Status: Do not judge my writing by this story. I'm just doing this for fun!

Real Zombie Shit

The Power of Music Will Save Me

12:02 PM - (Paradise Plaza)

Raven was huddled in the corner of the Entertainment Isle media store, making sure she wasn’t seen by the zombies. Not even five minutes into the game and she was already sweating and freaking out, but she had a right to be at this moment. She was surrounded by zombies with no weapons around to help her out of the store and she was alone. If there was one thing she hated, it was to be alone and it also doesn’t help that there were tons of undead corpses limping around.

“Okay, stay calm,” she whispered to herself. “J-just get out of here as fast as you can, get some kind of weapon, and find the others. That’s simple enough, right?”

She then heard moaning and looked up to see two zombies walking into the store toward her and she frantically looked around for anything that she could hit them with.

I’m gonna die. I’m gonna die.

The zombies were slow, but still coming. Raven turned to her right and noticed some CDs scattered on the floor. Since she had no other choice, she picked them up and threw them at the zombies, making them actually stumble back. That gave her the chance to run out the store.

“AHHHHHHHH!” Raven screamed while running and avoiding a few nearby zombies. She didn’t care where she was going as long as she found one of her friends to help her. A good thing about the virtual world was that she also didn’t get tired, so she could run without stopping. Her running came to a halt when she bumped into a figure.

“GET AWAY FROM ME!” she swatted her hands and hit the figure, her eyes closed shut because she was too terrified.

“Raven, it’s me!” a familiar voice said after grabbing her arm to stop her from hitting them.

She opened her eyes and looked up. “Brandon! Thank god, it’s only you.”

In his other hand, he was a holding a skateboard. Raven opened her mouth to question it.

“I found this to use as a weapon to hit the zombies with,” he explained.

“That explains the blood on it,” she said.

“Did you see anyone else?” Brandon asked. “Did you see Ciara?”

Raven shook her head. “Nope. I’m guessing you didn’t see anybody either by the looks of it.”

He gave a nod. “Well, we gotta get out of here, zombies are everywhere and standing here isn’t gonna do anything. Let’s go.”

Brandon took off with Raven following close behind. He swung the skateboard, killing the zombies that were blocking his path while ignoring all the blood that was splattering on the two of them. Raven wasn’t too thrilled about that, and it kinda made her sick, but it was better than being alone.

“Where are we going?” she said as Brandon hit zombie after zombie.

“I don’t know,” Brandon replied after swinging a few times. “But if we keep moving, we’ll be able to find the others.”

Suddenly, he stopped and Raven looked out from behind him to see what the holdup was. They were looking at a crowd of zombies, but the zombies didn’t seem to notice them and were focused on something else.

They heard laughter. “YOU JUST GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT!!”

Several zombies were knocked down and someone appeared out of the crowd. They had a big smile on their face and were wielding a water gun while they hit zombies with it and kicked them down.

“M’RELL!?”

At the call of his name, he spun around and noticed them. “Hi, guys! Isn’t this fun?”

“Yeah, this is awesome,” Brandon agreed and proceeded to attack. “Eat my skateboard, zombies!”

Raven wiped off the blood that splattered on her and frowned at the boys. “Fun? This is scary and gross! There’s zombies everywhere and I’m covered in blood!”

“Blood and guts is what makes it fun,” M’rell sprayed some zombies to mess with them and then struck one down with a roundhouse kick.

“But if we’re gonna survive this, we gotta think strategy.”

“I'm all about strategy," Brandon stated proudly. "As long as we stay together in a group and keep going until we find safety, this won't be so hard."

“What’s your strategy?” Raven raised an eyebrow.

“Umm,” Brandon’s eyes wandered around the area and he noticed an entrance to the park. “There! We could head outside in the park since that’s probably a bigger area with less zombies and it’s a quicker way to get across the mall. The quicker we go, the more likely we’ll find a safe place.”

While he talked, M’rell noticed an item in between a few bodies and bent down to see what it was. He picked it up and was satisfied to realize that he had found a bowie knife. Knives were his specialty, after all. Now that he got a hold of one, the zombies will definitely have their asses handed to them.

“Alright,” M’rell wiped off the blood on the knife with his shirt. “We’re going through the park. But if we end up getting eaten, I’m blaming you.”

Brandon ran ahead out the door to the park with M’rell grabbing Raven’s hand and following him. Once out the door, they were glad to know that Brandon’s theory was right. The park was huge and zombies were spread out, leaving plenty of space for them to move.

“Good start so far,” Brandon said. “It won’t be so hard to cut across this area. It’s a little big, but better than being suffocated by dead people.”

“There’s cars in this game, too,” M’rell informed them. “That’s just what we need. I’ll drive-”

“Oh, no you don’t,” Raven grabbed the collar of his shirt so he couldn’t move any further. “Out of the three of us, I’m the only one that can really drive. So, I’m driving if we ever get a car.”

They made their way through the park when a cop zombie growled and tried to attack them. Raven yelped a little, but M’rell stabbed the knife into its skull and obtained the handgun that it contained on its uniform. Once he got the gun, he pulled the knife out of the zombie’s head and wiped off the blood again.

He looked at his two new weapons. In one hand was the bowie knife he got back inside at the Paradise Plaza and in the other hand was the handgun he had just taken from the zombie cop seconds ago. This would do good for a while until he found something better.

“Fine,” M’rell shrugged. “You can drive, but leave most of the shooting to me. There’s nothing I can’t take.”

However, they didn’t know that the park would turn out to be much more dangerous than they thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
So our first group seems to be doing good so far! But what's in store for them at the park?

I hope this story at least gets some readers. And I promise the chapters will be longer as the story progresses. (: