I'm in room 12." Rose instructed as she hung up her phone. She walked over to the mirror and fixed up her face. She had only just realized the marks that the running mascara had left. She rapidly rubbed on some foundation to try and conceal the fact that she had just been crying. She knew that Juan would be wondering why she was in a hotel and not with Fernando, but that's something that she's just have to explain.

A few minutes later she heard a knock at her door. Rose walked towards it and saw Juan standing before her. Rose embraced Juan into a hug before she led him into her hotel room. Juan sat himself down on the sofa as he looked around the room. Why wasn't Rose with Fernando he asked himself. He watched as Rose perched herself next to him. "Where's Fernando?" Juan asked concerned. Juan searched the room again, there were no signs of Fernando anywhere, where was he?
"Fernando's at his house." Rose replied softly hoping that Juan would take the hint, but he didn't.
"Your house too!" Juan corrected wondering what the hell was going on, he couldn't believe that they'd have broken up, especially after what had happened in training.
"No, I don't live there anymore. Juan; Fernando and I broke up." Rose confessed as she looked deep into Juan's eyes. Juan cut Rose a look that urged Rose to explain further. "Fernando, h-he kissed Olalla." Rose continued. Juan gasped in shock, he knew Fernando, Fernando was a loyal as a Labrador.
"I'm sorry, Fernando would never cheat on anyone, especially not you. I'm sure that it meant nothing, a kiss is just a kiss Rose." Juan replied trying to justify what his friend had just done.
"It's his Ex Juan, he even admitted that it meant something." Rose said as she felt the tears come streaming down again.
"He really said that?" Juan asked in shock.
"No, the silence did." Rose replied sniffling away and scrunching her tissue in her fist. Juan's phone suddenly went off.
"Sorry, I have to take this." Juan apologized as he walked out of the hotel room into the hallway. He came back a few minutes later and said that Mourinho (his manager) had to speak to him urgently, and that he had leave.

Rose lay back on her bed watching the news, she was all over it. 'Rose ditches boyfriend Fernando Torres for his friend/teammate/countryman Juan Mata.' Rose switched off the T/V. The press always pick away at parts of Rose, they never actually saw her for who she was. Rose called her agent. "Hi, I would like to go to America and find myself. It's a new start that I think that I'm in need of." "Yes, I'll be able to leave in a week" "Great, I'll see you tomorrow to sort out all of the details." Rose spoke to her agent before hanging up. She walked towards her window and saw the paparazzi waiting for her. She turned her back and closed the curtains. Rose thought about her relationship with Fernando, what was she thinking? Was she just fooling herself this entire time? Of course Fernando was miles out her league; how could she possibly think that she stood a chance with him? She kept thinking of how she should have listened to the voice in the back of her head, warning her that no good could come from this. It made Rose feel sick that part of her she didn't mind the pain, that the pain was the only thing that kept reminding her that she was still alive . Rose found herself lost in her thoughts as she heard a scream from the paparazzi. Someone famous must be here she thought to herself. Then she heard a knock at the door, she wasn't expecting anyone... And she looked a state. Rose walked towards the mirror that was next to the door, wiped away the tear marks and opened the door to Fernando. "What are you doing here?" Rose spitefully asked.
"Rose we can't keep on fighting like this, we're on the same side. You know that I never meant to hurt you, please come home, I miss the smell of you cooking, and it feels wrong to be in such a big house all alone." Fernando pleaded.
"I'm tired of fighting Fernando. I don't want to push you further away. for the first time I fell for someone who I knew would never hurt me, and I just feel disappointed that you sorta let me down. It's not your fault, I know that, you're part of a game that I wanted to win, and I lost. Fernando, I let you get back into Olalla's life because I wanted to send a message to Olalla that you were happy and taken, but your not. You miss her Nando, you miss the smell of her cooking, you miss her company-I was just someone to fill the empty space in your heart that Olalla left. Olalla will always be someone to you because she will always be able to play you and hurt you. I let you fall into her trap,and I'm sorry for that." Rose admitted not even aware of what she was saying, the words just floated out of her mouth before she could piece together what they were saying, the words came from her heart.
"No, Olalla was not playing a game Rose. Olalla was being honest with me."Fernando protested.
"Nando? Don't tell me that actually believed a word that came out of her lying cheating mouth?" Rose asked shocked.
"She was being honest with me, and so of course I believed her, but that doesn't change how I feel about you. I love you Rose, you. Please come home, you are my forever." Fernando begged.
"Well forever just got a lot shorter." Rose retorted as she shut the door in Fernando's face. How could he believe what Olalla was saying Rose asked herself, all that Olalla wanted was to hurt Rose. Rose had gotten so mad at herself, she wanted to come running back to Fernando so badly, but she knew that she couldn't. Rose had to stand by her decision to break up with him. America would be a fresh start for her, just what she needed. Part of Rose wanted for Fernando to come follow her to America and try to win her back, but she knew that she'd pushed Fernando too far away this time. Rose had a habit of pushing away the one's that she should have kept close. But Rose had made her decision now, and would have to stand by it, even if it meant her regretting it for the rest of her life. Rose slopped onto her bed and allowed the tears to sprint down her everlasting cheeks, she just laid on her bed and cried herself to sleep. It had been a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Rose and Fernando have split up and Rose has decided that a move to America would be a positive step for her and her career. However Rose is already regretting letting Fernando go. What will happen when she informs everyone that she's leaving for America? Will it mark the end of Rose's relationship, or will it allow for Fernando to fight to get Rose back?