Status: Please Bear With Us... We both have jobs to work too!

Causing Havoc; As Time Moves On...

The Past Returns.

We stepped through to Mario’s “workroom”, which was more than just your ordinary office. Mario had a door out the back of his office which most people would think was his washroom or the back door to the shop, but to people in the know, people like us, there was something entirely different. Once you stepped out of his office you walked through to a room that was bigger than his shop front, and a room off of that which held a small bed and a washroom, for when strays like us need a place to run to. We took a seat at the big table in the centre of the room and I began to look around.
“Man, this place hasn’t changed in, well, forever.” I noted, not really talking to anyone.
“Yeah well you know Mario. ‘Why change what works?’ Guardian imitated him so well that a mortal would have thought it was perfect, but to someone who’s been around as long as we have, we can tell.
“You nearly have me to a T!” Mario’s been around a lot longer than we have and his hearing is still immaculate. “Nice to see you again little miss.”
“Same to you old man!” I joked back. Mario was one of the first people I knew as an immortal, excluding Guardian. “So, either of you want to tell me what’s been going on here?” I looked at them, they were exchanging an odd look at one another. It was Mario who spoke first.
“G, you take ice with your JD right? And Plague you want one?” It was still early morning but by their expressions and the fact I’m even being offered alcohol this early means this is gonna be one hell of a story. Guardian just nodded. I looked up.
“I take my drinks slightly different these days.” I spoke my words quietly, feeling the pull of my words. I wasn’t something I was proud of but leaving Guardian left me in a hard spot. I hadn’t been alone, properly alone, as an immortal, I wasn’t sure how to control myself as well on my own.

***

When Guardian found me I was fresh, only months old, forever frozen at 18. I’d lost my parents and had been turned immortal by the freak who killed them. I would often find myself on the run from the police, sleeping in one of their drunk tank cells or in an alley with some homeless men who always wanted to touch me. That was what got them torn up, that was when G found me. Sat on the cusp of an alleyway sheltered by shadow, no one could see my face, so covered in both dried and fresh, dripping blood, My clothes had been torn and id been scratched, but it was nothing compared to the torture I felt every day. My mind was being over taken by something new, something angry and powerful, something dangerous. My stomach always calling out for something new to eat, something new to drink, I knew what it called for, but I was still in touch with my humanity so I try to ignore it, but that only made my mind angrier. When it got to be too angry, I would feed, feed on the flesh of my victims and drink whatever blood was passing through their heart as I pulled it from their still warm body. Once I was in Guardian’s he changed me, helped me to deal with everything and stopped me from being that evil monster they tried to create.
I was supposed to be a weapon, a weapon to end the war between the Higher’s and us ‘rebels’. I was supposed to have festered by myself for at least a year before they were going to come back and collect me from the ‘wild’, then they would have given me training and id have been taught how to use my powers before being sent out to stand at my ‘fathers’ side and kill anyone who tried to disagree with him. When they heard one of the ‘rebels’ got me they started of scared before realizing that I wasn’t their housebroken stray weapon. That’s when they tried to fight back, despite having rebel training I was still too strong for their trained guards. I was new and I was bread to be a weapon of great power. We won the war and now the Higher’s are just a small band of dicks that control most of the immortal world.

***

Guardian made a face at me. “Again Plague, really? Do you know how long it took us to get you off that stuff before?” The anger in his face was unmasked, he wasn’t even trying to compose himself. I sighed.
“It’s been a long time, and I’m better now, I don’t let it get the better of me. I’m in control.” I looked towards Mario as if for back up, but I knew he wouldn’t be on my side for this. He sighed and sat down, placing Guardian’s drink on the table and taking a sip from his own.
“Plague, you know that although that increases your power, it means you’re closer to what they want you to be? You’ve been trained well, you’ve got a damn lot of experience under your belt now and they know you and Guardian haven’t been fighting side by side for a long time. That’s your weakness here.” Mario was calm. I knew he was right but the addiction was strong now, I had scheduled when I would feed so that I knew I could stay in control. Getting them to see this from my side was a battle I wasn’t going to fight, I knew I’d lose.
“Fine! I guess I’ll try and wean myself off while I’m here.” I sighed and saw Guardian go from angry, through shock and settle at wary. He had every right not to trust me. But I guess I’d have to prove myself. “I’ll need to be supervised, which begs the question… where am I staying?” I tried to lighten the mood.
“You’ll stay with me. It’s not much but it’ll do.” Guardian spoke, I knew he’d take me in. “Anyway, down to business.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to appologise for the long wait for this. We have both been very busy.
but here, just a little filler chapter to keep you guys excited :)