Dangerously Dead

Sweet Home Fangtasia

“Welcome to my…home.” Eric said to her as they walked through the doors to Fangtasia. Seraphine looked around at the empty bar. It was like the Disneyland version of vampire entertainment. Red walls with black furniture, gothic type accents and a gold throne on a stage. Seraphine looked up at Eric with a curious glance.

“Is that a throne?” she asked while gesturing to it.

“Yes. That is mine.”

“A little full of yourself?” Seraphine muttered.

“Its really just a comfortable chair.” He replied. Seraphine couldn’t believe that the vampires had come out to the public, but wasn’t surprised at how fast the humans turned on them. It was a thing of human nature. Trust the unknown just enough to make them comfortable, then strike. It was a tactic she knew all too well.

When the True Blood factories were bombed, Seraphine fled the US. She knew her best bet was to avoid the war that was starting all together. It had worked out just fine. She was alone in rural parts of Europe and traveled all over in that short span of time. It wasn’t until she was in the Alps that she met a vampire.

Eric walked over to the side door by the bar and Seraphine followed. She was in Eric’s office. Even with his absence, he fit perfectly with the old True Blood poster on the walls and the big leather office chair. Pam followed behind her and looked at Eric then to Seraphine.

“So can we ditch the succubus and find Willa and Tara.” Pam shot. Eric glared at Pam.
“We can find Willa and Tara. Seraphine can come with us.” Eric replied.

“You know I’m standing right here.” Seraphine said, getting tired of Pam’s brusque tone.

“Yes you are.” Eric said in a low voice that suggested he was thinking very dirty thoughts.

“Oh god Eric. Keep it in your pants. Did that twat drug you?” Pam vented.

“No if you don’t stop it with the attitude, I will make you.” Seraphine said while edging closer to Pam. Pam’s fangs popped out defensively.

“Bitch don’t think you can take me.” She hissed. The succubus quickly reached out and brushed her fingertips just barely on Pam’s arm. Seraphine’s hypnotic powers worked instantly on the vampire.

“You will keep your mouth shut if you don’t have anything nice to say about me.” Seraphine instructed in a calm voice. Pam nodded, in the zombie like manner vampire glamour victims had.

“Did you just glamour my progeny?” Eric asked.

“Yes, but no.”

“Well stop it.” Eric said. Seraphine noticed that he wasn’t as charming anymore. His glare got icy and she knew he meant business. This was why she never hung around vampires. They switched their personalities like it were on a light switch.

“Its done.” she said. Pam blinked and returned her cold stare at Seraphine. However she kept whatever comment she had behind her fuchsia lips. Eric looked over at Pam expectantly, but nothing came from the sassy vampire.

“Maybe I should learn that trick” Eric said impressively.

“What trick?” Pam asked while turning to her maker.

“Nothing dearest.” he said while walking over and giving her a kiss on the forehead. Pam scowled, but looked pleased that Eric had shown her some affection.

“So to get to your… other progeny.” Seraphine started.

“I know Tara’s somewhere near Sookie’s and Willa… not far behind.” Pam told Eric.

“Why don’t we just summon them?” Eric said plainly. Pam nodded and they both closed their eyes. Seraphine stood there, waiting for something to happen. She looked around the office casually so she wasn’t caught staring at Eric’s handsome features. Then instantly two female vampires zoomed in.

“Pam. Where the hell were you?” the toned dark one asked. She was dressed in dark jeans, biker boots and a purple tank.

“Nice to see you too Tara.” Pam shot back, but with a slight smile.

“Willa. I see you are doing well.” Eric said to the pale brunette. Willa nodded and looked like she held back a tear. Eric walked over to her and gave her a kiss on the forehead. “I’m sorry to have left.” He said quietly.

“I missed you.” Willa spoke almost inaudible to the succubus. Then both baby vamps noticed Seraphine. Tara looked at her curiously while Willa just stared.

“Who is she?” Tara shot at Eric and Pam.

“This is Seraphine.” Eric said, then added. “She’s mine.” They all looked at Seraphine then to Eric.

“Woah. I’m not anyone’s here. I’m just here for…” Seraphine stopped herself before saying what she was really there for. Eric had asked her to come home with him to meet his somewhat family and she said yes. It wasn’t that crazy, but to say it out loud sounded quite silly. Plus she didn’t want to say she was here because Eric was the best sex she’d had in decades and she didn’t want to let him go.

“Well now I don’t have to worry about telling you that Sookie and Alcide are living together.” Tara said with a sarcastic sigh of relief. Eric looked over at Tara and Seraphine could have sworn she saw something flicker in his eye.

“Well she has a guard dog then.” Eric said as he inched next to Seraphine. “Now that we’re all here. What’s the situation with these infected vampires.”

“Well the Hep V virus has spread all over the US and in parts of Canada.” Willa said while taking a seat.

“They are running through small towns all over the state. Killing everyone.” Tara added.

“The problem is if you drink from a human who has been fed on by an infected vampire… you’re infected.” Willa said.

“I’ve seen what it does.” Eric said solemnly. Seraphine instinctually put her hand on Eric’s back as he said this. He twitched as her warm skin touched his, but didn’t pull away.

“Its been a few months now since we destroyed the plant. Why didn’t you come back as soon as you heard?” Willa asked Eric.

“I didn’t realize how bad it was.” He said. Seraphine knew that was only part of the truth. She and Eric spent more time that she thought cooped up in his apartment.

“Sam and Bill have an idea… pair healthy vampires up with healthy blood donors for protection from the packs.” Tara said.

“How will that work with the ever so enlightened citizens of Louisiana?” Eric asked, truly curious as to how this would work.

“We’re not sure yet. There will be a mixer at the old Merlotte’s. Its Bellfleurs now.” Tara responded. “And truthfully I’m fucking hungry. There isn’t much in the way of True Blood and now all humans might screw us over and infect us. Not all of us have a personal juice box.” Tara looked over at Seraphine with want before she snapped out of it.

“What time is it?” Eric asked.

“Eight.” Willa chimed. “Will you be going?”

“I don’t think I’ll need to” said Eric. Willa flared her nostrils and looked Seraphine up and down again. The succubus was getting uncomfortable with Eric’s girls getting jealous of her.

“Is there something you want to say?” Seraphine asked the baby vampire.

“No… its just..What are you?” Willa asked, smelling the air. Tara looked at her and sniffed it too.

“Hell she smells a little like Sook.” Tara exclaimed, “Where did you find another one?”

“I’m not a fairy.” Seraphine hissed.

“Well what the hell are you?” Tara shot.

“She’s a succubus.” Eric replied. “ Now get out. I have some things to discuss with her.” Pam, Tara, and Willa left obediently. Evidently Eric was the head of this family despite maker commands. As soon as the office door was shut, Eric turned to Seraphine and placed his hands on her neck.

“We can still go back to Sweden? Maybe Thailand.” He whispered.

“But you’re family needs you.” Seraphine said while putting her arms around him.

“They will survive.” Eric muttered while kissing her neck softly.

“I know they will, but they need you here.” Seraphine said despite her selfish nature. She let out a sigh as he moved his lips to meet hers. Then he picked her up and sat her on the desk. As they kissed, Seraphine felt the energy surge between their lips. She remembered a time when she couldn’t stop herself at this point. It would have been too great.

“I want to stay here. With you.” She said while pushing him away from her. Eric’s blue eyes cried out for more, but Seraphine took a deep breath in. She unhooked her legs from his waist and tied her hair up in a pony tail.

“We have all the time in the world for this later.” She assured him.

“I’m glad to hear you say that.” Eric replied with a smile. He stood up and fixed his shirt collar. “ I suppose we have a party to attend.”