Yelling Through

Two Days

Oli’s Point of View

“Hello, Sykes.”

“What do you want, Sprite?” I asked, pissed off that she had woke me up at whatever fucking hour it was.

“Kori’s got herself an admirer,” she said.

I certainly wasn’t expecting that. I mean I wasn’t saying anything about Koraline with that. She was a lovely girl. She was smart, creative, original and not to mention beautiful. It was that typically the admirers she had went either unnoticed by her or she paid them no mind. That was fine with me. None of them were good enough for her anyways in my eyes.

“And?” I tried to sound indifferent, despite the sliver of annoyance that the news had stirred alive inside me.

“And you have no problem?” she asked. It was obvious that she didn’t believe the shit I was trying to pull. Can’t say I would’ve believed me either.

“No.” I kept going with it despite that.

“Cut the shit, Sykes. Cause if you are you need to fucking cool it, cause I’m not going to let you get jealous that maybe she pays attention to someone other than you, and fuck things up for her.”

“What? You think I’m going to fucking hurt her? That’s fucking bullshit and you know it! It doesn’t matter how fucking jealous I am, if it made her happy, I’d be perfectly fine with it!”

“So you are jealous?”

“Yes, I’m fucking jealous! There! Are you fucking happy now, ya slag!” I snapped.

“Yes, I am.”

I could hear the smirk in her voice. “Oli, do you happen to have certain feelings for my friend?” she asked.

I groaned. “What does it matter, if she’s into some other bloke?”

“It does matter, cause there is no other dude.”

“What?”

“Sure she has an admirer. She has tons of them. To guys, who have never heard of her, she’s just some hot chick. She doesn’t give a shit about them. You should know that.”

“Bu-“

“You made an assumption, and you know what they say about those. I was just making sure I was right, because I’m going to tell you something. She’s into you.”

“She what? There’s-“

“Jesus Christ! Do you really think she doesn’t feel anything other than fucking friendship for you? Come on now. All she draws anymore is you. All conversations turn to you. She doesn’t even notice it. She draws what she wants and what she wants, is you.”

I was shocked.

“She will never say it. She thinks it’s impossible for anyone to like the weird mute girl. You’re gonna have to change that, make her see that she’s not the same girl that got picked on in school, that she’s so much more than that. This is me giving you the go ahead, but just remember that if you hurt her, I will kill you.”

“I-“

“Bye Sykes. See you tomorrow.”

She hung up. ‘God that Sprite’s confusing,’ I thought. Then it hit me. ‘She wants me.’ A smile spread across my face. ‘She wants me.

“I’m gonna have a bloody twat, if I keep thinking like that,” I muttered, before grabbing my laptop and checking where we were going to be in two days. “Pittsburgh.”