Status: It is now completed :)

Secrets

Misery loves company

***ROSE'S POV***
After the concert Taylor had left to go home, and I was on my way back home to meet Zac, he should have flown back today and he said that he would meet me at home at 6 o'clock. It was 4 o'clock so I had plenty of time to waste so I went on a detour to my favourite cafe, Starbucks. I ordered a smoothie and went to find somewhere to sit down outside. I took my seat and sat down before pulling out my iPhone 5. I had received a text from Taylor that made me smile at the joy of her words. I then tucked away my iPhone and looked up in shock. Get up, leave, run as fast as you can I instructed myself. But i couldn't move, I was frozen with fear. I heard a wicked laugh slip through her lips as I sat there in my chair, deadly silent.

*** FERNANDO'S POV***
As I came home I saw Olalla sitting on the sofa. "Damn it." I whispered under my breath, Olalla is really starting to get on my nerves with how clingy she is... No wonder why Mike broke up with her!
"Nando! You're back, I was worried sick, where were you?" Olalla asked sweetly as she came up to me and hugged me tightly. I can't tell that I was with Rose, just say that you were taking a look around the city. "I was taking a look around the city." I lied. Olalla smiled as she bought the lie gladly, as I suddenly thought about where I really was, with Rose. Olalla walked into the kitchen to get some water, as I pulled out the promise ring Rose had handed me. Why did I push her away from that kiss earlier? It's what I came here for wasn't it? Screw my wedding with Olalla, I could have have chosen to have my wedding in Hawaii or Paris, Instead I choose to have my wedding 10 minutes away from where Rose has moved to. Truth is that when she kissed me I kissed her back, what am I doing with Olalla? I obviously want to be with Rose, anyone can see that... including Juan. I was long distracted from my thoughts until Olalla came back with her bottle of water. "I just want to be clear, I don't want you to see Rose. I know that we're going to be 10 minutes away from her for the next week, but I don't want her slutty ass anywhere near my fiance." Olalla warned, taking a sip from her bottle of water.
"Rose is not a slut." I argued, it annoyed me how Olalla spoke of Rose. Rose was never rude about Olalla, but Olalla seems to have some kind of seething hatred towards her. My eyes drifted towards Olalla's stomach, she was about 5 months pregnant, but her bump wasn't even beginning to show. Olalla raised her eyebrows before walking outside to bask in the sun. I had had enough of Olalla for the time being and decided to go to Starbucks and have some 'me time.'

I got to Starbucks and saw Rose, frozen in her chair with a woman sitting opposite her. The woman laughed a wicked laugh as Rose stayed in her seat terrified. Who was she? I couldn't see the lady's face. I rapidly ordered a drink before moving to sit near Rose, I didn't trust the lady that Rose was with for one second. Rose quickly glanced at me as I sat down, the look in her eyes said it all. Pain, fear and agony flickered in her eyes before she turned back to the woman. I had never seen Rose like this before, I'd seen her nervous and anxious, but never like this.

***ROSE'S POV***
I glanced at the man who had just sat down nearby. His face seemed oddly familiar as I turned back around to face the woman. She had a smirk on her face that made me feel sick. I hated her, I hated the power that she had over me, she knew that she had me paralyzed with fear. "what are you doing here?" I spat through my teeth in a tone sharper than a blade. She gave me a playful look in her eyes as I hunted the room for anyone that I knew who could take me out of this situation. The only person playing any interest in our conversation was the man in the sunglasses who I was sure that I knew.
"You can't run away forever, when you became famous it got easier and easier for me to find you." She hissed back at me bitterly."You know that you should have stayed with that footballer right, he could have protected you from me! He's the only person that ever loved you, and he's the only person that ever will love you. If you were smart then you would have stayed with him and used him for his money." She mocked cynically. I looked at her in disgust, no wonder she's alone. She's not worthy of love, not when this is how she treats it.
"I loved Fernando, not for the money, not for the publicity, for the fact that he was the one for me. He was the only guy in the world who meant what he said when he said that he loved me. And unfortunately when things got hard I pushed him away... A skill that I learnt from you." I fought, welling up a bit at the thought of Nando. My Nando...I met my eyes with hers as she gave me a deadly glare. I could feel the tension in the air as she took her hand and slapped me hard across the face. I gave her a cold, cold glare before quickly rising from my seat and sprinting as fast as I could into a silent alley way. I heard footsteps behind me getting louder and louder as I gradually stopped. I closed my eyes trying to wish myself away as tears overwhelmed me.

***FERNANDO'S POV***
I watched as the woman slapped Rose hard across her face, as I had to hold myself back from causing a scene. Rose ran off and I couldn't stop myself from chasing after her. She ran into an alley way and I eventually caught up with her as she stopped. I could hear her sobbing and so I cupped her cheeks. "Rose." I beckoned lifting her face to mine. Her eyes lit up as she met my gaze. Her eyes looked sore from crying and I had to restrain myself from kissing her, she looked so beautiful. Never before had I realized just how stunning she was, her azure eyes which glimmered, her sun-kissed golden hair which shone radiantly in the few rays of light. "Who was that?" I asked softly as her eyes switched to looking at the ground, I couldn't believe that anyone could hurt her like that. She was too sweet for anyone to wish any sort of harm on her.
"My mum." She quietly whispered. I looked at her shocked. The conversation that she had was not one that you'd share with your mother, what kind of a mum threatens their child, what kind of a mum slaps their child. Rose has had to put up with so much crap from people that I don't blame her for pushing me away. When everyone around you hurts you, it gets harder and harder for you to let people in so when it got difficult between the two of us she ran away because it was easier for her that way. But for her to come back to me, that is a blessing. I embraced Rose in a warm hug. She buried her face in my shoulder and sobbed quietly. I whispered quietly into her ear, "It's ok, I'm not going anywhere." She hugged me tighter as if to reply that she didn't want for me to leave. After a few minutes Rose had stopped crying and she stared at my eyes and into my soul. She didn't say anything she just stood there, as I could no longer fight the urge, and leaned in to kiss her. There it was; passion, honesty, devotion. Love. But then something even better happened, she kissed me back. I couldn't believe it. Slowly, Rose pulled away from me, "I'm sorry." She murmured as she turned to leave. I quickly grabbed her by the arm and pulled her towards me. "Don't be." I muttered as I kissed her on the forehead. Rose closed her eyes and then looked up at me. "You're engaged Fernando." She replied just above a whisper. It angered me that I was engaged to Olalla. I didn't want to be with Olalla, I wanted to be with Rose desperately and I was not going to let her go, not this time. Rose turned and walked away, and I watched her silently. I then turned to go home. Home to Olalla. Great. Unfortunately for me I couldn't break up with Olalla, not when she's pregnant, but I sure as hell wasn't letting go of Rose.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Rose's mother has come back and slapped Rose, and Fernando saw it and then kissed Rose. Is this the start of something, bearing in mind that they both have partners?