Status: It is now completed :)

Secrets

finish what you started

Rose walked gloomily into her bedroom. She strolled over to her beside table as she drew out a box which she treasured dearly. she lifted the key from it's hiding spot and unlocked the lock before opening the box carefully. She slowly removed its contents, first of all her ticket from the Chelsea match in which she met Fernando, then the leaflet from the first time that Fernando heard her sing, the guide from the first time Fernando watched her gymnastics meet. Rose then revealed a picture as she allowed her fingers to slowly slide down the edges. The picture was of her and Fernando on their first date at the beach, the wind blowing harshly in Rose's golden hair causing it to act crazy, while Fernando sat there freezing. The picture was so important to Rose, she couldn't go a day without looking at it. Rose then bought out her most favoured item, her promise ring. She treasured the memory of when Fernando vowed to one day marry her, and it broke her heart that he would have to break that promise. rose shook her head as she blinked away the tears, she let Fernando go, she left him, she was supposed to be over him and happily in-love with Zac... but she was far from it. Rose paced towards the mirror as she checked herself before staggering towards her car, and driving off towards her concert.

As Rose pulled in she saw Taylor who immediately enveloped Rose into a hug, and accompanied her on her walk towards backstage. "So why did you change your mind and pick haunted over enchanted?" Taylor asked curiously, she knew that Rose would have had a reason behind it and she was itching to figure out what it was. "Is it Fernando?" Taylor asked, and silence was her answer. Taylor rolled her eyes knowing that she was right. "Look, I know that Fernando was a big part of your life and that he will always have a piece of your heart, but you're with Zac now, don't you feel anything with him?" Taylor encouraged, attempting to make Rose believe that she was over Fernando. Rose shrugged her shoulders as Taylor again rolled her eyes. Taylor knew that she wasn't going to get anything out of Rose, so she was going to wait until later when she could pester Rose.

It was an hour into the concert and Rose was beginning her final song haunted. Rose's eyes scanned around the crowd as her eyes laid upon a familiar pair of eyes which called out to her. Fernando. Rose removed her eyes from Fernando and continued singing, and if she felt as though some of the lyrics called out to Fernando she'd stare coldly at him while singing. When the end neared Rose stared at Fernando as she sung 'Come on, come on, don't leave me like this, I thought I had you figured out. Something's gone terribly wrong well finish what you started. Come on, come on, don't leave me like this I thought I had you figured out can't breathe whenever you're gone, can't go back I'm haunted.' Fernando had an unreadable expression on his face, as Rose ended the song singing bitterly 'you and I walk a fragile line, I have known it all this time, never ever though I'd see it break; never thought I'd see it.' Rose looked around at the crowd who cheered her on as she went back to look at Fernando who had disappeared. Rose smiled shyly before walking off stage and into her dressing room.

As Rose walked into her dressing room she saw a brunette, masculine figure before her. "Fernando, what are you doing here?" Rose asked curiously. Rose wanted to believe that Fernando was here to tell her that he loved her, yet she knew that he wasn't. Rose walked over to her purse and picked up something and buried it in her hand.
"What the hell was that Rose?" Fernando asked furiously, rage boiling off of his skin. Fernando couldn't believe that Rose had been like this, telling him that she 'had him figured out.'
"The truth, I need you to break up with me." Rose confessed not looking up to face Fernando's puzzled eyes. "Ever since I've been in America I've felt sick, sick from regret of leaving you behind Fernando. I wanted to get off the plane and see you but by the time I 'd realized what I wanted it was too late and the hostess wouldn't allow me off of the plane. And then I met Zac and he asked me out and I wanted to get over you Nando. I needed to get you out of my system and so I said yes thinking that it would do exactly that..." Rose paused for a second as she felt a lump forming in the back of her throat. "But it did the exact opposite, I couldn't kiss him without thinking of you. Instead of feeling love and happiness I felt guilt Fernando. I felt like I was betraying you, because the truth is that your ghost follows me everywhere leaving me haunted. And when you came to see me and tell me that you were engaged I was taken back into the reality. But until you say 'it's over' my heart will keep beating for you." Fernando stared at Rose taken a back. He didn't quite know what to say.
"It's over Rose," Fernando began before he paused. He couldn't help but feel guilty for the way that Rose felt, "You know that I was truly in-love with you Rose." Rose looked up at Fernando sharply, and smiled to herself while shaking her head.
"That's just not true though, because if you really felt the way that I felt about you then you couldn't go running back to your ex immediately and ask her to marry you Fernando. You just couldn't." Rose looked up at Fernando, her eyes teary. "But like you said it's over." Rose replied before wrapping her hands over Fernando's and handing him something. Rose watched Fernando's heart broke just a little as he opened his hands. Fernando had Rose's promise ring in his hands, as a tear rolled down his defined cheek. "I guess that I was right. Promises are made to be broken." Rose simply stated before walking out of her dressing room, she glanced behind her at Fernando who was left staring at the ring.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Rose handed back her promise ring to Fernando, will she move on from Fernando now, or continue living in the past?
Also the song 'haunted' by Taylor is a really good song, that I'd strongly advise listening to! ;)