Status: Please Bear With Us... We both have jobs to work too!

Causing Havoc; As Time Moves On...

Hold On

I woke up to something kicking me hard in the leg,
“what?” I groaned into the door.
“Im hungry.” I shook my head to help wake me up, and glanced up to a pissed off looking plague. I stood up using the door and unlocked it before walking through into the empty living room
“so what do we have in the way of food” she asked falling onto the sofa.
I shrugged, I hadn’t been eating properly for years, there was no time between running and fighting for my life.
“You’re telling me, you brought me to a dusty house, with no food.” She glared at me,
“I put a roof over your head and a bed!” I chucked her the card Mario gave to me “Knock yourself out” She jumped up grinning “I’m sure I can trust you outside for 10 minutes” I spoke dropping onto the sofa.
She practically ran out the room.
I stalked over to the large floor to ceiling window, I leaned into it staring out across the city; So much had changed in the last night, it was hard to keep up. The city bustled to life as people started going to work, going about their normal lives, unaware or all the blood shed behind the scenes, unaware of the constant battle being fought between good and evil, the fight to just maintain the mortals existence. For as long as I could remember, we’d been fighting for our lives, there was never a time we could just kick back, apart from the once, which is how I got into this mess in the first place, you either die and become a hero, immortalised forever, or live long enough to see yourself become a villain.
My phone started ringing, bringing me out of my chance, I put it to my ear.
“Hello?”
“Guardian” His voice sent chills down my spine, “I heard you were back in town”
“Vincent” I replied coolly, I hadn’t seen or heard of this man in a very long time, and I wasn’t about to get myself reacquainted.
“You’ve made quite an impact, or so ive heard”
“Why are you calling me”
“Can’t Old friends catch up?”
“Last time I saw you, you murdered an entire town to find me, you betrayed your second in command, and told me that you’d kill me on sight” I spoke lowly. There was a long pause.
“I see.”
“So forgive me if im hesitant to ‘catch up’”
“Your forgiven” he coughed and the spoke in a lighter tone “I didn’t know Plague was back to her usual ways? She must be with you I take it”
“What do you mean”
“Well im stood not even 50 yards from her as she’s attacking some poor mortal” His sadness was fake, he suddenly laughed, “Im right then”
“Leave her alone” I growled down the phone,
“Oh no this is much more fun” the phone shut off. I glared at the device in my hands before throwing it at a wall.
I Ripped open the Front door and sprinted down the stairs, I burst through the lobby to find Vincent stood his arms open wide.
“There he is.” He spoke to no one in particular. I glanced to the receptionist, she was bound and gagged to her chair, her eyes screaming at me for help.
“what do you want from me” I snarled
“you’re a wanted man”
“So I’ve heard” He started striding confindently towards me, taking my face in his hand,
“I’d start talking to me with a lot more respect” he spat, tilting my head to the side, my eyes hardened,
“What have you done to her” I slammed into the wall behind me, making a considerable dent, the plaster coating my jacket. “The powers gone to your head old man” I whispered, as his hand clutched my throat. His eyes started glowing, before dimming as he crumpled to the floor. I looked up to see Plague, the wind whipped round her as she incapacitated him. I took in her clothing, noticing the small patch of red by her collar.
“Gaurds im sor-“ her eyes going wide with realisation.
“No time” I shouted, jumping forward and sprinting out the tower block dragging her with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
A small one just to kick start it :)