Status: pretty active... i think

Put Your Hands in the Holes of My Sweater.

An Unsuspected Visit.

I sat on my couch eating chips and watching some obnoxious show about pregnant teens on MTV and sighed heavily. It was getting rather late so I decided heading on to bed would be the best thing to do. I removed the blanket from my lower body, folded it, and sat it at the end of the couch. I turned all the lights off in my house and just about as soon as I put my finger on the light switch my doorbell rang and I heard a few knocks at my door. Reluctant, I went over to the door and checked who it was. They looked quite familiar, but even if I did live in one of the nicest apartment building in Sheffield. I still had to be careful.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It’s Oliver, mate. Let me in, please?" I knew what was up almost instantly because he sounded a little nasally, like he had a cold of some sort. I opened the door for him immediately, the only time he came over this late was when his heart was broken or he was sad. Lucky enough for him I already had about four different changes of clothes that he’d left over. He was such a fragile lad at times, that was the part I rarely got to see since he was normally pretty call and collected. Seeing him sad was like seeing one of those commercials of abused animals in animal shelters with sad music and a depressing atmosphere. I had started to get a bit more worried about Oliver when I rememeber he didn't have a car and he doesn't fuck with taxis, plus, he was soaking wet so my ultimate conclusion was that he walked to my apartment. I'm not even going to begin on how the apartement's elevator is a bit shady at the moment.

"What the hell are doing? Don’t you know that it’s raining outside? You could have gotten hurt!" I said, practically yelling, I had no intent for hurting his feelings more than they already were but the sad haze on his eyes got about four layers heavier. I felt like shit as soon as the words came out of my mouth.
"Listen. I’m going to go make some tea. There are a few pairs of boxers and shirt and stuff in my room in my nightstand. Go take a shower and shit, come back, and tell me what happened, yeah?" I got up and sprinted to the intro the kitchen and turned the lights on.

It wasn’t until I heard the shower water going until I actually started making the tea because knowing Oli, he’d probably that the next ten centuries in that shower for all we know. I finished setting up all of the fixtures needed and put the teapot on the stove. I made my way back into the living room and turned the TV back on. Oli could be so much to deal with, but he was my best friend and he meant basically the whole world to me. I’d helped him through his first breakups with his first boyfriends and girlfriends. Sometimes he’d cry, sometimes he’d go and do things like come to my house in the middle of the fucking night in the pouring rain the come talk to me and eat and cry. But we’re best friends. That’s what best friends are for. I remember being on the bus with him on the way home in about Year 10 he was soon to be in tears because some girl named, "Kathrine Singleton," broke his heart for the first time. They weren't really in love of course, they dated for about two weeks and she kissed on the cheek and found out she thought boys were gross and told him she didn't wanna be with him anymore. I drifted out of my thoughts quickly when I heard the bathroom door open and a light steam seep from out of the open door.

Oliver came out with a towel hanging off of his thin, tattooed waist. I had to resist temtation of completely fucking chewing my whole lip off because--get this--he was actually really hot when he was just out of the shower. I had known this from plenty of nights where he would come over in situations like this. Although, I'm still not even completely sure what the situation was. I'd never given him the chance to tell me. You're wondering off again, Joshua. Keep your focus on Oli, I think he might be asking you something, yeah? I had a problem with overthinking things every here and there it wasn't too bad. I'm just an overthinker.

"Erm," Oli said, wiping his hands in front of my face, checking to see if I was still alive or something, "Hello? Josh?" He asked snapping his fingers a few times. I jumped a little and focused my attention on Oli again, trying to keep them at his face and not his hips bones that formed a perfect V towards his... Oh my god. No! I cannot think about this now stuff will happen and I'll embarrass myself in front of him. I'd never be able to live it down.

"Oh my god, I apologise, uh, whatcha need, mate?" I asked still a little startled from being taken out of my daydreaming.

"Do you still have my clothes in your room?" He asked, ruffling his wet hair.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are. Since you're not too big on leave my house in your own clothes and all," I stated, refering to the countless times Oli had left in my clothes.

"Thanks," he said as he turned around and made his way back to my room to change.

A few minutes passed and he was back in the living room once again. He unfolded my blanket, wrapped it around himself, and began watching TV with me as if he didn't come to my house at 2 AM and not tell me what happened to him.

"Nu-uh, not in my house," I said turning the television quickly, turning around to look at him.

"What?" He said furrowing his eyebrows and looking at me with great question in his eyes.

"You can't just walk into my house all late at night and not tell me what happened. Now tell me!"

"Oh, well..." He started, rubbing his hand on the back of his neck, "See, uh, Hannah broke up with me. She told me that she couldn't handle being in a relationship with anymore and that she was tired of me. She got up and took a few of things and told me that she'd be back sometime tomorrow to get the rest of her things and move out. It was way too quiet and sad in my place so I came over to yours."

I knew it would have something to do with her. She was a lovely girl, but there was just something off about her. She just seemed a little uneasy with him. I could because I had been dragged on countless dates with them that were supposed to be me and Oli's time. I knew she was going to break his heart sooner or later, but I would always be there to hep him out when he needed me. Always.

I sighed pulled him into a tight hug because I knew what was coming next; tears. He shoved his face into my shoulder and I could hear a few stubble sobs. I rubbed his shoulder and told him how everything was going to be okay and other things that I knew would make feel better. He stayed like that for a few minutes until I heard the ear blistering noise of the teapot in the kitchen. It alarmed me a bit until I remembered I left it on.

"Oli, mate. I'll be right back in a minute or two, the tea's done." I told him, patted his shoulder a few times and got up from the couch. He swallowed hard and nodded. He was in pieces and I felt nothing but bad for him, his heart had probably just been ripped out, torn to shreds, trampled on and set on fire.

I walked into the kitchen and fixed two cups of teas and carefully walked into the living room to see him sleeping on the couch. Well, I guess there was no need for the tea now. I tapped him on the shoulder a few times and told him he needed to go to sleep. I helped him up and started to walk him into my guest room but he stopped me quickly. "Um... is it okay if I uhh sleep with you tonight?" As cliche as it sounds, I'm pretty sure my heart skipped at beat, but I had to remain calm and cool and I had to play it off as well as I could.

"Sure, mate. But you better leave me some room," I said, nudging his side lightly. I walked him into my bedroom andsat him down on the bed, it seemed just as soon as his head touched my pillow he was under the blanket and on his way back to sleep. He was so cute when he was sleeping... I looked at him for a few seconds until my brain quickly redirected to how tired I was. I walked across the bed and did the same as Oli.

It had been one hell of a night.
♠ ♠ ♠
jdfkg omg i forgot to just save it as a draft but i submitted it and just sdfk i apologise ten million times! I'm also sorry for spelling/grammar errors i try to look them over and remove all the errors I find. Enjoy!!!