Status: Finished November 17, 2013

Made in the USA

Accident

Brandon’s POV
“I like her” Crow said as he saw that Nastia was trying not to let Kaner take her into the ice.
I chuckled as I saw Mason wave at her as she lost.
“I like her too” I said.
He laughed and Jonny looked at me.
“How was the vacation? Saw she went to Pitt for your day with the cup.” he asked.
I nodded and I heard a shriek and I looked up to see Nastia try to run away from Kaner. He laughed and skated over to her and she was smiling at him. It was nice to see she saw them as guys she could laugh with and talk with. He picked her up and I looked back at Jonny.
“It was well and yes she did. She didn’t want to come saying it was to soon in the relationship and what not” I said.

He laughed and I heard her shriek again and I heard something fall. My head snapped up and my eyes widened. I saw as tried to sit up but she just started crying saying it hurt. Duncs was the first to her and he tried to get he to move on her back but she just curled up even more and continued crying. Crying is more of an understatement she was screaming bloody murder. I had never heard her cry, so it kind of worried me. Mason looked at me and hit my shoulder.

“Dude go get her” he said.

I skated over and my eyes widened when I saw blood. Jonny was trying to get her to sit up. Patrick was apologizing to her and she just wasn’t hearing him. I honestly think she blocked everyone out. I kneeled in front of her and touched her shoulder.

“Come on let me see” I said as Jonny sat her up.

She moved her hand from her forehead and I grimaced when I saw that she had in fact opened her head. She was bleeding quite a bit.

“How bad does it hurt?” Jonny asked her.

“I don’t think it’s how much it hurts Tazer. The girl fell off Kaner’s shoulder, she’s spooked”

I looked at her and pushed her hair from her face.

“Let’s get you cleaned up” I told her as I got up.

She nodded and I helped her up. I lifted her up bridal style and skated out of the ice. Mason had already called a team medic and he led me to a small room.

“What’s your name hun” he told her as he shined a light on her eyes.
“Anastasia” she mumbled as she let out a sob.
He nodded and looked at her cut.
“You’re going to need stitches girl. Mind if I stitch you up?” he asked.
He looked at her and then looked at me.
“Is it going to hurt?” she asked.
He smiled at her.
“A little” he told her.

She nodded and he dabbed her wound with a bit of anesthetics. She looked at him and he smiled at her.

“So Anastasia how old are you?” he asked.
“19” she said.
He nodded and he got the needle.
“How long will I have this?” she asked.
He smiled at her and lifted her face and tilted it a bit.
“About two weeks” he told her.
“Ok” she said as he began stitching up.

She didn’t even flinch or anything. He finished stitching her up and he looked at her.

“Hopefully you don’t scar that pretty face of yours” he said.
She smiled and thanked him for stitching her up.

“No problem, I see you are Brandon’s girlfriend” he told her.
She nodded slowly and he smiled at her.
“go to school?” he asked.
She nodded and he smiled.
“Where?” he asked.
“University of Chicago” she said as she took the mirror from him.
“Oh they don’t look that bad” she said as she looked at herself in the mirror.
I laughed and she looked at me.
“I think you look ok” I said.
She nodded and handed the medic the mirror.
“Thanks” she told him.
He smiled at her and shook her hand.
“You are welcome and I hope to never have to stitch you up again” he told her.

Nastia’s POV
I laughed and nodded.
“I hope” I said.
I got up and I saw Brandon was in his hockey gear.
“Come on let’s go see you skate” I said.
He raised an eyebrow.
“You just busted you head open practically and you still want to stay here?” he asked.
I smiled at him and got his hand.
“I’ve had a concussion B, I think ill live” I said as we walked out of the room and into a hall that led us to the ice.
Patrick was the first to come up to me.
“I am so sorry” he said.
I smiled at him and shrugged.
“I should have told you I get really jumpy when you touch my sides” I said.
Brandon nodded and Mason walked over to me.

“We are now twins” he declared.
I rolled my eyes and smiled at him.
“You feel ok?” he asked.
I nodded and he looked at my stitches.

“Why do you have a gauze?”
Mason looked at Duncan.
“I bruise really easy and well half of my forehead is bruised and I know for a fact that in a few days my eye will be bruised” Mason said.

Duncan nodded and looked at me.

“how are you champ? You gave us quite a scare” he said looking at my stitches.
“I’ll live” I said smiling at him.
“That shriek. You tried to hold it in, but you just let it all out” he said looking at me.
“Yea I tend to cry really loud…and scream” I said.
Mason laughed and nodded.
“Yea this started last year. She was much tougher. Took a clean hit of a softball to the face that left her with a concussion” Mason said slinging his arm over my shoulder.

The guys all looked at me and I gave them a smile.

“Yea I would have had an athletic scholarship but I uh had a concussion that occurred mid season and I was out all season” I said.

The guys made a face and I shrugged.

“It’s not like I want to play it professionally” I said.

They nodded and Brandon looked at me. I hadn’t told him that and I bet he was going to bug me about it.

“You didn’t bust your face open when a ball hit you in the face?” Jonathan asked.
“Uh no I kinda stood up and felt a little dizzy. Coach saw my face and called the ambulance. I had a beautiful black eye for a while” I said.
They nodded and looked at Mason.
“You played a sport?” Jonathan asked.
“Uh yea I played baseball. Stopped playing when I got shoulder surgery and well I lost my scouts cause I didn’t pitch well after that and well it’s not like could afford playing either” Mason said.

The guys nodded and Corey looked at me.

“Where are you guys from?” he asked.
Mason smiled.

“Not like ghetto LA but we went to school with a few ghetto people so excuse our language” I said.
Mason laughed and nodded.
“Pretty much” Mason said.
“And you were born in LA?” they asked both of us.
“I wasn’t” Mason said.
“Well where were you born?”
“San Francisco, then I moved to Gardena when I was about 9 months. When I was like 5 my parents moved to where we live now” Mason said.
“And you’ve known each other?”
“Since birth” Mason said.
I laughed and nodded.
“Yea Mason and I met at my birth. I don’t remember but my mom said we’ve been friends since. Well best friend since we were 5 but you know” I said.

Mason laughed and he helped me slip on my hoodie.

“Now go skate” I said shooing them away.
Mason looked at me and smiled.
“You scared the crap out of everyone” he said.
“I know I screamed cause well I fell of Patrick” I said.
He looked at me and then at Patrick who was on the ice.
“Well he says he’s 5’11, but I’m taller so I have a feeling he’s in fact male troll size” he said.
I laughed and shoved him.
“oww and laugh all you want but you know it’s true” he said wiggling his finger at me.