‹ Prequel: Friendly Affair
Sequel: Tragic Affair

Family Affair

Family Affair

I wasn’t asking you to,” She looked away with teary eyes. “I just don’t want to have to deal with the fact that it could have been me. But I went and fucked it up.”

“Yeah,” I nodded slowly as she looked back into my eyes.

“I still love you.”

“I-“

“Don’t say anything,” She growled and looked down to Zachary’s door. “You want to see your son?”

“Sure,” I nodded as she quickly got Zack and sat him on my lap.

“He looked just like you,” She laughed slightly. “Your greenish blue eyes. Shiny black hair. Chubby cheeks.”

“Hey!” I defended playfully.

“They’re cute,” She insisted and sighed heavily. “But looks aren’t everything.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“He…” She took a deep breath. “He has autism.”

“W-What?” My voice broke as her eyes teared up.

“The doctors said,” She cried. “It was because of the drugs. I fucking did this to our child.”

“Cory-“

“The poor boy didn’t do anything and I gave him a disability!”

“Cory, please don’t cry,” I said softly and looked at her.

“Zacky!” She was now sobbing. “It’s my fault!”

“Cory? Should I leave?” I sat Zack onto her lap as she nodded. “Okay, bye.”

“Bye,” She pulled Zacky close to her as I walked out to my car.

-----Cory-----

“Night, baby,” I said and tucked Zacky into his bed before sitting on the living room couch. “Well, Cory, you’ve managed to fuck the boys up again. How long have you been here, five hours?”

“Talking to yourself, Cory?” Someone laughed lowly from the door.

“Who in the f-“

“It’s Brian,” He stepped out of the shadows and smiled slightly.

“How’d you find me?”

“Zacky told me where you were,” he explained. “I was thinking maybe you could drop Zacky off with Johnny and me and you could go out.”

“Brian,” I shook my head. “I really don’t want to go on a date-“

“Not a date, more like two friends catching up.”

“Your sure it’s not a date?” I thought hesitantly.

“Positive,” He nodded as I sighed in defeat.

“Fine,” I cracked a small grin.

“Yay!” He smiled and jumped around playfully. “I made you smile!”

“Yeah,” I laughed slightly. “Let’s just go, okay?”

“Alright,” He nodded, running into Zack’s bedroom, and rushing back out with him. “C’mon!”

“Excited?” I chuckled as he dragged me out to my car, pushing me into the passenger seat and hooking up Zacky.

“I’m just happy to see your back to normal,” He nodded and climbed into the driver’s seat.

He quickly drove to Johnny’s house, explained our plans, and took me to the ice cream parlor.

"Oh wow, I haven't been here in a long time," I laughed slightly as I sat down beside Brian at a table. "Its changed."

"Yeah, it’s a nice place, I missed the old way though," he grinned as he took a bite from his spoon. "Kayci and I are going to get married soon."

"You are?" I asked wide eyed. "My god…that's great Brian!"

"Yeah," he laughed as he looked down at his ice cream. "I really love her, I didn't think I could fall in love after you and Alex but, I love her so much."

"Is Montana and Jimmy getting married anytime soon?"

"You know Jimmy," he chuckled. "Postpone the shit till he gets caught."

"Some things don’t change,” I laughed lowly as Brian put his hand on my thigh.

“Something wrong?”

“A lot of something’s,” I looked away from his brown eyes and sighed.

“Care to share?”

"You'll just roll your eyes," I looked down at the ground.

"I won't, just tell me what it is," he grinned. "Pu-lease, Montana's been teaching me how to be like her, a shrink."

"Oh," I laughed. "I still love Zacky and I want him."

Oh, Cory-“

“And before you start getting angry, I know I never will have him,” My eyes welled up. “It’s just that I really love him. And then…”

“Then what?”

“Nothing.”

“Please tell me, Cory,” He looked at me with pleading eyes.

“Now you and Kayci are getting married.”

"What's so bad about—Oh you still love me," he said slowly as he pointed at me. "Honey I'm sorry, but I don't like you like that anymore."

"I know," I whispered.

"We're all wanting to be friends with you again, but we tried to leave drama behind a couple years ago," Brian sighed. "I've been on my best behavior as far as I'm concerned."

-----Alex-----

"I can't believe you," I whispered harshly as I walked away from Zacky, I had found him holding his and Cory's engagement rings, crying in our bed."

"Alex,” He sobbed. “You don’t understand!”

“I understand everything, Zack,” I growled. “You still love her.”

"I don't want too," he whispered as he grabbed my arm. "I love you, I want to love you only but I can't."

"Brian was wrong," I sniffed back the tears. "You would."

"Alex-“

“Fuck off, Zacky,” I growled. “Go find Cory, you two just seem to be perfect for each other after all.”

"Alex!" I walked out as he continued to cry, thankfully Slayton and Avery was at Matt's for the weekend, Elliot was in the living room and Rylynn was sleeping in her bassinet in the living room as well.

"Baby," I said softly causing Elliot to look up from the TV. "Let's go visit Uncle Johnny."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment