Yelling Through

Not a Celebratory Type of Person

"And that's a wrap!" the director yelled, causing me to let out a relieved sigh. I had been done hours ago, but stuck around just in case, also to watch Bring Me the Horizon.

I was surprised earlier, when Oli came over during my little spat with the director and took my side. I appreciated it though.

I rose from the chair I was sitting in, and waved my goodbyes to the people around me.

"Not gonna celebrate?" an accented voice inquired from behind me. I turned and saw Oli walking up to me.

It was dark and we were just far enough away that my board was useless. I pulled out my phone and opened up my notes. I started a new one.

"Not a celebratory type of person."

"And why not?"

"Don't normally have much to celebrate."

"Well you do now."

"Old habits die hard."

I was confused. Why was he so interested? Most people let me leave without issue. I was easily and usually ignored.

I wasn't hot. I was pretty on a good day. The only thing that seemed reasonable was something that instantly pissed me off. Pity. That was the last thing I wanted or needed from anyone.

"But they can be kicked."

"What's your game here?" I asked.

"Whatcha mean?" he asked.

"You feel bad for me? You want to see if you can get me to talk?"

"No. Just I told you some one needs to listen to you, and I kind of want it to be me."

I wasn't sure what to say.

"Been thinking and you seem pretty interesting."

I sighed in defeat. I tried repeatedly to type out what I was thinking, but failed and settled for a simple sorry.

"It's okay, Love. So how about we celebrate?" he asked, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

I nodded unsure. "Don't worry. It'll be fun."

"I am do sure that you and I have two totally different ideas of fun."

He chuckled. "Probably, so let's try it your way then, mine. Okay?"

I nodded.

"So what are we doing?" he asked.