Status: It's comin' along, I guess.

I'm Complete

This Is Your Chance...Don't Blow It

"Hey! Are you coming to my costume party tonight?" Matthew asked me as I was getting ready to leave the set.

"Oh! Yeah sure! When is it?" I asked curiously. Matthew laughed nervously.

"Tonight..." he trailed off. Crap! Darren told me weeks ago but I forgot to get my costume. I'll just drop by the costume store and pick up a quick costume. Maybe I'll be a pin-up girl. My thoughts were interrupted by Matthew nervously saying that I don't have to go.

"No, it's fine! It was my fault anyways! Darren told me weeks ago but it had slipped my mind in all this Glee madness! I will definitely be there though. I promise!" I explained quickly, all in one breath.

"First of all, I'm impressed that you did that in one breath and second of all, I will hold you against your promise." Matthew said and I could tell he was amused.

"Alright. I'll see you later, Matt." I said as I walked towards my car in a slight rush. I heard Matt shout a slightly sad "Later" and felt kinda bad, but I would explain to him tonight that I was late for lunch with Chris. That is something you can never be late for.

"There is hell for you to pay, Carson Amelia! I had to sit next to a possessed, screaming three-year-old for an HOUR, waiting for your sorry ass!" Chris exclaimed as I had cautiously walked into the café where we were going to have lunch. Before I had time to answer, my phone rang. It was a number of Broadway. I remembered that I had auditioned for "Wicked" while Darren had his Broadway debut in How To Succeed in a Business Without Really Trying. I had suddenly become very excited.

"Hold on for just a second, Chris. I really need to take this." I said grinning cheesily as I answered my phone.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Good afternoon. Is this Carson Canter?" the voice responded.

"One and the same. How may I help you?" I answered slowly.

"My name is Tyler McCrannen. I am the director for the Broadway musical Wicked. I would like to offer you the role of Elphaba in my performance." He said. I thought my heart stopped beating. I was eager to reply.

"Really?!" I exclaimed excitedly into the phone. Tyler chuckled while Chris looked at me confused and slightly concerned. I waved him off.

"Yes. The choreographer, James Toner, and I saw your audition and thought you were perfect for the role. Your version of Defying Gravity was outstanding and your dancing couldn't be any more perfect. Would you like to take the role? You have some awful big shoes to fill, dear." Tyler answered happily.

"Yes! Yes, of course! Thank you soooo much for this opportunity!" I exclaimed. Tyler began to tell me the details of how I have a month to prepare before I need to be in New York. I would then spend two months in rehearsal for a two month run. Wow! I was about to spend four months in New York! How was I going to tell Darren? I had completely forgotten about that for a second. But I had managed to reassure myself and tell myself that no matter what it is, Darren would be supportive of me. I knew he would be upset though. We were already living together and had managed to get a kitten at the adoption center. When I had told Darren later that night as we were getting ready for Matt's costume party, it went better than I thought.

"Hey Dare-bear?" I asked while putting the finishing touches on my costume. I heard him enter from the bathroom.

'Yes dear?" Darren answered sweetly. The look on his face showing so much love and adoration just melted my heart.

"What would you say if I told you I was going to New York for four months?" I asked nervously. He looked a little upset for a minute but that quickly went away.

"I would ask you why..." he trailed off. He looked kinda fidgety. Like he did when he wanted to say something more. I ignored it.

"Well, what would you say if I told you that I got the role of Elphaba in Wicked from when you pushed me into the audition during your own Broadway debut?" I asked excitedly. He look sad for a moment but it quickly melted into that adoration and love look he has that I love so much.

"I would tell you that I am so proud of you and that you couldn't be a better Elphaba." Darren said honestly but still fidgety. This time it was his nervous fidget. The one he did when he wanted to ask me something. This time i didn't ignore it though.

"Dare-bear what's wrong? You look like you want to ask something." I said slightly concerned.

"Carson, I love you so much. You are my best friend and the love of my life. The first day I met you I fell in love. Everyday that I find out something new about you, I fall deeper and deeper in love with you. We have been together for exactly one year today. Happy anniversary, love. I want to sing you something." He said to me. Then, he guided me to the grand piano and sat down next to me. He started playing an unfamiliar song. (A/N I know that is not Darren's song. Just use your imagination (; ) I could see Darren start to break down. Something was wrong and I could tell. When Darren finished he looked at me and started to bawl.

"I love you so much and there are times that I see you doing amazing things and can't help but think that I don't deserve you, that you so much greater than me. Superior if I may. Then I reassure myself that you are the amazing person that fell in love with me and you don't seem to want to leave. I don't want to leave either. Which is why I'm not. I'm going to spend the rest of my life with you. So," Darren said, silent tears flowing down slowly as he got on one knee and got that familiar velvet box out of his pocket, "Carson Amelia Canter, will you make me the happiest man alive and become my wife?" I was in shock. I couldn't believe that I was about to spend the rest of my life with the greatest man I've ever met, that I can call the love of my life.

"Yes! Yes! God yes!!!" I exclaimed loudly. We decided not to go to the party but since I had promised him I would go, I called Matt and told him I would make up for it. The rest of the night, Darren and I celebrated the fact that we were going to spend the rest of our lives together.

"I can't believe you wrote a song for me." I said tiredly. Darren chuckled.

"Baby, you know that I'll do anything for you. I love you so much." Darren says, in awe.

"Happy Halloween, babe." I said.

"Happy Halloween." Darren said lovingly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Not-Even-Close-To-Halloween, guys! So new chapter....AND DARREN PROPOSED!!! MY BABIES ARE GETTING MARRIED!!!!!! I guess, you should just keep on reading to find out how they go through the stress of planning a wedding! Till next time, my T-Bexes!