‹ Prequel: The Guardians

Breath of Life

And you can light the dark all by your own

“Hey Stacy!” Stiles’ voice calls out. I look up from the book I’m reading to see my cousin’s best friend walking into my living room in the middle of the day.

“Shouldn’t you be in school?” I ask, earning a sigh from Stiles as he plops down next to my feet on the couch. “Ok what’s wrong kiddo?”

“I knew Deaton said things would be different after we played fake sacrifices but this seems to be really different.” Stiles starts to explain, “things don’t feel right.”

“Explain?” I ask, putting my book down and give him my full attention.

“I can’t sleep,” he starts, “and when I do sleep it’s hard to tell what’s real and what’s not. It’s constantly guessing between if I’m still dreaming or I’m awake.”

“Dream within a dream?”

“I’m not the only one feeling this?”

“I’m not sure about Scott and Allison but,” I sigh watching Stiles fall with each word, “but I know what what you’re going through. I’m experiencing it too.” It’s not a lie to make the kid feel better. I really am going through this; especially since Derek left a couple days ago.

“So how are you not losing your mind?” He questions, hoping I’ve got answers that’ll help him.

“I’m distracting myself from my problems and focusing them on my loved ones’ problems.” I tell him, “my problems are minuscule compared to yours and Scott’s and Derek’s. Focusing on you guys is what’s keeping me sane.” He lets out an annoyed sigh before running his fingers through his hair. “I might also have some sleeping aids that’ll help you.”

“Are you seriously going to give me sleeping pills?” He asks, raising his eyebrow.

“Do you really think I’m going to give an underage kid sleeping pills?” I scoff before laughing, “who do you think I am Stilinski? Peter? These are herbs that’ll help you sleep naturally. They’re in the shed if you’re interested.”

“Do they work?”

“I wouldn’t be offering them if they didn't.” I smile, putting a hand on his shoulder. “You’ll get through this. You’re a strong kid, you’ve just got to make sure this doesn’t take over you. Promise me if these herbs don’t work, you’ll go to a doctor?”

He weakly smiles, but that’s more than enough of an answer for me.

**

After Stiles left, I decide to call Derek. First time, no answer; along with the second and third time. Fourth time, however, it went straight to voicemail. A frown quickly forms on my face as I hang up. This isn’t like Derek. He’s never ignored my calls, no matter how mad he was at me. And Derek got really mad at me growing up, especially when it came to Kate Argent.

Something is up, I can just feel it in my bones.
♠ ♠ ♠
I felt bad for not updating so here's a little something.