Feels Like Home

Trust Me

I've never realized just how much I need him. How much he completes me. How much he is part of my world and how I would never change him for the world. We were laying in our hotel bed the day after our wedding when I realized something. I realized that if I absolutely had to choose between him and hockey, I would choose him. Without a doubt. Each time someone became aware of us, they would ask me that question. I never knew what I would've chosen if I actually had to make a choice. Seeing him laying beside me in the morning light, in the middle of nowhere in Canada, made me realize that I would do everything for him.

He always wanted to see snow. So I got this crazy idea that I would bring him to Canada. I didn't want him to only see some snow. I wanted him to have everything he has ever dreamed of. One day when he came home from work, I surprised him with tickets to Yellowknife, Canada. The expression of pure joy I saw in his eyes and the hours that followed were everything I needed to assure myself that my plan really was a good idea. That it was actually the best idea I have ever had.

I wanted him to experience every part of his dream. With a lot of extra surprises that were going to make me as happy as he would be. Once he saw them of course.

I know he thought we were going to go relax at the hotel when we first got there but, I had the firm idea in my head. We needed to enjoy everything that we could. Right away.

First, I took him to the Cameron Falls Trail. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. After seeing the content look he has on his face when he is sprawled beside me just after I have removed myself from his body. Nothing could ever beat that. To go back to our exploration, it was absolutely majestical. Good thing we went during the winter season. The falls were gorgeously frozen and as soon as I saw the place, I knew it was where it would happen.

With each step we took towards the Cameron River Ramparts Waterfalls, I was becoming more and more afraid.

Once arrived at our destination I was frozen in place. Too terrified to even move. I couldn't stop telling myself over and over again that he wouldn't accept. I was so petrified that even the frozen waterfalls didn't look so majestic to me any more. I tried to breathe in some of the cold breeze but nothing helped me regain some composure. I knew it was time.

I asked him to marry me. Surrounded by the beautiful frozen waterfalls. Our feet deep in the snow. Just the moment alone had enough magic to make me lose my breath. Everything became so much more magical when he kissed me. Every dream that I ever had was coming to life and I couldn't be more happy that he was the one by my side.

As much as there was other things I wanted to do after that moment, I knew we needed to visit soon during the week. Once we both stopped crying tears of joy, and were both calmed down enough to walk properly, I brought him to the Old Town. Every street was covered with snow and it was so enchanting it gave me butterflies. Walking down the snowy streets, looking around for the perfect gift for my fiance. Walking hand in hand with that person brings so much joy to me. If I could I would do something as simple as that every day.

I finally found everything what I was looking for. Being with him makes me realize over and over again that I don't need lavish things that my fortune can bring me. I don't need any of those because I have the thing I cherish the most right by my side. I did buy him a little gift because I can't contain myself when it's about him. I feel that he deserves to be spoiled but I also know he doesn't want anything. The smile on his face as we walk hand in hand down the middle of the street, proves to me that he really does only need me but I want to give him more than what he needs. I want to give him everything he wants.

I couldn't stop my thoughts from going all over the place. What if he doesn't want to marry me any more? What if he doesn't want to do it right after I ask for his hand? What if he wants to get married when everyone he loves is around? What if..? What if..? What if..? What if..? What if..? What if..? What if..? WHAT IF..?

We were two hours away from the most important event in my life. Our life. He still didn't know anything about what was about to happen. I was so stressed I almost fucked my plan up. Countless times. But I found enough strength in me to regain my composure and make him dress fancy. Without giving him any reason for doing so.

Late last night I called the courthouse. They gave me a time and a date to come by. They said that they'll turn my wish into a reality. I'm really glad that we are able to get married in the place of his dreams. It's also going to be legal in our home town too. Which is fucking wonderful.

As we were walking down the street to the courthouse, I was practically tripping on the ice each time I placed a foot on the ground. All because of how stressed I was.

The tears running down on his cheeks when I removed the scarf from his face and the realization that we were actually going to be getting married today, were everything that was needed to remove every bit of fear I was feeling.

After I brought him to our room that night, our first night of being husbands, we didn't really care about visiting the town. Even if it was majestic with its frozen waterfalls and roads covered with snow. We had everything we needed to be happy, in our arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

''This is how we got married mom, but you heard the story so much that I know that you know it by heart''

My mom and I were standing on top of the Cameron River Ramparts Waterfalls. Summer had taken over Yellowknife For me, seeing the once frozen waterfall cascade and the lake moving was way more beautiful.

After my mom learned we had gotten married without inviting her, she flipped out and requested that I bring her to every place that had made that week so unique and so unforgettable.

We also walked around the old town. I must say, even if every place was still as beautiful and even a little bit more so since they were alive. It wasn't half as magical as it was when Will and I came here.

Yellowknife really is a magical place but the most magical thing is love. Everything is much more magical when you are surrounded by love.