She's Not Afraid

That Ring

Anna’s P.O.V

“So you’re in a band, you’re famous, and you’re wasting time talking to me.” I said to Louis. We were in one of the bedrooms.
“I don’t think it’s a waste of time.” He smiled. I felt my cheeks heat up.
“You blush a lot.” He pointed out. That just made my face go redder.
“Thank you captain obvious!” I glared, hiding my face.
“Hey, can I ask you a question, well two actually?” He asked me.
“Shoot.” I gave him a small smile.
“One, are you married? Two, what happened to your arm?” I was startled by how forward he was.
“My fiancé died three years ago…this was the ring I had made for him…and my scars are my story. I had a vicious cat when I was a child.” I told him. It was partially a lie.
“Oh, how did your fiancé pass?” Louis asked sympathetically.
“Car accident, drunk driver, should have been me.” I started having flash backs.

* “Ms. Marks, we have your fiancé in the hospital. He was in a massive car accident. The odds are not in his favor…oh my god! START CPR!” *

“Anna, love?” Louis said, shaking my shoulders lightly.
“Huh, oh sorry.” I said quietly. I hadn't thought about it in a while.
“You don’t have to talk about it, love.” He rubbed my knee gently. He was so much more…what’s the word I’m looking for- my thoughts were interrupted by the sound of my phone blaring Forever the Sickest Kids. I looked down to see my fiancé’s mom calling me.
“Give me a second.” I sighed.
“Hello…yeah…you want it? Why? It’s all I have left!...Fine.” I hung up.
“What was that about?” Louis asked.
“She wants his ring…why would she…” I was crying. Louis just wrapped me into a massive hug. I felt that same warm fuzzy feeling I did when I first hugged him in Starbucks. Was this the way Mark was telling me it’s time to move on? If so, I liked his style.
“Maybe she wants it because she wants that piece of him.” Louis tried to make sense of what I told him.
“She can have it. I think it’s time I moved on. She hates me anyway.” I laughed a little.
“How could she hate you?” Louis asked, shocked.
“I am in to body modifications…she was a republican shit head who thought I was the devils spawn.” I started laughing, remembering when Mark’s mom saw my tattoos on my leg.
“You’re into body modifications?” Louis looked at me. Yes I looked like a goody goody, but I was really into heavy metal, my ears used to be gauged until I was forced to have surgery to make them look normal, I have ten tattoo’s and twelve piercings in each ear.
“Yeah, my upper legs and back are covered in tattoo’s, my ears used to be gauged until I had surgery and yeah.” I smirked.
“Oh my god, that’s awesome! She must have flipped a shit.” Louis laughed. I just nodded, remembering how she reacted to my gauges.

*"Why couldn’t you bring home someone normal!?"*

“Hey guys, Paul is asking for us. He said fans are going crazy.” Zayn interrupted. I looked confused.
“Our body guard.” Louis responded. I nodded and he and I walked out.

Harry’s P.O.V

I haven’t seen Louis smile at a girl like that since Eleanor. They broke up on good terms. She is engaged to be married to another male from what I’ve heard. But the way Louis looked at Anna, he was falling for her.
“Hey Liam, look at them.” I pointed to the two of them, playing yet another game of Mario Kart.
“They need to go out.” I nodded in agreement.
“Whatcha talking about?” Anna looked up at us with a questioning look on her face.
“Nothing important.” Liam smiled.
“Come here Styles, I think we need a rematch so I can let you win and you can stop sulking.” She said, mimicking me.
“Oh it’s on…what’s your last name?” I asked her, realizing she hasn’t said it.
“…Marks.” She seemed to go into another world.
“Alright Marks, let’s go!” I yelled. She smiled and Louis tossed me the controller.

Louis’s P.O.V

“Hey Lou, come here a minute?” Liam asked flagging me over to him.
“What’s up Li?” I asked.
“You like her…” He started “Don’t you?”
“Is it that obvious?” I asked sheepishly. He nodded.
“Louis, you just met her, be careful.” He warned.
“Li, she is better than Eleanor. I haven’t smiled this much in months. Even if we’re just friends, I will be happy. Li I am not letting her get away.” I said.
“Not letting who get away?” Niall asked, mouth full of food, as usual.
“Annabelle.” Liam nodded in her direction. My cheeks got hot.
“Oh wow. Good luck mate.” He said.

Anna’s P.O.V

Niall looked so familiar. Why? I don’t know really.
“Niall, where in Ireland did you grow up?” I finally asked
“Mullingar Westmeath Ireland.” He said, still stuffing his face.
“Oh my god! That’s where I know you from! We grew up in the same neighborhood!” I said excitedly. Niall’s eyes lit up as he started to remember.
“Annabelle Marks! From Mrs. Leo’s class!” He came over and hugged me.
“We were best friends until I moved!” I squeezed him.
“Where’d your accent go?”
“America.” We both laughed. We sat down catching up on old times.
“Hey guys, thank you for having me. But I got to get going.” I smiled.
“Let me walk you out.” Louis stood up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!