Beauty and the Bastard

Jail Time

I sighed as I sat in the cold cell. My pounding head was rest on the cool metal bars, somewhat helping my headache. My wrists were freezing from the metal cuffs connecting them. My heels were long gone from trying to outrun the cops, so my bare feet was up on the wooden bench with me. I let out another sigh as a cop lead an older man into the cell across from me. Well actually the cop was fighting the screaming and cussing man into the cell across from me. Even after the cop left the man was still cussing him out.

"Can you please stop yelling?" I asked the man as nicely as I could, not wanting to upset him even more.

The man stopped and quickly looked at me. He was tall, about 5'9 or 5'10. He had short barely there whitish blonde hair. His eyes were a cold and angry greyish blue. His large arms was crossed over his chest, since his wrists wasn't cuffed together. He was wearing a stained white undershirt, a short sleeve black button up shirt, dark washed jeans with holes in the knees and black boots. He was a straight up Georgia redneck.

"Now why the fuck would I do that, Girlie?"

I let a small smile form on my lips at the comforting country drawl, even though it was spit at me in anger. "Listen, I wanna do the same thing but it aint gonna help us. We just gotta sit down and play the waiting game." I said softly as my brown eyes slid shut once more. I heard the man sit down, probably on the floor from the noise.

"Whatcha name, Girlie, and why you here?" He asked a little softer now. I guess he saw that I was in pain and all his screaming wasn't helping me.

"Chloe Davidson and im here cause im an idiot when im drunk." I let out a soft laugh that went unheard as the redneck across from me belted out a loud one.

"Aint we all?"

"Well yeah, but this idiot shouldn't have been drinking." That voice, that ugly voice I hate so much. My older brother, Deputy Shane Walsh. Better known as Deputy Dipshit.

"Ah fuck you Shane, don't you gotta go suck all powerful Rick's dick?" I asked spitefully as I glared at the man stand by me on the side of my cell. Speaking of all powerful Rick, here comes the great Sherriff now.

"You shouldn't speak to your brother that way, Chloe." Rick said as he stopped next to Shane. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the redneck scoff and roll his eyes.

"Don't tell Girlie what to do. Ya aint her pops."

I smiled at the man in the cell across from me and blushed a little as I got a wink in return. Even if he was older than my brother and could probably be the same age as my father, I still thought the man was good looking. Well I really thought the man was hot but let's not tell him that. He looks like he has a very big ego.

"Why the fuck don't you stay out of this, Dixon?" I rolled my eyes; of course my brother has to get the last word. "And the last time I checked her pops was dead."

I shot up from the bench and ran to Shane as he stood with his back to my cell. I climbed on the bars a bit before I was able to get the chain in between my cuffs around his neck. I dropped down from my perch and started to choke Shane with the metal. Shane was clawing at the metal and at me but I was leaning back so he can't touch me. Rick finally was able to grab the key to my cuffs and unlocked one of my wrists. I went flying back and the back of my head crashed into the cement floor. I felt blood dripped from the wound but I could help but smile as I saw Shane gasping for air.

"You crazy fucking bitch." Shane gasped out as he looked at me from his spot on the ground.

"Don't talk about my father, Deputy Dipshit." I say as I placed a hand on the back of my head. I pulled it away to see my hand covered in my blood. Rick noticed and let out a deep sigh before calling the doctor, he brought here for me since I was really banged up when the brought me in, over. Rick stepped into the cell and cuffed my wrists back together before waving the doctor in. Rick sat on the bench and let me rest my head on his knee.

"I know you don't like Shane but you can't do that, Chloe." Rick said softly as he rub my shoulder as the doctor worked on me.

"But he said that my dad is dead." I felt the tears come to my eyes. I know that my father aint dead but there is still a 50/50 chance that he can be. My father was on the front line of the Army fighting for our country and Shane knows how much my father means to me. I doubt I would be able to move on if my father died and Shane knows that. He uses that against me all the fucking time.

"You know your dad aint dead. Shane was just saying that to get under your skin." Rick nodded his head as the doctor placed more pain pills into his hand with a bottle of water. Rick helped me take the pills before pulling my head back down onto his knee. "I don't understand why you let him goad you like that. Shane maybe my best friend and partner but he loves messing with you and hurting you. I can't see why you let him see that he got to you."

"Because if I don't do anything he is gonna say worst things until I snap." I whispered as I looked across from me. The redneck was staring right at me with his cold blue eyes. But I could see that they were soften a little with concern, I think. But they are soften a little. I sent the man a small smile before closing my eyes. I let myself drift off to sleep as I heard my brother coughing and cussing me out.

Image

I woke up a little while later to see Rick placed me back onto the wood bench. I turned my heavy and pounding head to the cell across from me. The redneck was still sitting in the same spot as before.

"Glad to see your up, Girlie."

I let out a small laugh. "Are you ever gonna call me by my name? Or am I just gonna be Girlie to you?"

"I can call ya Blondie if ya want or how 'bout Barbie?" a smirk formed on his lips as he looked at my narrowed eyes.

"Just cause im blonde doesn't mean im a dumb fake bitch, alright?" My southern accent I got from my father came out a little heavy on the last couple of words. The redneck just laughed at me words before shifting in his seat.

"Alright then how about…"

I cut him off before he could come up with another stupid or demeaning nickname for me. "How about you tell me your name, Redneck?"

He looked over at me with smirking. "Im gonna call ya Kitten. Oh and its Merle Dixon."

"And why the hell are ya gonna call me Kitten? Why can't you call me by my name?"

"I don't even call my own brother by his name, ya aint gonna be getting no special treatment. And it cause ya cute and tiny like one but ya also a feisty lil' devil. Could also call ya that too." The last sentence was mumbled but I still heard and a smile formed on my lips. Lil Devil was what my dad called me when I was getting into trouble or was about to. I really do miss my dad.

"Why are you in here?" I asked as my head finally stopped bothering. I was able to pull myself up into a sitting position before turning to face Merle. I pulled my legs up and crossed them in front and under me. I played with a strand of my platinum blonde hair as I listened to Merle talk about how he was on all this kinds of drugs. It was a pretty weird yet very entertaining story. I doubt any of it was true but at least I was well entertained.

"Chloe, Chris is here."

I looked away from Merle as Rick called out to me. I nodded my head and stood up to my small 5 foot height. I walked over to the cell door and smiled at Merle who waved at me. Rick unlocked my cell before unlocking my cuffs. I looked back at Merle once more and smiled once more as he smirked and winked at me. I walked up to my second oldest brother who handed me flip flops before signing the release papers. I could see Shane glaring at me and Chris but our older brother made no move to do anything about it, so I didn't. I looked over at the cells and saw the Merle was now standing and by the edge closer to us. I laid my head on Chris's arm as I looked at Merle. Chris shifted his arm a little and I looked up at him. His soft blue eyes looked down at me before he walked out the door. I walked out trying not to look at Merle again but I couldn't help myself from looking at the rough redneck. I sighed as I turned back around and followed my brother.

I guess it's safe to say I have a crush on the redneck named Merle Dixon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chloe's oufit