As They See It

Chapter Three

I’m not sure if I’m being mocked or not with this little tutor nerd kid. I’m pretty sure he’s only about ten years old, and he’s half the size of me. Do people think I’m really that stupid, or are they trying to test me? I’m surprised this kids mommy wasn’t there with him to protect him from the big bad wolf.

He’s got a weird name too. Garland or some weird shit like that. He talked indefinitely, or so it seemed. He also had bright red hair. It was hard to concentrate with it right under my nose.

I’m not sure what I think of him yet, but he hasn’t brushed my fur the wrong way yet so I guess he’s fine for now. Although I do feel like I recognize him for some reason. Maybe I knew him back when I was a kid or something.

I was actually a surprisingly normal child. I was social and I liked playing with other kids. I had a few friends. I remember this kid in my grade would always watch everyone from afar, I don’t know if it was my ego or not but I caught him looking at me more than anyone else.

As soon as I got the kid to stop babbling awkwardly, he pulled out a bunch of books that were heavier than he was. I laughed at him, because it was comical to see him struggling. I swear, his arms are made of noodles or something. I don’t know why, but I helped him. It seemed like this kid was extremely fragile, and normally I wouldn’t care but I felt like I should protect him.

I didn’t do much reading or studying myself, as I was busy studying the boy in front of me. It was weird, his eyes seemed like they were black. It intrigued me. He intrigued me, and I couldn’t shake the feeling that I knew him.

I hate to admit it, and I don’t want it to happen but I feel like this kid is already starting to win me over. He seems so innocent, and I don’t think I can be… me around him.

I should probably go before I start spewing out more bullshit. I need a cigarette.