She's Not Afraid

Worried

Adrienne's POV

Today was hectic. The boys are going on tour soon, Anna got into a fight, worrying about her weight again, and.... I didn't study for my residency test tomorrow...shit! But my thoughts refused to let me study for my test.

"Niall, I'm worried for Anna." I say throwing my notebook on the bed. "I...I just got this bad feeling."

By now I had been shaking again.
"Den why don' ya call her?" He suggests, not looking up from his phone. "I'm pretteh sure she's alright."

I sneer over at him then pull out my mobile. The phone rings a few times, but no answer.
"Fuck." I mutter.

"What now?" Niall asks with a raised brow.

"She didn't answer. Gimme your phone." I say now visibly shaking.

"Maybe they're havin' sex." He says. "You might be inturruptin' dem."

"No, Niall. I feel something bad, like really bad, now lemme call Louis!" I shout. I now had tears in my eyes and a light headache forming.

The phone rang twice and Louis answers.
L: "Hey Ni, wassup?"
A: "Louis, it's Adri, where's Anna? She didn't answer her phone and I'm worried." My raspy stage voice went through the phone.
L: "She...she hasn't gotten out of the bathroom since we had our little spat." I could hear his voice drop.
A: "Lou, you gotta get her. I got a bad feeling okay. I'm coming over in a few with my kit. Just make sure Anna's okay."

I hang up and shove the phone back at a terrified Niall.
"I'm going to check on Anna. You can come or sit on your ass."

Niall watches me as I change my shorts into some sweatpants and throw on some sneakers. I turn my back and hear Niall sigh then get off the bed. I grab my kit, stock it up with everything, then grab Niall's car keys.

"I'm driving, don't contest it, let it happen." I say walking down the stairs and out the building. Niall was struggling to catch up behind me.

"Adri, what are ya feelin'?" He ask as we hop into the car.

"I had this feeling the second I had to carry Anna out of the bathroom and it just got worse." I grip the steering wheel and take off. I was driving wilder than how Niall was earlier.

We stop at the light around the corner from Lou's then Niall's phone goes off. He answers then puts it on speaker.
N: "Eh Louis, wassup wit' Anna."
L: "She's unconscious on the bathroom floor!" He cries.
A: "Don't worry, Louis, we're out front now!"

Niall hangs up and we rush to the front door. Louis opens the door and we dart in. I head over to the bathroom then try to necessitate Anna. My tears start falling down, and I hear Louis speaking to the medics. Niall wraps his arms around my shoulders and kisses my hair.

"She's still breathing!" I scream. "I need to help her!"

Niall pulls me into him. Louis is behind him, pacing and staring out the front window. I start trembling again and I cry into Niall's shirt.

"Mama!" I scream. "Mama, no!"

She had ODed again and the doctors told her if she did again, she might not live through it. She tried to share her heroin with me...just so it didn't go to waste. I turned it down, but I didn't think it'd kill her.

"Adrienne, there's nothing we can do now." My grandmother said, rubbing my back.

I watched them as they took away my mother in a body bag. I scream one last time, hoping she'd at least twitch a finger to show that she was alive.
"Maaamaaa!!!" I scream. No twitch. No movement. Just gone.


The medics put Anna on a stretcher as Niall continued to hold me.
"Anna!" I scream once and wait. Right before they took her through the door, I scream again. "Anna!!"

She twitches. I smile and slide to Niall's feet onto the floor, sobbing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like it. :)