She's Not Afraid

Screaming

My voice has been getting raspier and the band thinks it's helping our performances. I've been making about £500 lately and it's all been helping pay for my smokes and small gifts I've been bringing Anna.

I stand in front of my closet in Niall's favorite lace lingerie set while biting on my lip. The guys came back from their tour yesterday and Louis said he'd see Anna , so I got a break.

I pull out some purple skinny jeans and a loose black tee. I threw them on my bed then look in the mirror.

"Fucking shit!" I mutter. I see an old puncture wound from rehab that never fully healed because I've been picking at it for years.

"Adrienne, you need to get fluids!" The doctor screams, holding the needle above his head while the nurses struggle to keep me down on the bed.

I've been screaming and kicking at them for about 10 minutes now.
THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR TELLING THEM ABOUT US!

The meds clearly weren't working and I haven't been healing well.
KEEP SCREAMING, YOU'RE GIVING THEM A SHOW!"

My demons were getting louder and I was getting tired of fighting. I thrash around once more before a male nurse held my waist and the doctor stuck two different needles in my thighs.

I scream out once more and drift...


I shudder and run over to my purse. I dig through and pull out my cigarettes.
"No, I need something stronger." I keep digging and find the heroine Roxy had been able to score from her American cousin. I smile and get a spoon from the kitchen.

Niall's POV

Adrienne invited me over for a fun night and I've missed her over the last few weeks.

I walk to her flat door and take the spare key from under her mat and let myself in. I close the door and see Adri setting up a needle and syringe.
"Adri, what da hell?!?!" I run over to her and smack the needle away from her.

"Niall!" She smiles at me like nothing's wrong. "You want some, this stuff will take your pain away!"

"Are ya alreadeh high?" I ask. I look at her frame, she had been skinnier than when I left her. Her ribs were starting to stick out and her curves were disappearing. "Adri...baby...wha...wha...have ya been doin' to herself?"

I had tears building up and I pull Adri close. She even felt different under me.

The Next Morning

I wait til the morning for Adrienne to get up. I made sure she was still breathing every hour. I barely slept through the night being worried about her.

I stagger from from the living room sofa and started fiddlimg with the coffee maker. My phone starts buzzing and I see that Anna responded to my message.

Anna: What do you mean?

Niall: She's on some harder drugs. Heroine, I think.

I put my phone down and see Adri walk out of her room. She had bags under her eyes and smells like death.

"Hey, Nially, baby." She says coming up to me and hugging me. I grab her arms and back her up into a chair.

"Adri, are ya sobah 'nuff t' understan' meh?" I say slowly.

Adrienne's POV

I analyze Niall's face and he had dark circles under his eyes.
"Have you been crying?" I ask.

Niall holds my hands in his then brought them to his lips and kisses them.
"Adri, I love ya, okay? I don' wanna see ya hurt yerself." He starts. His eyes water. "Babeh, what wer ya doin' last night?"

My lip trembles my hands shake.
"I-I need a sm-smoke." I stutter and turn my head away from Niall's piercing gaze.

"No! No more! Ya haf a problem, Adri!" He shouts. "No more smokin' or injectin'! Get clen or I'ma put ya back in rehab!"

I tense up at that and start sobbing.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I'm a fucking screw up!" I scream

Niall pulls my into his chest and rubs my back and kisses my hair.

Niall's POV

Adri cried herself to sleep in my arms so I put her back to bed and called Louis to get the number from the hospital. Then I see Adri starting to spazz out on her bed. I freak out and call the medics.

It took the emergency medics 5 minutes to get here and load Adri's semi-conscious body into the emergency vehicle. I sat in the back, holding her hand, praying that I get her back. 'Cause I don't wanna let her go.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys liked it.
<3