Emotionless? If Only...

Chapter 6: The Journey Begins

Recap:

"Okay," I spoke up barely above a whisper and yet I felt everyone's eyes on me, "I'll do it."

"Do what?" Aria gave me a curious glance, but I also saw a mixture of hope. She was hoping that I would become the way I was before the incident.

"I'll go to the Village of the Dense Forest and put this Clan out of harms way."

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Everyone stared at me in complete shock. As if I grew two heads, which I probably did. Damn why did I have to say that? Idiot!

Aria was the only one that did won't look at me in shock, instead her eyes filled with happiness. I could tell that she was over joyed of me doing something for once, to go back into the field. While I on the other hand is scared shit-less. I mean technically I won't have to fight, only delegate for the Clan, but knowing my luck I will anyways.

"Fine then," it was Jiraiya standing up and slinging his bag over his shoulders, "Naruto look's like we have company during the remainder of our trip."

"Whoa," I stood as well looking at him in the eyes," Whoa, who said anything about traveling together?"

"Um I did, just now."

"I'm not going with you guys." I crossed my arms. "That's final."

"Yes," he crossed his arms as well (this shit just got serious), "yes, you are."

"Jiraiya-sensei, have you forgotten what happened the last time I went on a team mission?" I could feel my hatred running through my veins and judging by the shock in his face I knew I struck a nerve.

Jiraiya look away, not wanting to meet my cold unforgiving eyes. I mean can you blame him, I'm like a bat out from hell. Serves him right too, knowing my past and yet he has the nerve to proclaim such a thing. Bastard.

(Aria POV)

I could feel my Master tense from this conversation. I know what she has been through during her hard childhood, but I desperately need her to return to the Village of the Dense Forest. They need her more than she knows it and this mission will work perfectly for her not to suspect a thing.

'I'm sorry Artemis for misleading you, please forgive me.'

(Naruto POV) (omg so many POV switches XD)

"Jiraiya-sensei, have you forgotten what happened the last time I went on a team mission?" Artemis' voice was filled with hatred. I'm a total idiot at times but even I could tell she was really trying to hold back the tears trying to keep up the macho facade. 'Wow, she actually does have emotions'

The room filled with silence, Star stared at Artemis with sad eyes. The Elder just looked defeated, and Jiraiya continued staring at the floor startled by Artemis' reply.

"Master Artemis," Aria broke the silence. Well that's the first time Aria says 'Master', "I know your gonna hate hearing this, but Master Jiraiya is right. We must go to the Village of the Dense Forest together."

Artemis looked at Aria as if the tiger was clawing at her face. She opened her mouth, about to argue but I beat her too it.

"The longer we stay here talking about this the more lives are taken away!" I stood back to my feet, my eyes on her. But its true though, we're wasting time discussing this crap when we could help stop the war and save lives! And if she couldn't see that then I'll just have to take matters into my own hands.

"Naruto..." Star gave me a warning for me not to aggravate her best friend. "Please stop and calm down."

"WHY SHOULD I!" I could feel my chest swelling with anger at the blonde girl right in front of me, no matter how pretty she's just a selfish brat always wanting to do things her way. "WE NEED TO GET GOING NOW!"

Star glanced away from me, back to the fallen warriors bodies. And I saw Artemis' eyes follow hers. "Alright," everyone gave their attention back to the blonde, "let's go."

She walked out of the hut without another word.

*hours later*

We stood at the entrance of the camp waiting for Artemis to say her goodbyes with Aria at my side. It felt weird standing next to a tiger that reaches up to your shoulder....when she's sitting!!

It wasn't long until Artemis waved at the Clan she's been growing up with for the past couple of months to look at us, her face more rigid than ever.

"Well what are we waiting for an invitation?" she asked bitterly. this girl really likes getting on your nerves doesn't she?

"Let's go."