Dangerously Dead

Snowy Angel

Seraphine Du Mont was hiking in Aspen all alone. This would have been a great adventure; something that she’d wanted to do for a millennium. Yet she was weak, she underestimated the amount of human contact she need. The provision of food and water weren’t in short supply but she needed that extra boost.

“I didn’t realize this backpack was so fuckin’ heavy” she grumbled as she readjusted the straps that began to rub through her parka. As Seraphine made it to the top of the little crest she saw something burning a few miles away.

“What the…” she muttered as she squinted her eyes to get a better look. The burning figure looked like a man! “Holy shit.” she cried out as she raced to the man. Even though her strength and speed were significantly depleted, she made it there in a few seconds. The tall man was screaming in pain as he burned. Seraphine ripped her parka off and threw it over him, attempting to put the flames out.

“Bury me.” he grumbled through his burned lips.

“What?” she asked confused.

“Bury me! I’m a vampire.” he growled. Seraphine nodded and dug a whole in the snow and threw him in there. She quickly covered him up and stared at the mound of snow she just moved. That was when she realized she threw her parka in with the vampire and she might freeze to death. Seraphine didn’t have the energy to make it back, she went to pull out her little tent. Grateful that she brought the instant pop up tent, she crawled into the small enclosure and passed out.

Seraphine expected to wake up to the blinding white sun, but instead she was laying in a lush bed with black and grey satin sheets in the dark. She looked down at herself to find she was in a black nightie. She shrugged, “Hell I’ve woken up to worse.” At least she wasn’t cold either. Seraphine looked around the room. It was obviously someone’s bedroom, a man’s. One dresser with a simple mirror, a closet, and no windows. She was in a vampire den. Lovely. Seraphine walked over to the mirror to make sure she wasn’t bitten. Neck, check. Her black hair was wavy from being in those braids under her ski hat and her lips were a little sun burnt. There was a faint goggle line around her almond black eyes, but other wise she was unharmed. She could hear someone on the other side of the room, that was meant she wasn’t as weak. Seraphine watched as the door opened up, anxious to see who had saved or captured her.
In walked a tall, blond, and very handsome man. Seraphine could feel her hunger spike at the sight of a healthy male, but she held onto her composure. She stared at him waiting for him to say something, an act that he looked a little confused about. Both of them waited for the other to speak.

“Are you feeling better?” he asked to break the silence. Seraphine nodded.

“Good. I want to thank you for saving my life.” He continued.

“That was you?” Seraphine asked. She should have known that vampires didn’t always look like burnt marshmallows.

“Yes. I won’t forget your kindness.” he said.

“Why were you out in the day?” she asked.

“I was able to daywalk for some time and just was in the wrong place at the wrong time when it went away.” he explained, “ Yet you were there as well so I am most fortunate. What are you?”

“What do you mean?” she replied, hoping to play dumb. She hated when vampires asked her what she was. It was difficult enough that she didn’t fit in with the Fae.

“When I came out of the snow, I had to feed. I took some of your blood, it was delicious. And I’ve had a full Faery before. They tasted like dessert, humans taste like steak, but you… you taste like a delicacy I’ve only dreamed of.”

“I’m glad you enjoyed yourself. What made you stop? If I’m so delightful.” She asked, curious for herself now. Seraphine had never fed a vampire before. She’d never allowed it.

“You did.” he said, still in an enthusiastic tone, “Before I could drink anymore, your eyes lit up blue and you told me to stop. But you didn’t just say it. You made me stop, just like that. And told me to give you some of my blood to heal.” Seraphine nodded and turned away. She knew exactly what had happened and realized she couldn’t hide it from him.

“Well I influenced you to stop. It’s one of my powers.” Seraphine explained, “I’m a different type of Fae. There are Faeries, then there are the others. The outcasts.”

“You mean that there are different species of Faery?” the vampire
asked to make sure. Seraphine nodded and continued, “There are brownies, leprechauns, sprites, and other things that don’t get the recognition “Fairies” get. I’m a succubus. We’re not as common as the others because we’re, I’m, a pariah amongst the other Fae.” Seraphine went over to sit on the bed, her hunger for the vampire’s Qi was getting to much to handle standing up.

“So you seduce and kill men?”

“No, I don’t kill unless I need too. But I draw my energy from any human or creature by feeding off their sexual energy.”

“Oh, are you aroused by my presence?” he asked, with a cocky smile. Seraphine nodded regretfully.

“I haven’t fed since I left for the Alpes.” she replied, “and the energy you’re giving off now is incredibly strong. I usually like to feed of humans, but vampires last longer.” Seraphine said with a coy smile. With that, he walked over to her and gently spread her legs so he could lay on top of her.

“Well I hope this will repay you.” he said while kissing her neck gently. Then he pulled away, “I never go your name.”

“Seraphine Du Mont.” she said, her eyes glowing bright cobalt. His energy was already working.

“Eric Northman, very nice to meet you Seraphine.” he said going back to her neck and running his hands on her thigh.