Status: Please Bear With Us... We both have jobs to work too!

Causing Havoc; As Time Moves On...

There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you.

I Kicked back against the alleyway wall. Memories of the past constantly flowing through my mind.
“gee, you in there?”
I shook my head from the thoughts and glanced up to the younger man in front of me, “I’m gonna’ run in, keep an eye yeah?” I nodded and half smile, with that he ran off, slipping quietly into the back door of the heavily armed bank.
I had funds, I could waltz my way into the Ritz and come out with the best pent house going, but I couldn’t reach any of them now. The Day I killed one of the Highers pets, the day I sacrificed everything to provoke a reaction, see where the weakness was; was the day they cut me off. They had people in all the right places, they had me in a dangerous game of cat and mouse, yet the mouse was coming through. In the beginning I’d wake up to my car burnt out, no matter how many I stole, the same outcome. They could have found me and fought me then, but they kept me going. They froze my accounts, They Had my face posted across countless databases, the same databases I’ve now been wiping myself off of. I couldn’t openly go back to anyone I knew, without them being massacred, although the winds were changing. Word has it that there’s inside corruption and betrayal within the Highers, their grip on me slipping as their focus turned to themselves.
I often think about the Plague, Despair and V, wondering if they made it out, no doubt Despair would have had something to say to assassins turning up on his door step, and I’m sure I would’ve heard if Plague had been crossed, what with her lack of self-control when it comes to mass killings.
I chuckled softly to myself, BANG, suddenly the door slammed open and out he ran, two suitcases in his hands, he flung one at me as we started sprinting off down the road Laughing wildly, We rounded a corner before jumping into a Bentley that yours truly thieved earlier that day, I slammed the car into first and sped out of the small town.
“You should’ve seen their faces –“he spluttered “pure gold!”
I laughed softly to myself, my previous thoughts still weighing heavily on my mind.
I pulled into a dingy looking hotel a few towns out, I grabbed a few notes from one of the cases before making my way to the front desk,
“I’ll have a twin room” I spoke gruffly throwing the notes onto the desk, the girl behind the counter just stared at me, I coughed a little, She muttered to herself before taking the money and handing me a key, she didn’t even blink, I raised an eyebrow as I slowly walked over to Josh, “We’re in the same room tonight, I don’t like the feel of this place.” He nodded and we headed up the stairs to the top floor, Josh started to get fidgety “Whats wrong” I asked
“Top floor, no escape” he whispered, I smiled, he was so young and knew so little,
“We’ll just jump”
“from ten floors!?” he exclaimed, Chuckling I patted his shoulder
“from ten floors” I confirmed, his face paling.
I unlocked the door to the room, taking the lack of budget in all its beauty, peeling paint, damp mould and the lovely musty smell that clings to the carpet, home.
Josh immediately got into the bed, he turned to face me as I slumped down into the dusty arm chair, slipping off my jacket,
“If they capture us what’ll happen” he asked innocently
“they won’t” I snapped my eyes turning a darker shade “They haven’t yet and they never will” a smirk forming on my face,
“But what if-“
“they’ll never lay a hand on you, now get some rest, I plan to leave this godforsaken place by sun rise” His head hit the pillow and he was out like a light, I envied him.
I’d found Josh after 12 years of myself running alone. He was turned immortal by a greedy man wanting slaves to do his bidding, however it hadn’t worked out as planned, no mindless drones, but stronger and more powerful people than he had imagined. He was homeless when I had come across him, how could I of said no? I’ve been training him for 38 years now, he knew the risks of being near me and he accepted them for friendship, and a life.

A loud bang broke me from thought, frantic screams were heard from outside, I ran to the window and peered out onto the darkened car park, mortals were running, and fast. Away from the hotel.
I quickly grabbed my jacket and started shaking Josh, I placed my hand over his mouth so he wouldn’t make a noise, His eyes widened with panic, I signalled for him to be quiet and I slowly stepped back and started putting my jacket on.
We started hearing footsteps on the floor below,
“To the top!” someone shouted, Just one day. Just one day in my life where im not running away or fighting for my life, one day is all I ask.
Josh looked the window terrified, I pushed him towards it,
“Jump, bend your knees on impact, when you hit the ground, run, run as fast as you can and ill catch up” he shook his head,
“Not out there!”
“its either jump out there or fight in here!” I hissed
“then I’ll fight!”
“oh no you wont! You can barely hold a switch blade let alone fight trained assassins, now out!”
Before he could move the door smashed into the room, bits of wood flying towards us,
I turned to the door, my eyes growing dark.
Three men entered the room, all in black, how very original.
Before I could blink the first one in had his hand round my throat,
“We’re here for your debt” he grinned,
“You can send your boss a message for me, IF you get out alive” I spat,
“and whats that then” he laughed. I slammed the palm of my hand into his eye socket, he stumbled back dazed, I lept forward and swiftly kicked him to the upper chest, hearing the bones make a sickening crack, I span him around and got behind him before pushing him up against a window pain.
“Don’t come looking for me again” I sneered before driving my foot into his back, the force slamming him through the glass and out the window.
I turned to see Josh being held by two men, one held a gun pointed in my direction,
“Its simple, we’re gonna take your young friend here, and you’re gonna stay there or we’ll shoot you.” Josh looked at me with sad eyes
“You said” he whispered, the man holding him dragged him out, half way down the corridor he started kicking and screaming for me to help him.
“Made a promise you can’t keep again?” the immortal holding the gun spoke
“how many of you are there” I spoke in a monotone voice
“more than you can handle” he chuckled
“What’s stopping me from ripping you apart right now?” I asked keeping dead eye contact
“If I don’t arrive down there in five minutes, the whole council will come down on you like a ton of bricks”
“the councils involved?”
“there is a bounty on your head now, so you’re lucky we’re keeping you alive”
I glared at him a grey film falling over my vision, I Leapt towards the gun, A deafening gunshot tore through the room and my stomach, I gripped the gun and threw it out of his hands, He Delivered a hard blow to my face, I snapped myself back and picked up the taller man, throwing him against the wall,
“You do not get to me through the ones I love!” I roared before a blade materialised in my hand, I looked the scared man in the eyes before plunging it into his lung, I dragged it through to the other lung and up to his heart, He started choking
“They’re coming for you” he whispered
“Let them” i smiled before pulling the blade back out of his chest, his breathing ragged and shaky.
I stalked over to the window, he was right, they had this place surrounded, well over a hundred men stood around outside waiting, I saw two men drag Josh out of the hotel doors a bag on his head. I had promised him safety, but by the time I fought my way through them all they would’ve killed him.
I placed my hands on the broken window frame, I pulled myself up and knelt watching the scene unfold.
They stopped walking and started to speak to someone in a suit. It was now or never. My breathing became heavy; I gripped the dagger in my right hand and leapt.
The wind pushed through my clothes as I started free falling, I brought myself into position as the ground came up to meet me, I slammed my feet into Josh’s back plunging the dagger into his back and straight into his heart. I ripped it out and touched his shoulder, letting him know I was there
“I’m sorry” I whispered. Someone grabbed my arm but I twisted my way out, I hit the ground running and didn’t look back.

It was sunrise before I slowed down outside the familiar town, My eyes returning to a normal colour, the adrenaline wearing off my weary body, I felt down my stomach to feel the rather large wound, I had found someone to patch my wounds after two years of running, an old friend, he had a small shop in the local shopping centre, he tailors suits for business men and immortals alike a small but successful business.
I staggered through the goods door at the back, once inside I rang the bell to get his attention, I could hardly walk out front covered in blood. I went to lean on a table covered in sewing materials, My arm to caved in, to weak to hold myself up, before I hit the ground an arm wrapped itself around my body.
“What have you done to yourself this time!?” Mario muttered to himself, He led me to a big oak table; he threw his arm across the table making all his designs fly into the air, after helping me onto the table he started franticly running around fetching supplies.
My mind traced back to Plague and Despair, if they were here Despair would be cracking some joke about how he’s more superior and telling me to train more, Plague would be lecturing me about not getting myself into trouble whilst worrying yet not showing it, I missed these guys, I drew a shaky breath, After killing Josh I had no one again, a solitary tear slid down my dirt covered cheek, he was too young, to innocent, and now he was gone.
“Drink this” He spoke tilting my head forward and bringing a small vile of blue liquid to my lips, as soon as it hit the back of my throat I was out.

I slowly awoke easing myself up,
“Don’t push yourself too far or you’ll pull out the stitches, they should be ready to take out my morning that was one hell of a gunshot wound, bullet laced with poison too.” He walked over to me and helped me off of the make shift bed,
“Dare I ask?” he raised an eyebrow
“Same old” I chuckled, wincing slightly with the pain
“ah, that’ll be the poison, I suggest drinking lots of this” He handed me a glass of green sludge “And sitting out in the shopping centre, you’re less likely to get attacked in broad daylight, at least until you’ve healed” I sighed, knowing he was right. I sipped the drink he gave me and started looking for my shirt, “Your not really wanting to wear it are you? It has bloody great bullet holes in it”
“Its my favourite” I smirked
“Its tatty and old”
“Much like its maker then” I laughed, he’d made me the shirt of 100 years ago
He handed me a loose fitting black button up suit shirt, I looked at him and rolled my eyes
“Trust me on this one” he laughed and left to go out the front as he had customers.
I slipped on the shirt and left through the front of the store,
“thanks a lot Mario” I smiled patting him on the back
“Any time, but we must meet in better circumstance next time!” I saluted him jokingly and waltzed out the front of the shop, the mall itself was packed, unnerving but safe. I slumped down onto one of the stone benches. It’d been one hell of a night. I took off my necklace and ran my thumb over the silver, Plague had brought it for my birthday many years ago, our initials engraved into its smooth surface. I just wish I could see them again.
♠ ♠ ♠
First Chapter back and i couldnt stop writing! Apologies! :P