As They See It

Chapter Five

It’s been about a while since I’ve had to start this reform program. It seems like.. it’s working? I’ve been going to school more frequently, and my grades aren’t actually completely terrible. Garren is really my only… What do I call Garren? What is that kid to me? Is he a friend? I don’t really remember what real friends are supposed to be. But I guess that’s what I can call him.
It’s hard to describe him. I want to say that he’s almost... cute. He doesn’t really have many friends either, but can I really blame him? People aren’t that great. I still feel like I knew him once.

The full moon is in a few days, so I’m not gonna be able to go to our tutoring session. Normally I’d be happy about that, but I might miss the little guy. I have noticed that he seems to look sickly all the time. Maybe he’s got some strange disease? I probably shouldn’t assume strange things about him. But I can’t very well ask him why he’s so small? It seems like he doesn’t mind me, and I’d like to keep it that way, maybe I could even improve his thoughts on me?

I’ve been thinking that I should try to get in touch with my father.. Sure he didn’t pay much attention to me when I was actually around but everyone deserves a second chance, right? I’m getting mine right now, so he should too. I don’t know how I would get ahold of him after all this time though. I don’t even know if he ever looked for me after I ran away.
I wonder if any of the kids at school wanted to know what happened to me. I kind of had a few friends, and there was that kid that watched everyone. I was always nice to him.

Now that I think about it, I think that kid was named Garren. I doubt it’s the same Garren though. I guess I could always ask him… What would the odds be of that happening? Probably not very high.
He goes to the same school as me, so he must be a supernatural.. I just have no idea what he is. Can you ask someone that too? He could be a werewolf, but he’s too small, its not unheard of but we’re usually larger people. He could be a dwarf, but he’s not that little. Maybe a witch? A vampire? I guess I’ll ask him..

I kind of think that I might sort of like him more than a friend maybe? I haven’t felt anything like that towards anyone since well.. her, and I don’t even think that was real. Everything is confusing.
I’ve got to go for the night. I have to wake up early and Garren will be upset if I’m late.

p.s.
I still accidentally call him Garland sometimes.