Status: Updates whenever I can be bothered.

The Consulting Detective and I

Prologue

I looked around the room and took a sip of my coffee letting the hot liquid run down my throat "It's been a long time since I've been in here." I stated my voice echoing around the empty kitchen.

Mrs Hudson smiled at me "Well, I'm glad you're back."

I nodded "Me too, I've missed it here, must say it's changed a bit." I chuckled looking at the science equipment on the table.

"That's Sherlocks stuff; he does make such a mess sometimes." Mrs Hudson moaned.

"Ah yes, the great Sherlock Holmes, I've heard a lot about him." I said warming my hands on the now empty mug.

"What have you heard about me then?" A deep voice asked from behind me making me jump.

I put the mug on the table and put my hands over my heart "Jesus Christ." I scolded taking a deep breath.

I looked behind me to see a tall man, around 6 ft, he had dark curly hair and blue-green eyes. He wore a deep purple shirt that hugged his chest as it was a little to small for him and a pair of black trousers.

"Oh sorry, did I scare you?" He smirked his lips twitching up into a slight smile.

"Oh no, I just reacted like that because I felt like it." I snarled narrowing my blue eyes.

"Sherlock you really shouldn't do that, you could give someone a heart attack." Mrs Hudson spoke.

I stood up "Marina Jones." I smiled holding out my hand for him to shake.

Sherlock looked down to my hand and then to my face "Sherlock Holmes" he told me not even bothering to shake my hand "Mrs Hudson make me some coffee." he walked off to the living area and sat on a grey arm chair.

"Not your housekeeper!" Mrs Hudson shouted as she stood up from the kitchen table and walked down the stairs.

"How do you like your coffee?" I shouted to Sherlock.

"Back with 2 sugars." He replied walking into the kitchen and leaning against the worktop "What was it like living in France?"

My mouth opened in shock "How did you know I've been living in France?" I asked puzzled.

"Because you have a subtle tan, that means you've been somewhere abroad but not somewhere much hotter than England. Your tan line shows casual clothes which means that you weren't there on holiday but definitely not on business because you only look around 17 and people don't wear casual clothes on business, so the only other thing left is living there. The charm bracelet that you're wearing has an Eiffel Tower charm in the middle which sows you have a love of Paris, also the farewell card sticking out of your handbag is written in French." He pointed out "Obviously." He grinned smugly at me, I could clearly see that he got a kick out of my reaction.

There was a silence as a stood lost for words "Well I'll make you that coffee then." I spoke turning on the kettle and waiting for it to boil.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys, this is just a short prologue. I didn't want to make it really long because I'd rather not write 2,000 words about Marina meeting Sherlock and moving in because that's just not that exciting. Please feel free to comment etc.

XOXO

Law