She's Not Afraid

Jealous

Niall's POV

"Welcome to the nightmare in my head,
Say hello to something scary,
The monster in your bed,
Just give in and you won't be sorry..." Adrienne sings "Mz. Hyde" during sound check. She looks over at me and winks. I shake my head and laugh.

I turn around and see a new face walk in with a bass guitar and amps in hand. The lad stops a few feet in front of me and looks around the pub.
"Hi, er, is Crooked Smiles playing here tonight?" He asks a bit nervous.

"Yea, ya must be da new bass player." I give him a friendly smile. "Adri!"

Adri stops singing and looks over at us. She hops of the stage and jogs over.
"Hey, what's up?" She asks, moving her hair out of her face.

"I'm Duke 's cousin, Niles." He says my eyebrows raise up.

"Hi, I'm Adrienne, the lead vocals." Adrienne smiles and shakes Niles' hand. "And this is my boyfriend, Niall."

Adrienne's POV

I watch as Niles chuckles and gives Niall a once over.
"Nice t' meet ya, lad." Niall says extending his hand to shake.

"Ah, you're an Irish lad, eh?" Niles asks while taking Niall's hand. "You look familiar."

"Ya might've heard of da boy band One Direction, I'm da blonde one." Niall smirks.

"Ah, yes, my little sister loves you guys." Niles chuckles again, but this time it seems darker. I visibly shudder.

"Adri, ya okay?" Niall asks.

"Yea, I'm just a bit cold standing so close to the door." I say shrugging it off.

"Hey, Niles!!" Duke waves from the stage. "Come set up!"

"Well, I guess that's my cue." Niles turns to me an his forest green eyes lock with mine. "And I'll see you on stage."
Niles waves at us and walks towards the stage.

Niall scowls after him and I shake my head and shudder again.

After the Gig

"I don't like him." Niall growls as we hop in his car.

"I know he's weird, but he was the only bassist we could get on such short notice." I reason.

Niall starts the car and pulls out onto the main roads.
"He didn't hafta invade yer space on stage." Niall mutters, angrily.

"That's how Roxy used to do it!" I retort.

"And ya see where she is now?!" Niall shouts. I look over at him and scowl. Niall glances over at me then sighs. "I'm sorreh, I didn't mean dat, but he disrespected meh!"

"How?"

"He fuckin' flirted wit' ya right in front of meh face when we were leavin'!" Niall groans. He was gripping the steering wheel so tight, his knuckles were white and looked as if they were about to pop out of his skin. We start getting faster and I put my hand on Niall's shoulder.

"Ni, baby, calm down." I say softly.

"We're almost t'ere, I'll slow down then." He huffs.

I look out the window and raise a brow.
"We're no where close to yours or my flat. Where are we going?" I ask.

"To Louis'." He mumbles. I nod then sit back in my seat, knowing anything else I say won't help the tension in car.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it. :)