Yelling Through

C-Rock

"KORALINE!"

I sighed, shoving my sketch pad and bag of pencils into my nightstand drawer. I had no clue why I bothered giving her a key. Right now it seemed like a terrible decision.

I followed her voice down to the foyer of my home. "KO-"

"What?" I asked.

"Go take a shower. We're going somewhere," she informed me. I didn't even question it. I'd gotten so used to her random outings and road trips that I simply accepted it and did as she said.

"How long?"

"Five days."

I nodded. I had gone to school to major in English, with the intent to become an editor, but things had gone differently. While I was in school, my aunt had died. She wasn't a constant in my life, she came and went with her different boyfriends, fiancés and husbands, but I liked her. She didn't question my muteness like the rest of my family. Instead, she would look at me and say, "Kid, I'd tell you to go fuck themselves, but I know that ain't gonna happen, and that's okay. You doing what feels right to you is the biggest fuck off you can give anyone." She was only 36, when she died. She did however outlive her previous husband, who at the ripe old age of 96 and after a year and a half of marriage kicked the bucket. He was loaded, so was she when he was gone. He had children, none of who wanted anything to do with him. She never wanted children and wasn't particularly fond of our family, who looked down on her lifestyle, so when she was diagnosed with terminal cancer, she had her will written out that everyone got a little and I got a whole hell of a lot. I wasn't sure what to do with all of the money, so I went into flipping houses. I never did any of it, my brothers ran everything, and I just bankrolled it and made money back. This completely destroyed the need for a real job, allowing me to go where ever the fuck I pleased for however fucking long I pleased.

I'll get your stuff ready," she said.

I nodded.

Letty's Point of View

I packed Kori's bag, and practically ran down the hall to the spare room that she had turned into a make shift art studio. In addition to being an amazing writer, Kori was also an artist, shitty by her standards, but amazing by mine. The thing about her art was that it usually expressed whatever was on her mind. I was looking for proof that what was on her mind was Oliver Sykes.

That was how I realized she had a crush on this dickhead named Kyle when we were in high school. She had never felt anyone would want her, because she was weird. Total bullshit, because there had been guys into her, she was just fucking oblivious. I forced him to ask her out and treat her right, an after the first date she realized he was a prick and was over him.

I went through canvas after canvas finding many of them to be of LA or her characters. None were of the elder Sykes brother. Finally I gave up and returned to her room, hopping up on her bed. She was still in the shower, so I decided to watch TV until she was done.

I pulled open her nightstand drawer to find her remote, but instead came across yet another sketch book. I flipped it open and leafed through it. The start of it was rather concerning. It was dark and I could tell she was in a bad place in her head, when she drew them. IT switched through from images of shadows pulling people to their deaths to a drawing of Oli. It was done in black and white, save for his tattoos which practically popped of the page. I smirked to myself, and took pictured of them, before shoving it back in the drawer and grabbing the remote.

Jaxx's Point of View

I got out of the shower and walked into my room only to see Letty laying on my bed, watching Teen Wolf

"Yay! You're out. I have to piss. Then I'm gonna do your hair. Put on some underwear."

I shook my head, chuckling before rummaging through m drawers for a bra and underwear.

"You decent?" she asked.

"Yep."

"Good, cause I'm walking out anyways. Now bathroom."

She did my hair, while I played on my phone. When she was done, she went to work on my makeup. Then she threw everything in my bag and gestured to the clothes she had laid out for me.

"Where the fuck are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see."

There was no point in asking. Letty was amazing at keeping secrets, which was both a gift and a curse.

A three our long car ride and we were in the Steel city, Pittsburgh. I still had no clue why. We'd checked into our room. Then we were off once again. We ended up at this restaurant that gave me no fucking clue as to why we were there.

There was someone waiting for us, which was weird.

Sitting at the table was a raven haired girl, who was sipping on a glass of water.

I raised an eyebrow at Letty.

The girl looked up and smiled. "Hello. Collette?" she asked.

"Dylan?"

"The one and only." They shook hands before she turned her attention to me. "And of course you're Koraline Jaxx."

"Just Jaxx"

"Just Jaxx," Letty said for me.

"I actually got that. When I went to Pitt they required three years of a language, so they let me take American Sign Language. Then I transferred to Point Park and didn't need it, but it's still useful." It's nice to meet you. I'm a huge fan."

"That's always good to hear."

"Dylan owns C-Rock magazine," Letty said.

My eyes widened a bit. C-Rock was a big deal.

"That's my baby."

We all settled into our seats, and a waiter approached. Letty and I got our beverages, while Dylan talked.

"So, I could beat around the bush, but that's not really my thing, so I have a proposition for you."

"You do?"

"Yes. I absolutely love how you openly credit music for helping you write. It's amazing, especially how well the songs you choose lace in with the actual story. You do this when you read too?"

I nodded.

"I thought so. I was wondering if you would be willing to write a piece for me. I was thinking along the lines of like taking a novel and matching music with it and shit like that. I mean it's totally up to you and I'm not expecting you to do it for free, but I think it'd be a really wicked, really unique piece."

"That sounds awesome."

"I mean it can start small, but who knows? Maybe it could grow into a real column. You can write it on whatever, and I'll get legal on it, and you can write it whenever. It's not like my other articles that have a bunch of time restriction and shit."

"I'd have to talk with my agent and stuff."

"Understandable, but I just wanted to see if you were interested."

"Yeah. That sounds really cool."

"I knew I'd like you. I mean look. We even matched somewhat.

"Holy shit. You did."

Thank you Letty, aka Captain Obvious.

We talked for a little while about the article and books, before the conversation switched. "So you're close with the Syko. Right?" she asked.

I nodded. I wasn't sure what to say to her. I mean she didn't seem like the type to write gossip, but I didn't know her that well.

"He does not like me," she said with a chuckle.

"He doesn't?"

"No."

"Doesn't like me either," Letty said.

"What's your name?"

"The Sprite," Letty replied.

"I'm the Black Veil Bitch," Dylan said. "And that's exactly why he does not like me."

I frowned. "I'm sorry. He's a dick sometimes."

She snickered. "You've got nothing to be sorry for. The Brides aren't exactly fond of him either, though I think they know that if they ever gave his girl shit, I'd tear them each a new one."

"They seem like a handful"

"Yes, but I mean you hangout with Bring Me The Horizon. That seems like chaos."

"Have you ever met Asking?" Letty asked.

"They're a fucking handful," she groaned. "Five minutes of Danny is enough to last anyone three years."

"She has a raging Lady Boner for James."

Letty smacked me in return "He's pretty cool. Not nearly as obnoxious as Danny or Ben."

"Wait, so people like know I hang out with Oli?" I asked, having become confused.

"Yeah. It's one of those things. Are they together? Are they not? Everyone just needs to mind their own fucking business."

"I didn't know that people were talking about it."

"Bunch of twats."

Letty choked on her water.

"Breathe, dude." Once Letty had recovered she turned back to me. "Yeah, once they catch wind they try to sniff shit out. You're not tuned in like me, and you and Oli don't post shit, like Ash and I do. That's probably better though, deters the crazies."

I nodded.

"I'm sensing a horror story," Letty said.

She launched into her tale of having been sucker punched by some chick at Warped and then being groped by the security, before being saved by Black Veil Brides' head of security.

I wasn't sure if I was at a point, where I could deal with cay fans. Words I could handle (sometimes), but actually being assaulted, no. She'd assured me it was because she was much more in your face than most, but it was still frightening. Could I really deal with shit like that if I was Oli? 'Why the fuck am I even thinking of that to begin with? I pondered. We were friends.

Who the hell was I kidding? I was into him and that was bad. I needed to bite it in the bud, because it would never work. No one wanted to date the mute girl. It was embarrassing and weird.