The Art Of Getting By.

Lunch

At lunch, I walked by frank and his friends, he waves at me a little and smiled. I went to sit at my usual table, at the back but was very surprised when I heard a loud 'GERARD' from across the hall, Frankie actually wanted me to sit next to him, even with his pretty cool friends.
He waved me over and said "come join us"
I walked over, smiling at him, bringing my tray. "Oh, cool." I said to him, placing down my tray as frank introduced me.
"Oh, you know Will and Zoey right? "
"Uh, yeah we're in math class together" I say, smiling at will.
"You, you never have your homework" will says
"Right" i reply and smile.
"Hi Gerard"
"Hi zoey" I smile, and drink some water, placing my bag on the ground.
"Dude what are you ways drawing?" Will asked with curiosity. "He's like the mad artist,just hinged over his books. He never listens to a word the teacher says" will says, smiling at him.
"Oh, like you do." Frank says sarcasticly.
"Can I see some of the shit you draw?" Will asks.
I shuffle a bit, no one ever really cares, I grab my bag again "yeah, sure" and look for my notepad. Or really just grab any book. They're all filled with doodles anyway. I hand it over to him, and he flicks through it With awe.
"You have issues" frank says, jokingly.
"Naw, dude you're sensitive" will says, looking at each page. Trying to take it all in. "The sensitive artist" he jokes. "Could you draw something like this for one of my parties?" He asks, not looking up. "I'm throwing a huge one at my brothers club on New Year's Eve."
I look at him, "are you serious?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.
"Yeah man, you know. We can blow if up, make it a poster, invites, flyers. "
"Yeah, that'd be great, right?" Frank asks.