The Art Of Getting By.

Wanna come up?

"You wanna come up? " frank asks me, smiling again.
I nod and as i walk into his house, I see it's very feminine and floral.
"I'm sorry about that chicken, we had a really late night, we got home right before you left for school. " her mother says to Frankie, giggling and still only wearing underwear an a robe only this time with a glass of red wine too.
Frank just kinda looks at his mother but lovingly as her mother giggles.

Frank laughs a bit "mum. This is my new friend, Gerard" he says, pointing at me while I smile a little, still looking around her house.
"Hey Gerard!"
"Hello mrs Iero"
"What a genuine pleasure" she grins again, waving a little.
"What do ya want Gee?" Franks mother asks, while opening a cupboard of many assists I alcohol and pouring more red wine.
As they continued chatting, the three of them I noted how close frank and his mother were.
As I drank some kind if alcohol, she jumped at me and I spilled a little of my drink on myself, franks mother laughed, a bit tipsy and hugged me a little "this one's ticklish" she said in her high pitched tone and went to get a paper towel not before adding "ticklish people make great lovers" making me chuckle a little.
Frank sighed a little, embarrassed and exasperated.
"My god, she's amazing" I say, smiling.
"Not if you're her son" frank smiled.
"How'd you end up in New York?" I ask, curious as they had talked a lot about their travels.
"My mum had me when she was 16, my dad was a truck driver and uh, one day, he took off and never came back" frank explained.
" and this was...?"
"Clarksburg, it's a small town " he finished for me, ever smiling.
"This rich guy from New York started coming down, then it was like we were castaways and he was the ship... But.. I ended up here, 8 years old, new school, new friends, fancy new clothes. My mum divorced the guy a year ago, and now she's uh.. Back on the single scene with a vengeance. " smiling still, a little sarcastic. "I do think I should get some homework done though." He said, downing the rest of his drink.
"I should get going then, got work to do myself. " o say as I start retrieving my things.
"Yeah right." He smirks sceptically at me.
We stare for a little while at each other, just smiling serenely.
"Thank you"
"Goodbye"
So back home I walk.