Status: Finished November 17, 2013

Made in the USA

Lavender Roses

Brandon’s POV

“Hello Sandra, it’s nice to see you again” Nastia said as she hugged my mom.

Yea Nastia called my mom by her name and as well as my dad because they didn’t let her call them Mr. and Mrs. Saad. I had picked up Nastia and we had dropped off her stuff at my house. After that I drove to my uncles lake house. That’s where we were now.

“You look stunning” My mom told her.
Nastia looked at my mom and smiled.
“Well you look gorgeous Sandra” She said.
“Have you started packing for Chicago?” my mom asked her.
She looked at my mom and smiled.
“I move to Chicago already” she said.
She looked at me, and my mom turned to look at me.
“I thought Brandon told you” she said.
My mom shook her head and raised an eyebrow at me.

“Who are you living with? Chicago is not a place for a girl to live alone” she said.
Nastia smile and looked at her.
“Oh no I don’t live alone. I live with my best friend and I have another friend who’s staying over while her room gets fixed at her house.” she said.
“Oh really? Have we met them?”

I knew my mom was going to make a deal when she found out that my girlfriend lived with her best friend, who was a guy.

“So Polly ended up moving in?” I asked her.
Nastia looked at me and shook her head
“Just for a few weeks and I live with my best friend and a close friend”
“I’m guessing Polly is a girls name?” my mom asked.
“Yes her name is Paulette, but she doesn’t like her name” Nastia explained.
My mom nodded.
“What about your other roommate?” she asked.
“Oh Mason”
My mom raised an eyebrow.
“That’s a very unique name for a girl” she said.
“Oh Mason isn’t a girl, Mason is my best friend”
My mom looked at me and I rubbed my forehead.
“You have a best friend... that’s a boy?” my mom asked.
“Yea”
“NAS!”
She looked up and smiled at my brother.
“Hey George” she said as she hugged him.
“Ill be taking her now come on Anastasia”
I looked at my mom and she sighed.
“A boy?” she asked.
I nodded.

“Mom I’ve met the guy he treats her like a sister practically” I said.
“How long have they known each other?” she asked.
“I don’t know but she says they’re childhood best friends” I said.
She nodded and looked at me.
“The girl that lives with them right now has a huge crush on him” I said.
She nodded.
“Brandon I like this girl” she said.
I nodded.
“Don’t mess this up” she said.
I rolled my eyes and she smiled.
“Come on” she said leading us inside.

I walked inside the house to see my brother and her talking. She was moving her hands around and he was laughing. They both looked up and my brother nodded at me. I smiled and clapped my hands.
“Come on let’s go get the Stanley Cup” I said.

“We should have just stayed at the Airport” I heard Nastia tell my mom.
My mom laughed and patted her shoulder and we walked over to the car. My brother was driving so I got Nastia’s hand and pulled her closer to me. I kissed her cheek and she smiled up at me.
“Pittsburgh is so nice” she said.
I laughed and we got into the car.

*********Later that day**********

Nastia’s POV
“Come on” Brandon said.
I shook my head.
“I’m not going to touch the Stanley Cup” I said.

He looked at me and so did his parents.
“Why?” his mom asked.
“Cause well I’m not exactly strong” I said flexing and nothing showed.

Brandon laughed.

“Liar come on” he said.
“No Brandon what if I drop him” I said.
“Did you just refer to the Stanley cup as a he?”
I nodded and Brandon smiled.
“Come on ill help you” he said.
I shook my head.
“No…if I drop it and something happens ill be killed” i said.
His mom laughed and looked at me.
“Come on hun” she said.
I sighed and nodded.
“You better not let it fall” I warned Brandon.
He laughed and nodded.
“I won’t” he said.
“Ok” I said walking over to him.

He picked up Lord Stanley and he handed him over to me. I took a deep breath and Brandon laughed.

“You aren’t going to drop it” he said laughing.
“Don’t laugh at this” I said.
He helped me pull it closer to myself and smiled.
“Well give it a kiss” he said.

I leaned in and kissed the Stanley Cup. I felt more weight on my arms and Brandon smiled at me. He put his hands in his pockets and chuckled at me.

“Brandon this isn’t funny I feel like my arms are noodles not all of us do weights” I said putting my knee up to support the cup.

“Ok ok” he said getting it from me.

His mom smiled at me and Brandon’s dad told him something. Well mumbled it cause I couldn’t hear it.
“Nas since your Hispanic do you know how to dance?” Brandon’s brother, George asked.
I smiled and nodded.
“Well then save me a dance for later on” he said.
I smiled and nodded.
“Will do” I said.

He smiled and Brandon walked over to me.

“I got a surprise for you” he said as he pulled me closer to him.
I raised an eyebrow and he smiled.

“Would you let me gift you things?” he asked.
“No, you’re my boyfriend not a gift giver” I said shaking my head.

He laughed and smiled.

“Well I hope you love what I’m about to give you” he said.

I nodded and he got my hand. We began walking over to his house and he kissed my forehead.
“Two months” he said.
I looked up at him and smiled.
“Yea time passes by fast” I said.

He nodded and made me turn around.

“Have I ever given you flowers?” he asked.
I cocked my head to the side and shook my head.
“No” I said.
I heard him shuffle around and he took a deep breath.
“Well turn around” he said.
I turned around and my eyes widened.

“For you” he said handing me a bouquet of roses.

I took them from him and looked down at the Roses. I opened my mouth and looked at Brandon. He was smiling at me and his face dropped a little when he saw I was crying.

“Happy Tears” I said.
He nodded and I smiled.

“Do you know what Lavender Roses stand for?” I asked.
He smiled and nodded.
“I did my research” he said walking over to me.

Since I was a little kid I had a fascination with flowers, but I fell in love with the Rose. Mason’s mom owns a flower shop so I grew up around flowers. I remember Mason telling me what the color of Roses meant. It was on my 5th birthday that I got my first Rose from him. He told me I represented a white Rose because I was Innocent. He explained to me what the White Rose meant. He told me a white rose was sometimes bad, but in this case because it was my birthday it was good.

I was 10 when I learned the true meaning of a Lavender Rose. Mason’s mom told me it meant Enhancement, Majesty, and Love at First Sight. It’s what a blue flower represented in the fairytales my mom told me. I’m a big believer of fairytales so I thought the Rose was beautiful. It was hard to find though and she hardly had them in stock. I told Mason that I wanted a guy to give me a lavender rose. He looked at me and told me that the guy would come someday, but in the meantime he would give me a white Rose. Since blue roses did not exist, I hoped that one day a guy would give me a lavender rose.

I felt a hand on my cheek and I looked up. Brandon smiled at me and wiped my tears.
“Thank y-’” he cut me off when he pressed his lips onto mine.

We pulled away when we saw a flash. I wiped my face and buried my face in Brandon’s arm. He pulled me closer and laughed when I wiped my face with his shirt. I wasn’t releasing snot or anything. He made me turn around and George took a picture.

“Those are beautiful Roses” his mom commented.
I nodded and smiled up at Brandon.
“Thank you” I told him.
He smiled and I kissed his cheek.

“Now that’s not a kiss. When I came into the room you guys were all roused up” George said.

I laughed and wiped my face. I looked at the Roses and smiled. I brought them up to my nose and smiled.

“I looked everywhere for those flowers” Brandon said.
I looked at him and smiled.
“They’re beautiful” I said.
I smiled at him and nodded.
“Thank you” I said.
He pulled me into a hug and smiled

“You don’t need to thank me. I gave them to you because I wanted to” he said kissing my nose.
I nodded and buried my face into his chest when I saw another flash go off.

“Ok enough crying. Let’s get these flowers in water and let’s go outside” his mom said.
I nodded and we walked into the kitchen. She looked at my necklace and smiled.

“I wouldn’t mind being your in law” she said.
------------------