‹ Prequel: Friendly Affair
Sequel: Tragic Affair

Family Affair

Family Affair

-----Zacky-----

“Cory,” I looked away from her as she huffed.

“I didn’t mean it like that, Zack.”

"Yes you did," I growled as I stepped back again. "I won't cheat on Alex, I won't cheat on anyone."

"But you love me," she gave into using my weakness. "Don't you?"

"Yes, but-“She took my face in her hands and sighed.

“Listen, Zacky,” She said softly. “I won’t force you into anything. I won’t tell you what to do. You just do what you want, okay?”

“Cory,” I mumbled as her hot breath hit my face, her lips just barley touching mine.

"I should kill you!" the door slammed open and Matt stormed in. "I get a call from Johnny telling me what you did, then from Brian telling me what Cory done, then I come over to beat some since into you and see you kissing Cory!"

"Matt!"

"Shut up!" he growled at Cory. "I've had enough of your drama Cory, you're back not six damn hours and you've already wrecked another one of Alex's relationships because you're so damn selfish!"

“Fuck you, Matt!” Cory screamed back. “I didn’t do anything! We didn’t even fucking kiss!”

“I saw you!”

“It wasn’t what it looked like!” Cory clenched her fists. “I’m sorry I’m came back, okay? This is the fucking reason I left all of you in the first place! Because no matter how hard I try not to mess anything up, it’ll always go wrong. Okay, Matt? Do you want me to spell it out?”

“Cory-“

“I’m a fuck up! Home wrecker! Everywhere I go, I’m always destroying something! You think I like hurting people?! It fucking kills me inside!” Cory dropped to her knees and sobbed. “You think I wanted this to happen? That I’m always out to get everyone? Fuck you!”

----Alex-----

I glanced over the rest of the table, Johnny with his straight face and stone eyes glued on mine. Jimmy with his smirk that showed he was about to do something. Kayci with her bored look that showed she was plotting something, every time. And Montana with her grin, showing that she was up to something with Kayci. "Got any twos?" I asked slowly.

"Goldfish," they all said at once.

“Damn,” I mumbled, picking up a card as someone knocked hard on the door. “Get it, Jimmy.”

“Why me?”

“Because I’m telling you to,” I demanded, Jimmy standing up and walking to the door.

"What are you doing here?" Jimmy asked loudly.

"I need to speak with Alex, please…"

"Crap," I mumbled as I leaned over and glanced at Zacky. "Fuck off Vengeance."

“Please…” He said softly.

“Fine,” I groaned, standing up, as he pulled me into the bathroom. “What is it? Why aren’t you with… Cory?”

"Because I don't want to be with her," he said. "I want to be with you."

"No you don't," I laughed harshly. "I thought you were different Zacky, you always said you'd love me no matter what."

“And I still do.”

“You don’t seem to love me now that Cory’s here,” I mumbled. “What did she do now?”

"What do you mean?"

"She must have moved on to Brian now huh?" I asked sarcastically. "I mean, I swear to god! That woman is out to ruin everything I ever want, I have four children with three different people Zacky, I feel like a whole, three men all of which I have loved but I never got to have because of her."

“She… Didn’t do anything.”

"So its me?" I whispered as I stepped back, my eyes began to burn with tears. "Of course."

'No, I didn't—"

"No, don't apologize for speaking the truth," I swallowed. "I guess it would have all been easier if I would have died on that pier huh?"

"Alex!" he was shocked as I shook my head and walked out the door. “Alex!”

“Get him away from me,” I mumbled, Jimmy nodding and pushing Zacky back.

“Go away right now,” He said calmly. “She doesn’t want to see you.”

“Fine,” Zacky turned away and sighed, his hands in his pockets as he walked out of the door.

"What did he say?" Jimmy turned around.

"That I was basically the reason I never stayed with someone I love," I whispered looking at the ground. "I guess I am hard to love."

-----Cory-----

“Zack,” I mumbled as he burst into my living room, coming at me with teary eyes. “What did you do?”

‘I-I-“

“Your hurt Alex?”

‘Yeah,” He nodded and curled up in my arms, making me sigh.

“Zachary…”

“Cory,” He looked up to me and kissed my lips softly.

“Oh, so you piss Alex off, I’m your rebound?”

"No—"

"Yeah," I whispered. "I always have been, for you and Brian, Matt even."

"I just—"

"Don't," I shook my head. "Just don't."

-----Brian-----

I sighed and sat down beside Matt. "She's depressed."

"I know," Matt sighed. "I talked to Johnny."

“Good,” I nodded, Zacky trudging into the house. “Zack?”

“Before you get angry,” he mumbled. “The only thing I did to Cory was piss her off and show her that she’s our rebound girl.”

“Oh,” I looked at Matt and then to Zacky. “Your right.”

"Did you do it on purpose?" Matt asked slowly.

"Yes," he nodded. "I swear, I did it but I really did hurt Alex and I didn't mean too."

"You have never been good with wording things," I mumbled. "What did you do?"

“To Alex?” He asked. “Or Cory?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment

Image