She's Not Afraid

Late Night Thoughts

Adrienne's POV

I'm on this damn balcony, smoking...again. I stole one of Niall's "Crazy Mofos" shirts and slipped on a pair of underwear I left over here.

Niall caved in on the ride home. He's been snapping at everybody...so he reasoned that he needed a good lay. And damn, it was good.

"Why did you go and get Louis?" I groan out. "I had it under control!"

"He's my mate, I can't do dat to him." He mutters while gripping the steering wheel tightly. I roll my eyes and look out the window, watching the street lights and people blur by. "I'm sorreh."

I was caught off guard and I whip my head around.
"What did you say?"

"I'm sorreh, okay?" He sighs. "I picked you fer a reason. Yer smart, talented, and pretteh. A feckin' triple threat."

"Yet I'm not your girlfriend." I huff under my breath.

Niall stops at the stoplight and turns to me and grabs my hand.
"But first, do you forgive meh?" His blue eyes sparkle and I sigh.

"Yea, so wha-"

"Adri, do you wanna be me girlfriend?"

I smirk then lean across the console and kiss him on the lips.

I chuckle then I lean over on the railing out looking the few streets visible from here. I inhale another puff thinking back to earlier with Anna. How could she be hiding this from Niall? They've been friends for like forever, right?

I huff out a huge cloud of smoke and shake my head. I can't blame Anna, hell I'm manic-depressive. My therapist got me into writing and screaming in my band. My hair looks like a smurf's ass because I'm fucked up!

No, no, don't think that way!
My hands tremble as I dare light another stick. I place it in between my lips and suck until I stop shaking. I exhale and see I sucked a good chunk out of that one.

I sit on the concrete floor and stare into the night. What felt like hours, were actually seconds. I snap back into reality when I hear a phone ringing in the flat.

I put out my cigarette and go back inside. The phone stopped ringing and I hear Niall.
"Hey, Anna, wassup?"