Status: It is now completed :)

Secrets

living in the past

Fernando blinked at Rose blankly. He didn't quite know how to respond to that. He knew that there was something wrong with Rose's relationship with Connor. He had considered it but never believed it for a second. He thought that there would be some kind of legit explanation of some kind. "Connor beats you up?" Fernando murmured slowly.
Rose took a deep breath in "Yes" She let slip her lips. "When Connor gets drunk he gets mad... And lashes out on me."
"Why haven't you told anyone?" A concerned Fernando probed.
"Because Connor makes empty threats... And to be honest I'm embarrassed. I'm ashamed that I've let our perfect relationship slip through the cracks and end up like this." Rose answered still not making eye contact.
"Hey, hey, look at me" Fernando's soft voice beckoned "You know that this isn't your fault. You're the victim here. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Connor's the one who should be ashamed. He's hurt you. No girl should be hit. No girl should be threatened. You should have left him; why didn't you?"
"The same reason as you. I loved him once. I felt things that I had never felt before around him. Those feelings were new and I loved it; causing me to dive in head first un-aware of the consequences. I didn't care about the consequences because I was completely and hopelessly in-love. The old Connor was so happy. He could turn a horrible day into a perfect day with just a smile. I guess I keep on hoping that the old Connor will come back to me. I don't want to let go of the old Connor."
"That's exactly how I feel. I loved Olalla so much but to see her cheating on me it broke my heart. I didn't want to let go of what we had." Fernando replied.
"We've got to stop living in the past Fernando. You need to confront Olalla with your feelings; see if there's anything left in your marriage." Rose advised Fernando.
"And you need to stop living in fear of threats. You need to tell Connor that he's hurting you. That this 'new Connor' is not the one that you fell in-love with. See if there's anything left in your relationship." Fernando recommended.
"Gosh. This is so messed up." Rose commented holding head head in her hands. A knock came from the door as the doctor came in.
"Hello Miss Wood. your test results have come back positive. The drugs are out of your system. This means that you are now free to leave." The doctor announced.
"Thank you" Fernando and Rose thanked as the doctor was leaving.
"Damn it" Rose uttered to herself.
"What?" Fernando questioned.
"I just, I can't go home to Connor. I just can't." Rose stated shaking her head.
"You're welcome to stay in our guest room." Fernando offered.
"No; I'm sure that there's a hotel which I can stay at." Rose replied.
"No, it would mean a lot to me if you stayed. You've been drugged for goodness sake; I want to ensure you're safety." Fernando insisted.
"I will be perfectly safe at a hotel" Rose claimed.
"For me?" Fernando pleaded.
"Ok... fine then... how can I say no to you?" Rose smirked.
"You can't!" Fernando joked back.

As they got to Fernando's house Rose was thoroughly impressed with how posh the streets were. She could never afford a place like this . "Wow!" She let out.
"I know. It's a lovely neighborhood" Fernando added."Here we are."
The house was huge. the walls were everlasting. It was beautiful. However the adventure for rose's eyes' was cut short as the doors leading to the house cracked open and Olalla stood there. Glaring at Fernando coldly who tried to shake it off and act as though he hadn't seen it. This was going to be one awkward night.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Fernando and Rose have agreed to confront their lovers. What will the stay be like for Fernando and Rose?