Status: All finished! :)

One More Night

Chapter 9

The next couple of weeks passed in a similar fashion. Between work and running into Marc, Bree’s life seemed to be falling into a happy little pattern. She ran into him in town more than she’d anticipated, and they spent several days together at her apartment, a couple nights as well. Marc always felt bad when he had to leave, and he made no qualms about letting her know that either. Bree always felt so special when Marc was around; if he was going to be over anywhere close to a meal he’d bring food, and even flowers once when he could only stop by to say hello before heading out on a fishing trip with his brothers. Never before had a guy done so much just to let her know he was thinking about her, and Marc was on her mind all of the time. Even Anna had noticed that something was up with Bree, but she didn’t want to talk to her best friend about Marc yet, because Bree wasn’t sure what it was. They spent quite a bit of time together, yes, but Marc hadn’t taken her out on an ‘official’ date, or asked her to be his girlfriend or anything like that, so she didn’t know what to consider their relationship. Therefore she didn’t want to bring it up to Anna who would undoubtedly make her overthink everything and freak herself out.

It had been about two months since she and Marc had first met when he’d called and asked if he could take her out to dinner. He’d said he needed to talk to her, and while that had made her wary she shook the feeling off, too excited at the prospect of going on an actual date with Marc to let anything get her down.

He hadn’t said where he’d take her, so she’d decided dressing fairly casual was best. A nice sundress and a cute pair of sandals was her outfit of choice. She spent nearly a half an hour curling her hair, and then put on a little bit of makeup before collapsing onto her couch to wait for Marc to arrive.

At quarter to five he knocked on the door, exactly on time. Bree quickly let him in, and grinned at Marc’s reaction. He’d ran into her after work before; so he had seen her in high heels, or business clothing, but this was the first time he’d seen her dressed like this.

“Wow… you… wow…” his eyes raked over her a few times before he leaned in and pressed a sweet kiss to her lips. The gesture told her what he wasn’t able to, and she felt her heart flutter a little bit when he offered his arm for her to take.

“Ready to go?” he asked, and she nodded as they made their way down the stairs and to Marc’s truck. Bree kept quiet, until they left the city limits. She was getting more curious by the second, and judging from Marc’s quiet grin he knew it was getting to her.

“Where are we going?” she asked, and he chuckled, the sound deep in his throat.

“Just trust me, okay?” those hazel eyes were on her for a moment, and at the sparkle and excitement in them Bree kept quiet.

They turned off the highway about ten minutes out of the city, and started driving along the gravel. Bree watched the craggy view passing by the window, admiring the beauty that Ontario had to offer. Marc drummed his fingertips against the steering wheel in time to the song playing on the radio, and after sharing a look they burst into a terrible rendition of the chorus.

That was how they spent the remainder of their drive; another fifteen minutes of backwoods country, before Marc pulled up to the edge of a little lake that took Bree’s breath away. It looked like something off of a post card.

“This is beautiful Marc,” she gasped, hopping out of his truck and immediately rushing to the edge of the water. She heard his laughter from behind her, and when she turned saw he’d brought takeout with him for their dinner.

“I thought this would be a neat idea,” he explained, setting a blanket down on the rocks for them.

“It’s an incredible idea,” she assured him with a long kiss. Marc set out their dinner then – bottle of wine included – and they ate with the radio playing through the windows of Marc’s truck in the background. After finishing their food and a few extra glasses of wine they were all but hanging off of each other. Bree couldn’t keep her hands off of Marc’s solid body, the same way his kept moving along the skin of her legs, each time venturing millimeters higher and threatening to go beneath the hem of her sundress. Their lips were all but glued together, the now-familiar taste of Marc like a drug to her; she couldn’t get enough of him.

“I hadn’t really planned for this…” Marc admitted, his lips brushing hers as he spoke. She couldn’t help but giggle then, and gave the front of Marc’s button down shirt a tug.

“Well your truck does have a back seat,” she’d meant the suggestion to be partially teasing, but Marc took the suggestion and ran, literally. He scooped her up off of the ground and carried her bridal style to his vehicle, opening the door and setting her on the seat. He quickly grabbed the bag they’d put their trash in as well as the blanket, chucking the bag in the front seat before crawling into the back with her. She shoved his shorts down his legs before straddling him, his hands going underneath her dress without any hesitation now, leaving her to moan into his mouth as she pressed herself into him. Bree could feel him through the thin material of his boxers, and if the urgency in his kisses were any indication Marc was in a similar state to her; unwilling and unable to wait a moment longer.

It took some awkward shuffling, but Marc managed to pull her underwear down her legs and dropped them onto the seat next to them. She stripped his t-shirt off of him before setting her weight fully on his lap, making him moan as he pushed his hips up and into her. With that they made quick work of his boxers, and Marc helped Bree lower herself onto him.

The result was both of them all but collapsed on the seat, heaving for breath and exhausted. Bree quickly lost track of time as they sat in the backseat of his truck; the blanket wrapped around the two of them as she stayed seated on his lap facing him. She’d dozed a bit, Marc’s chin on top of her head a reassuring weight. Bree could honestly say that she’d never got it on in the backseat of a car before, and she felt her face heat up at the thought of what they’d just done. At least they were out in the middle of nowhere – it wasn’t like some of the girls she’d known growing up who’d talked about it happening in a parking lot or a drive-in or something like that.

It wasn’t until it had been dark for quite a while that Marc let out a sigh and shifted slightly, making Bree sigh and reminding the both of them that they were still together. Bree knew what the sigh meant, that they’d have to get moving soon so Marc could head home. She could ask him to spend the night at her place, but she was pretty self-conscious about actually asking him to do it, she preferred it when it just sort of happened that way. Waking up to Marc guaranteed she had a smile on her face all day.

“Time to go already?” she asked, running a hand through Marc’s red hair. He nodded, before kissing her forehead.

“Yeah – it’s ten o’clock, it’ll be eleven before I get you home,” was his response. It took a moment for Bree to digest what he’d said - she’d had no idea it was so late already. The sun had set a while ago, but they’d been so caught up in each other that neither had noticed the time flying by.

“Wouldn’t want my father on your ass,” she rolled her eyes, making Marc laugh as he gently lifted her up before setting her down on the seat next to him with another kiss. They quickly found the few articles of clothing they’d shed, before crawling back into the front seat of the truck. Bree was a little chilled in the cooler night air, without Marc’s warm skin next to hers. He noticed, and grabbed the blanket from the backseat and tucked it around her before leaving the spot.

Bree nearly dozed off several times on the drive back into Thunder Bay, and while she’d objected Marc carried her from the truck and up to her apartment. To take it one step further he carried her inside and laid her down in her bed as well, leaning in for a few long kisses before tucking the blankets in around her.

“Goodnight Bree, I’ll talk to you tomorrow,” he whispered. Bree nodded and pulled Marc in for another sleepy kiss before snuggling into her blankets. Marc had spent the night a few days ago, and so the second pillow smelled just like him.

“Goodnight Marc,”