Status: Do not judge my writing by this story. I'm just doing this for fun!

Real Zombie Shit

How Come I'm Always The One To Get Hit?

12:14 PM - (Wonderland Plaza)

“Batter up!”

Aliya made her way through the dozens of zombies by smashing each one with the bat she got from the sports store she was transported to. She had to admit, it really was fun to actually hit them and watch all of them go down.

While she fought her way through them, she tried to think of all the things she remembered from this game. Some places actually had guns and better weapons than her bat. It was only a matter of time until this bat wasn’t able to hold the zombies off any longer.

She stopped to stare at her weapon in amusement. “For a girl who doesn’t like sports, I think I got a pretty good knack for swinging.”

BAM! Another one fell victim to the bat and it almost flew over the railings. “I’d say that was a homerun.”

More zombies came and she groaned, remembering that the amount of zombies in this game got annoying after a bit. But she could survive and she was going to give these zombies a beating, no matter what.

She ran to a nearby roller coaster that was inside the mall. It was a wonder on how big this mall really was to actually fit a ride inside of it. Aliya went up the steps to the ride and jumped over the tracks to the other side and braced herself against the incoming zombies.

As a zombie came forward, she swung the bat to its stomach to make it fall to the ground. She took another swing and crushed its face. Another came behind her, but she spun around and hit it before it could grab her. Then a hand touched her shoulder and she immediately swung and the target fell on their back. Unfortunately, that last target wasn’t undead.

“Um, hey, Jack,” she lowered her bat.

“We’re supposed to kill zombies, remember!?” Jack looked up at her and frowned.

“Sorry,” Aliya helped him up and let out a sigh of relief. “I’m glad to at least see a familiar face.”

“Same here, “ Jack picked up the crowbar that he had dropped. “Nice weapon you got there. Good thing I couldn’t feel that hit you gave me.”

“Hey, bats are fun,” Aliya smirked. “Crowbars work good, too. But we should get more weapons, like guns and maybe knives.”

Jack hit a zombie that was lurking closer to them, pretty much impaling the zombie’s head with the crowbar. “Good point. It’d be easier and we could defend ourselves better. Do you know where we can find guns?”

“I’m currently trying to think about it,” Aliya replied, swinging the bat again as they both moved through a small horde.

Wait a minute, is this the Wonderland Plaza?

“You don’t know a place?” Jack faced his back against hers and they continued to move back-to-back. “I thought you’ve played this game before.”

“Not as much as my brother,” she responded. “It’s hard to remember where all the places are and if you haven’t noticed, this is a pretty big mall.”

I remember this part of the mall, though…

“Okay, then,” Jack sighed. “So far, we don’t really have a plan.”

“Yep, pretty much,” Aliya said bluntly and looked around.

Aha! That’s the bookstore I remember. This is the Wonderland Plaza.

In the midst of their zombie kills, Jack looked over the railing and saw a figure holding a chair and pushing back zombies with it on the first floor in front of Small Fry Duds.

Jack pointed to the figure. “Who is that?”

Aliya looked in the direction he pointed and squinted her eyes. Her vision wasn’t the best, but she was able to distinguish the person. “I...I think that’s Ray!”

“Ray?” Jack then focused on the stairs nearby. It was crowded with a bunch of zombies, but that was the stairs closest to Ray, who was right near the bottom of the staircase. It looked like Ray was in trouble and they had to take the quickest way in order to reach him.

They both made their way toward the staircase when Aliya called out to him. “Ray!”

“Huh?” Ray looked up to see two of his friends on the second floor. “Oh, guys, am I glad to see you! I need your help! I don’t know if I can keep them away anymore!”

He hit a few zombies at the front of the crowd to give himself more room, but all the zombies in the area were moving closer and closer. “Hurry!”

“We’re coming, Ray!” Jack started to run down the stairs with Aliya by his side. With each step, they covered both sides. Aliya was hitting zombies on the left while Jack was taking care of the zombies on the right. Soon enough, they reached the bottom of the stairs, finally getting to the circle of zombies that tried to get to Ray.

“Watch out!” Jack raised his crowbar and brought it down to beat a zombie that almost got Aliya. She dodged to her left to avoid the hit and quickly swung her bat through the legs of the zombies to make them fall. The zombies were so rotted, their legs came right off after contacting with the bat and they were then immobile enough to let Jack bring in the killing blows to their heads to make sure they stayed dead. With less zombies surrounding him, Ray helped them out by beating the undead with his chair, causing more blood to splatter. Eventually, they managed to take out the remaining zombies and were covered in blood, but remained unharmed.

“Thanks, guys,” Ray put the chair aside and leaned against the glass window, sliding down to sit on the floor. “I didn’t think I was gonna make it.”

“Don’t mention it,” Aliya patted his shoulder and smiled a bit. “Also, I know where we can find weapons.”

Jack sat down next to Ray. “Okay, where at?”

“I remember this place,” Aliya began. “We're in the Wonderland Plaza and connected to it is the North Plaza where there’s a hardware store and other places that are really helpful.”

“Do you know what direction it’s in?” Ray got up as she described the other area.

Aliya’s eyes wandered around the area until she saw another familiar store. “This way, past Homerunners. Come on, let’s get out of here!”

They ran past Homerunners, picked up a bat for Ray to use, and then continued on their way to the North Plaza.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another group is making progress. Will they get to the weapons before the zombies get to them?

Got a little more readers. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!