Status: Highly Active

A Princess? I Rather Be a Pirate. Savvy?

Home is where the heart is

“Welcome back Captain Ripper.” AnnaMaria handed me my hat as I took my first step on deck. The crew members all turned around to see who AnnaMaria was talking to. I put my hat on and surveyed the deck. Everything looked just the way I left it. The dark mahogany wood shined on the railings against the moonlight. The ropes were well coiled around the rails. The deck looked freshly swabbed. Just the way I liked it. AnnaMaria followed me around while I roamed the deck. Everything was perfect. Turning around I pulled her into a hug.

“Thank you. For everything. You really have done so much for me.” Tears began to spring into my eyes. She just hugged me tighter.

“Thanks Captain. I am happy to have you back aboard. Now get some rest and tomorrow you can decide where we are going. I am ready for this adventure. Oh and your cabin is ready. I moved my stuff out last week.” AnnaMaria let go with a simple pat on the back and she walked down the deck towards the first mates cabin.

I began to make my way up the deck. My fingers gliding over the railings. I sighed. The ocean air filling my lungs. It was great to be home. I began to walk towards the helm. Taking the stairs two at a time I bounded up the steps. My hands found my favorite spot on the wheel and I finally felt full. That I had something in life worth living for.

It was different than my life in England. I was just a trophy daughter. A pawn in my father’s chess match. I didn’t want to be that. I wanted my own identity. My own life. My own experiences. A crack of lightning startled me from my thoughts.

That single bolt of lightning made me realize everything is going to be okay. That my old life is gone within the blink of an eye. And nothing will ever make me go back.

******

“Father! Father! She’s gone! Oh father she did it again!” Annabelle shouted as she ran through the castle. She ran passed the butlers and maids in her quest to find her father. She turned the corner and ran smack into a body, knocking her to the ground.

“Princess Annabelle. Ladies do not run. We walk with grace.” Madam Layola chastised the Princess, her nose going into the air. Madam Layola was the etiquette coach for the Prince and Princess’ of England. She knew everything that a Prince or Princess needed to do to be successful. She was never a fan of Danielle, always thinking the girl was more trouble than she was worth.

“Madam Layola I am so sorry. But you see Danielle is gone!” Annabelle shouted as she dusted herself off. Shock etched itself across Madam Layola’s face.

“We must alert the King and the guard at once!” And with that Madam Layola strutted off towards the King’s study, Annabelle in tow.

Annabelle could not wait to see her father’s face when she told him that Danielle was missing. No matter what Annabelle did she could never outshine Danielle. Danielle was the pride of her father. Father always set her up with the hottest Prince’s at balls while Annabelle had to stay home from the balls. Father always took her to foreign countries when he had business while Annabelle staid home with Madam Layola. Father always bought Danielle new horses while Annabelle had the hand me down old mares that could hardly trot.

“King James, we have an emergency!” Madam Layola spoke as she flung open the large, double doors to the King’s study. He was bent over a desk looking at a map, drawing out circles on the map with the commodore of the naval army at his side.

“Not now Madam Layola. Cannot you see we are working? And Annabelle, my dear, you shan’t be in here. This is no place for a lady.” He waved his hand at them and went back to looking at his map.
“Sorry Father. But this is an emergency! Danielle is gone!” Annabelle shouted as she lunged towards the desk. Her hands grabbed onto a chair and she steadied herself, trying her hardest to look concerned. The room went silent. Madam Layola nodded her head in agreement.

“Commodore Krain, will you excuse me? I need to take care of this.” The commodore nodded his head and grabbed the maps. With a curt nod he left the room.

“Madam Layola.” The King shouted as he crossed the room towards his desk.

“Yes sir?” she scurried to the front of his desk, patiently awaiting orders.

“Get me the Commander of the army. We must start a search at once. My daughter is gone! God knows if she is hurt the monster that kidnapped her will pay!” He slammed his fist on his desk. Madam Layola nodded her head and scurried out of the room. The King put his hands on his face and sighed. The King truly loved his daughter. He could not believe she was missing. He needed to find her.

“Father…” Annabelle started taking a step forward. The King grabbed a hold of Annabelle’s hand and gently stroked it.

“We will find her dear. Don’t worry. We will.” He soothed to Annabelle. But secretly, Annabelle hoped that Danielle was never found.

******

“Aye Captain. Where to first?” AnnaMaria asked as I bounded across the deck. After, finally, having a relaxing night sleep I felt alive. That the world was my oyster and I could do whatever I wanted. The crew was busying itself on deck. I looked around and smiled. It was good to be home.

“I think we need some supplies.” I began to busy myself helping the crew let the sails down.

“Oh? I agree! I really need a new vest.” AnnaMaria smiled and looked down at her brown vest.

“Steady mates! Next stop TORTUGA!” I shouted, making my way towards the helm. I moved the wheel towards the heading I wanted and let the ship do its magic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the next chapter! NOTE: I am not following ANY of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Some characters will be the same but I am not doing this in one of the movies. If you read this pretty please let me know what you think! Sorry this took so long. I just moved to my college house, AH, and had my first week of school, another AH!, it's been insane!