Lost in the Woods

1/1

You stumble back from the walker quickly pulling your gun from your holster to fire but only to hear a single click. You were out of ammo. How the hell were you out of ammo, you thought? As you turn to run in other direction, three walkers came toward you. You were surrounded with no weapons. You always only carried that single gun for it was easier to get out of tight place but not today. There was no getting out of this mess. You knew better not to make loud noise because it could draw more walkers. You decide against that, if you scream, maybe someone out there would hear you. Just maybe.“Help!” you screamed at the top of your lungs just praying for someone to save you. You didn’t want to die this way; eaten alive by walkers. You didn’t want to be one of them. You closed your eyes fighting that tears that were threatening to fall. A swift sound of wind blew past your ear with a ray of gunshots.

“Are you just going to stand there?” A voice with southern drawl called out. You opened your eyes following the voice that called to you. There, just few feet in front of you, stood your hero in all his glory or so you say. He stood tall with crossbow hanging from his back and gun settles in his hand. Messy brown hair hanging in his strong dirty face; well most him was dirty anyway like his ripe off sleeve shirt and jeans that laid covered in dirty.

“No.” You mumbled.

“Lets go.” He said running with you tight on his tail. He led you through the thick forest to a giant prison. Wonder and excitement filled your mind. He was holding up in a prison. How save could that be? No walkers, big fence, and bigger gated you thought smiling. You look around to see a few walkers around the prison moving about but none were paying no attention to you. As you made it got the gate, the man that saved your left turn to you asking, “Do you have any weapons?”

“Only this gun but it completely out.” You said holding it up.

“Give it here.” He said taking it from you leading you inside the gate adding, “This is my group. We don’t take kindly to strangers but you don’t look much of a danger.” Your eyes scanned the prison before you to see few people before you ready to fight if they had too. You tried to smile and wave to lighten the mood which seems to help only a little as they all lowered their weapons.

“Who are you?”

“Daryl Dixon.”

“Thank you Daryl for saving my life. I am Y/N”