As They See It

Chapter Two

It’s been a really long time since I’ve wrote in you. I’m glad I found you again though because I remember writing journals always being a good way for me to deal. Not that I have a whole lot to deal with, not anymore, but still.

My mom wanted me to be more social this year, since it’s my last year in school. She doesn’t understand that nobody really wants me around. I told her I would try, though, as long as I don’t have to go to parties. Anyway, right now I’m waiting to mentor a delinquent. His name is Luka and he’s a werewolf, but that’s all I know right now. I don’t know who thought to put the werewolf with the vampire but they weren’t the best and the brightest. Oh well, I guess.

I’m so done with this school already. I’m sick of having to put up with everyone around me. Hopefully it’ll be a lot different at college. I’m applying to a few vampire only colleges. It seems counterintuitive to have those, I know, but the fae and the werewolves and all the other magical creatures have something against us in particular, as if we’re humans too. I just can’t deal with all the hatred surrounding my culture.

It’s not like I picked to be a vampire.

I don’t know how I’m going to get through this year. They put a ban on eating everywhere but in the cafeteria, which means hiding in the library isn’t an option anymore. I remember when people realized I was a vampire for the first time, the instant fear, as if I would suddenly decide to drink their blood or something. Nope. I’m not even a blood drinking vampire. Though I’m sure reading minds is a little intimidating.

I don’t know. I just hate my life so much sometimes. I always hear that things will “get better” but it just doesn’t seem like it’s true. Maybe this tutoring gig will be okay after all. I’m getting paid no matter what happens so that’s… money, I guess. I suppose I’ll need a lot of that to get where I want to be going.

I think my delinquent is here so I have to go but I’ll write in you later.