She's Not Afraid

The Pre-Delivery Scramble

Adrienne's POV

I had been riding Niall when we got the call. It didn't help that I had hopped off mid-stride when he explained to me what happened. We had gotten dressed quickly, but I had to wait for Nialler to handle some business in the bathroom.

So now we were in my car, driving to the hospital. Niall Sat in the passenger's seat, grumbling something in Irish under his breath.

"Oh calm down, Ni." I say still buzzing about this. "You can still get laid before you go back on tour!"

"I know dat, but do ya know how long I've been waitin' to see ya again and have ya me arms again?!" He almost screams.

We stop at a light and I look over at Niall. He seemed like he wanted to cry...or exhale.
"Babe..." I trail.

"I know I sound selfish, but dammit, I missed ya!" Niall turns to look out the window and I hear him sniff. I sigh then drive in silence.

Once we get to the hospital and park, we get out and I grab onto Niall's sleeve and pull him in for a hug and a quick kiss.
"Ni...I love you, I missed you so fucking bad, but right now we gotta support our friends. I promise to make everything up to you later." I use my eyes to plead my case with him.

Niall grabs the back of my head and plants a hard kiss on my lips. He uses his tongue to part my lips and nibbles on my bottom lip and we start a mini make out session.

We break a minute later and I'm breathless and struggling to stay on my feet.
"Hmm..." Ni says. He then grabs my hand and drags me towards the entrance of the hospital.

Once the bright lights hit our retinas, we snap back into reality and head for the front desk.
"Where's yer delivery ward?" Niall asks still holding onto my wrist.

"She doesn't look pregnant." The receptionist says pointing his pencil at me.

"I'm not, but our friend is!" I hiss at the man. "Annabelle Marks?"

The receptionist rolls his eyes and types her name into the system.
"She's on the 3rd floor, room 312." He says writing down the information on a pad then tears the sheet and hands it to us. "The lifts are down the hall, on your right."

We get waved off by the receptionist and dart towards the elevators.
"He was an ass." I comment as we get on the empty lift. Niall chuckles, but the lift opens on the 2nd floor and in comes Alex with a handful of bags of crisps and waters.

"Hi, guys, wanna help?" She asks. We nod and grab a few bags. "Lou said you two were on your way so I went to the cafeteria." Alex shrugs and I laugh at Niall's offended expression.

"I'm not even dat hungry." He says balancing the goods in his hands. The lift dings and we get off running towards the room. We stop at the door and let Alex knock. We hear a faint 'come in' and we slowly make our way in.

"Hey guys, um there can only be 3 people at a time, so who--" Louis was interrupted by Alex.

"I gotta pee, so they can stay." She says placing the snacks on the table and dashes out of the room again.

"Hey, guys." I say giving a meek smile. "How are y'all holding up?"

"I'm only 7 cm dilated." Anna groans.

"But the doctor's are keeping close eyes on her." Lou says, rubbing the back of her hand.

Everyone's phone buzzes and we check it.
"From Perrie?" I ask them. They nod.

"They'll be here in 10." Lou smiles at Anna.

"So 'bout how long 'til y'all are parents?" Niall asks, walking towards Anna and rubs her stomach.

"Whenever--" Anna doesn't finish answering and screams again.

"Get the doctor!" Lou shouts as Anna squeezes his hand. Niall dashes out to get the doctor and soon we were booted out of the room. Anna was finally 10 cm dilated and ready to give birth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Semi-filler