The Art Of Getting By.

English

I was just doodling Frank in English, he's sat next to me so I may as well, I keep feeling him look at me every so often but I don't look back.
My English teacher was burbling on about something. "Does anyone have any ideas about which elements of the novel are pinpointed as part of the romantic movement?... Anyone? .... Gerard? ... Gerard!?"
I hadn't been listening so I didn't know what to say.. "Yeah?"
"I was asking what conclusion you came to on the exercise we're doing."
"Sorry, about what exercise? " i ask as I wasn't aware we were even doing one.
"About which elements of the novel are pinpointed as the romantic movements.." She sounded pained and annoyed at this point.
I was still clueless "sorry, which novel?"
At this the class mumbled a little laughter and the teacher looked completely at loss. But Frankie smiled at me. The smile again.
"The mayor of casterbridge Gerard. Which obviously you didn't read "
"Oh, I, I loved it. "
"Uh huh, clearly.. Anyone else?"
"My favourite part of the book is how the towns layout is described from the perspective of a bee. Traveling from one side of town to the other. It's so visual. So I guess what hardy is doing is aligning his point of view, not with an all seeing god but with in insect. The tiniest, humblest creature in nature. Which is pretty romantic. " I smugly smile at the teacher who was staring at me in pleased awe.
"Think you just found your term paper, Gerard. " he said smiling.