She's Not Afraid

Since When Can This Happen?

Two weeks later
Anna’s P.O.V

I feel like shit. I have been throwing up ALL fucking morning. Louis and the boys had to go finish recording there album and then talk about their next tour. Louis didn’t want to leave because I was sick. I had to get Liam and Niall to carry him out so he’d go.
“Anna, you okay?” Adrienne knocked on the bathroom door. When the hell did she get here?
“I feel like I’m puking up my insides.” I groaned. She opened the door.
“Oh hun.” She sat next to me.
“What’s in the bag?” I asked.
“Um…well when Louis called me and told me that you were vomiting and had been nauseous all week. I got some pregnancy tests.” She smiled sheepishly. So that’s how she got here.
“I can’t get pregnant.” I stated matter-of-factly.
“Just because you were anorexic doesn’t mean you can’t get pregnant.” She looked at me sternly. I just looked down.
“Fine, I’ll take one.” I sighed, grabbing the bag. She nodded and walked out.

Louis’s P.O.V

Anna was throwing up all morning. I was worried sick about her.
“Man, she’ll be fine.” Liam muttered. We were in the meeting about our new tour.
“Louis?” Simon asked, obviously annoyed at my lack of attention.
“Yeah?” I looked at him.
“You haven’t said a word this whole meeting. Usually you’re the one that won’t shut up.” He pointed out.
“Sorry, just listening today.” I shrugged. He nodded and continued talking about what sounded like a new design for the bus. Suddenly my phone buzzed in my pocket.

Anna: Hey babe, how’s the meeting?
Me: Boring. How do you feel?
Anna: Eh better. I have a doctor’s appointment later. Adri’s orders.

I chuckled a little, earning glares from a few people on the marketing team.

Me: Good. I’m going to try and leave soon. I love you.
Anna: Love you too, Boo-bear <3

“Louis, what is bothering you?” Harry whispered.
“Anna’s sick.” I mumbled.
“Then leave. We’ll tell you what happened.” He muttered. I nodded. Harry whispered something to Simon, he waved me out and I nodded and left.

Anna’s P.O.V

I was shaking as I read the results on all three tests.
“Anna?” Adrienne knocked on the door.
“What?” I croaked. I was crying. Adri opened the door and looked at me.
“Oh no…” She hugged me.
“I’m pregnant. How can I be pregnant?” I wailed. She rubbed her back.
“I’m making you an emergency appointment with the Gynecologist.” Adri pulled away, whipping out her phone. I just nodded and got rid of the tests. Pregnant? How? I’m not supposed to be able to get pregnant! Just as I walked back downstairs, the front door opened.
“Anna?” Louis came in.
“Hey.” I smiled, trying to calm myself down.
“You look like you’ve been crying. What’s wrong?” He asked, hugging me.
“Nothing, just stressed about not feeling well.” I lied.
“When’s your doctor’s appointment?” He asked, kissing my forehead.
“Um…ADRI?! When did you make my appointment?” I yelled.
“Two thirty!” She called, coming down the stairs.
“Thank you.” I smiled.
“I’ll be back to pick you up and take you.” She smiled and hugged me.
“Okay.” I hugged her back.

Adrienne and I sat in the car. I was a mess. If the tests were right, I could die. The baby could die. What would Louis do? How would he react? He’d probably do what Mark did…

“You fucking bitch! Get rid of the baby!” Mark screamed, punching me in the stomach. Tears streamed down my face.
“I-I can’t!” I yelled. This only enraged him even more.
“I WILL MAKE YOU!” He punched me harder, causing me to fall to the floor. He started kicking me in the stomach.


“Anna, we’re here.” Adrienne said, shaking my shoulder lightly. I just nodded and followed her. We walked into the clinic. I was greeted with the smell of antiseptic. The nurses smiled at us as we walked in. I was surrounded by mothers, either expecting or getting checked to see if their baby making organs are working. I also noticed the disapproving glances I got from some who noticed my scars.
“Mrs. Marks?” One nurse came out and called. Adrienne and I stood up and followed her into one of the rooms.
“Which one is Mrs. Marks?” The nurse turned to us and closed the door.
“I am.” I raised my hand slightly.
“What brings you in?” She asked sweetly.
“Test for pregnancy.” I couldn’t form sentences to save my life.
“Have you had sex in the past month?” She asked.
“Yes.” I nodded.
“Any disorders?” She asked, obviously referring to my scars.
“Depression, anxiety and anorexia.” I sighed.
“Medications?” She asked. I listed off a bunch of medications, including my birth control. She nodded, telling me the doctor would be in soon. Adrienne gave me some privacy. I put on the paper gown and waited.

The doctor came in ten minutes later and gave me an examination. Then she took a blood test and a urine sample.
“Okay, so from the examination I can tell you that, yes you are pregnant. You’re only a few weeks along though. The reason you experienced these symptoms so soon has to do you’re your recent history of anorexia. Now understand, with how recent your recovery started, you’re chances of miscarriage are higher.” She explained to me. I nodded slowly.
“O-okay.” I stuttered.
“I know you’re scared. But if you continue to eat right, you should be fine.” She smiled at me. I nodded. With that, she left me to change. I walked out into the waiting room.
“So?” Adrienne asked. I just nodded. She hugged me.
“I am in the high percentile for a miscarriage though.” I said softly. She pulled me close.
“How are you going to tell Louis?” She asked. I stopped dead in my tracks.
“He’s going to hate me.” I said aloud.
“No he won’t” Adrienne looked shocked.
“Adri, he’s going to break up with me.” I started panicking. I can’t lose a second baby.
“Anna, why do you think that?” She pulled me to the car.
“Mark beat the shit out of me when I got pregnant with his child.” I said softly.
“Louis is nothing like that sick bastard.” She said, getting in the car. I got in after her.

“We’re home!” Adrienne called out, stepping through the front door. Flour covered the floor and walls.
“What the hell happened?!” We both yelled. Niall and Louis walked out of the kitchen, heads hanging.
“Explain Lou.” I crossed my arms.
“I wanted to make pancakes, Niall came over asking where Adri was, I said I didn’t know, he then asked what I was making, I told him pancakes, he then asked me to make him some, I said no, so he dumped flour on me, and it escalated from there.” He said in one breath.
“Well, you’re both cleaning that up.” Adrienne laughed. They pouted and looked at both of us.
“I agree with Adri!” I put my hands up. The boys began cleaning up. We both laughed and sat on the couch.
“I’m hungry.” Adrienne said.
“Order food?” I asked. She nodded and walked into the kitchen to get the menus. As she walked in, Louis walked out. He wasn’t covered in as much flour, but still enough that I couldn’t take him seriously.
“So what’d the doctor say?” He asked, sitting next to me. Well it’s now or never.
“Um…actually I have to tell you something…” I stated.
“Okay?” He turned and faced me.
“I’m…pregnant.” I closed my eyes preparing for the worst. After about ten seconds, I slowly looked at him. He was in shock.
“You’re…pregnant?” He asked, making the baby bump motion.