Dangerously Dead

Old Friends

A few months later.....

The Admiral’s Cup was the best-known vampire bar in London. It was small, underground bar that had a very elite guest list. People queued for a mile to get into the club for its alleged celebrity sightings and most importantly…vampires.

Eric and Seraphine turned the corner where the line was just starting and passed it. Seraphine looked at the people waiting hopefully to get their chance. “You sure they’ll let us in here?” she asked Eric while walking up to the bouncer. Eric nodded without saying anything.

“Good evening Mr. Northman.” said the tall red head woman. Seraphine guessed she was a vampire since she was watching the door all by herself. Most men would just sneak passed her if she didn’t have a little muscle to stop them.

The two of them walked through the red velvet rope and into the club as the waiting guests shouted complaints. Seraphine’s eyes had to readjust to the dim lighting in the main room. There were tall bar tables with white candles in the center of the room. Private booths lined the walls and some corner spots had a black privacy curtain. Overall, it was a classy place with plenty of private hiding spots.

Eric guided Seraphine to a private booth in the back corner of the club. Everyone in the room seemed to make an effort not to look at either of them directly. Eric’s powerful aura mixed with Seraphine’s alluring sex appeal made them impossible to ignore. Seraphine felt intoxicated by the sexual tension in the room, the raw animal instinct the Freud described. Her abilities were super charged now that she was surrounded by human and vampire energy. As she glided passed the other patrons, her eyes flashed the bright blue.

“Are you alright?” Eric whispered in her ear, slightly concerned.

“Yeah, why do you ask?” she said looking up into his crystal blue eyes.

“Your heart is beating faster now.” he said.

“The energy here is more than I’ve ever felt before.” She said breathlessly.

“You’ve never been to a vampire club?” Eric asked surprised.

“Never. My mother told me to stay away from your kind.” Seraphine explained.

“Aren’t you closer to being a vampire than being a Fae?” Eric questioned while motioning for her to sit next to him. She shook her head “no”.

“Maybe, haven’t really thought about it much. I’m gonna get a drink. Do you want a True Blood?” Seraphine asked.

“No thank you. I’m quite full from earlier.” Eric said with a toothy grin. Seraphine spun on her black stiletto and made her way to the bar. As soon as Seraphine walked away from Eric, a tall handsome man blocked her way.

“Hello gorgeous. Can I buy you a drink?”

“Sure.” She smiled as she followed the man to the bar.

Eric’s eyes followed Seraphine as she lured the suitor to the bar. He was jealous, for the second time in his life. Sookie Stackhouse was the first human woman he felt anything for, now there was this succubus. Eric wasn’t sure if it was her powers that made him act this way or something else.

“Who’s the Asian slut?” a dry female voice asked. Eric shifted gaze to the petite blond woman dressed in a pink pant suit.

“Pam. You’re here.” Eric said slightly pleased, but annoyed at the same time.

“Eric, we need to get home. There is chaos and we need to protect Tara and Willa. Packs of infected vamps are destroying towns all over and Bill asked for all clean vampires to help out.” Pam explained. She looked around at the other people in the club as if they were parasites.

“I’m not leaving without Seraphine.”

“That woman? What is she to you?”

“She saved me in the Alpes while I was out in the sun.” Eric said. Pam leaned over with concern.

“Why did you leave?”

“Not now Pam.” Eric said as he saw Seraphine come back to the booth.

“Hello, I’m Seraphine.” she said to Pam.

“Hi.” she responded shortly.

“This is my progeny, Pam. She says we need to go home to Louisiana. I would like you to come with us.”

“Umm… I’ve only been there once, but I wouldn’t mind.” She said while sipping her vodka tonic.

“Perfect, we can see some old friends then.” Eric said.