Status: Kind words are always appreciated.

Second Chances

Convincing

“Please, please, please,” Scarlet begged, jumping and holding hands like a twelve year old, her grey-green eyes widening with each jump.
Grace rolled her eyes, a smile gracing her soft features. This was so Scarlet, she thought.

“Come on, Grey-Grey. You’re being so stubborn…like a child,” she pouted.

Grace chuckled at her nickname. Grey-Grey came at trying to convince her nicely. “And you’re acting like one,” she cocked her eyebrow at her as she opened the cookie jar and chucked one in her mouth.

“Cookies?” Scarlet raised her perfectly arched eyebrow, “for dinner?” she asked incredulously.

“Yes, Scar. Cookies…for dinner. I’m really tired and don’t want to do anything, especially not cooking.”

Scarlet picked a cookie and jumped on the table, her legs dangling as she took a bite, “I thought you liked cooking?” her brows knitted together in confusion.

“I do,” Grace replied, matter of factly. Scarlet raised her brows at her and Grace sighed loudly, “I love cooking, Scar. I wouldn’t though, if I make it a job. I do it for fun not as a…duty and I’m fine with cookies,” she flicked her hand, dismissing the matter.

“Speaking of job,” Scarlet started, chunking another piece of cookie in her mouth, “How’s Ruby coming along?” she asked in disgust. Nobody was fond of that woman.

“She is same as always,” Grace shrugged.

“You mean a bitch?” Scarlet pointed at her waiting for Grace to acknowledge it…verbally.

“Hmm. That,” Grace answered indifferently.

Scarlet jumped from the table, wiping her hands on her skirt, “Come on. Say it, Grace,” she persisted, her eyes gleaming.

“Say what?” Grace lifted her shoulder, feigning an innocent expression.

Scarlet rolled her eyes, “Oh, you’re such a baby,” she pouted and batted her lashes, “You don’t even know what I’m talking about,” she paused and looked at Grace, “Seriously though. You know, you’ll feel better if you just cuss her. God knows she’s a bitch and hence, deserves to be called one,” she shrugged.

Scarlet sighed loudly when she saw Grace shaking her head, “You’re so boring. Sometimes, I seriously wonder, how we’re friends,” she threw her hands in exasperation.

Grace smiled and turned to face her, “Because I’m the only one who can put up with your shit.”

Scarlet gasped, her eyes wide and Grace roamed her eyes around the room, her heart kicking up a notch. What was it? She thought panicked. Had he found her? What was she going to do?

Seeing nothing out of palace, Grace slowly looked back at Scarlet with questioning eyes. “You said, ‘shit’,” Scarlet pointed at her and Grace frowned.

Really, the girl couldn’t change and nobody could do that but then again, that’s what Grace liked about her only friend. She wouldn’t change for anything…or anyone. Nobody could push her and she would always be a silly but lively, happy go lucky girl. Sometimes, Grace wished she were like Scarlet, easy and carefree but…that was all. They were just petty wishes, nothing more.

“So, you’re coming?” Scarlet snapped at her thoughts, bringing Grace back to Earth.

“Where?” Grace asked absently.

“To hell, Grace. Come on, I’ve been beating my ass out here for past two hours.”

“I can’t. I’m busy, Scar,” she said, closing her eyes. Public events were not good. What if they caught her face on camera? She couldn’t afford that.

“It’s always that deal with you, Gracie,” Scarlet said, hardness creeping into her voice.

Uh oh. Gracie was not good. It meant she was serious and expected the same from Grace. “I worked really hard. I know, it was only a damn internship but man, they don’t hand out the premiere tickets to everyone like that but they gave it to me. My name was there and a plus one and since,” she paused, “Since, I don’t have a pretty, hot little boyfriend, wrapped around my finger. I’m asking my bestie to be there for me…with me,” she let out a breath.

Scarlet smiled inwardly. This kind of speech always worked on Grace and wow, she could really talk. All those months, the crew of the movie, they weren’t kidding her. They used to get so tired of her talking and had to offer hot cocoa for her to shut up which was half the reason she talked too much. What was better than a hot cocoa and for free?

Grace sat on the couch, thinking hard. One night out wouldn’t hurt her but it was a movie premiere. There would be media, cameras, and paparazzi. What if they caught her face and what if…She pushed those thoughts away. She didn’t need her brain to go there. She had a low profile here and it was all good. It was the reason she was putting up with that bitch Ruby.

“There will be a lot of eye candy out there,” Scarlet sighed, dreamily, “Nate being one of that,” she paused, thinking hard. “Actually, he would be at the top of the list. Man, the guy’s so hot. I practically swooned whenever I saw him but he was kind of reserved. I’ve heard, he’s mostly charming. Maybe, it was his break up.”

“Ok,” Grace smiled as she stood up.

“Ok. As in you’re coming. As in you’re attending the show with me?” Scarlet asked as she started to bounce again.

Grace laughed, “Yes, that’s what I’m saying. I’ll come. I could use some good time,” she said more to herself than Scarlet, squaring her shoulders, convincing herself that her decision was good. It’ll be fine, she thought.

“Damn right, you do,” Scarlet smiled as she playfully punched Grace’s shoulder. “Maybe, we’ll find you a guy and…”

Uh-uh,” Grace raised her finger, “No setting me up with anyone. I don’t want that or else, I’ll just stay home,” she stared at Scarlet.

“As you wish,” Scarlet replied, already thinking of her plans to make sure that Grace would have a fun time and well, how was a good time guaranteed without a hot guy. She smiled to herself.

“What about Allison?” Grace interrupted her thoughts and Scarlet spun around wildly.

“No. No, Allison,” she raised her finger up in a warning, terrified and threatening at the same time. Grace rolled her eyes at their silly animosity. They had many issues with each other though, they weren’t really issues. They just loved to pull each other’s hair and she always enjoyed watching them both play their crazy games.

“Fine, I’ll handle it,” Grace replied as she thought about her commitment, the worst possibilities entering her mind but she tried to push them away again though they knew how to make their way into her mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please, please comment/subscribe/recommend.
Thank you so much for reading. I hope the story's good enough.
Love you guys. <3