Yelling Through

Colette

I hadn't seen Oli in a few days, but I had texted him. The BMTH boys were doing some promotional stuff, so I once again returned to my blank word documents.

I was waiting to be struck by lightning. Yes, I did totally rip that from the movie, which you should totally go, check out. It's amazing.

After about an hour and a half of false starts and annoyed cursing, I got up and went into my room. My phone was sitting on my nightstand charging. I grabbed it, seeing the light blinking. I had three new messages. Two were from Letty, and one was Oli. Oli wanted to know if I wanted to go see Pacific Rim with him and Matt Nichols, while Letty let me know that she had booked a flight and was coming to see me, whether I wanted her too or not. Good thing I didn't mind seeing her. I was actually excited for her arrival. I agreed to go with Oli and Matt, but rather than them pick me up, I just met them there.

A loud whistle attracted me to two figures, casually leaning against the front of the movie theater with their hoods up covering their faces. I rolled my eyes and walked over.

My footsteps alerted them to my presence, and they both looked up. I raised an eyebrow. "We were bloody mobbed," Matt (Matty) informed me.

"Where'd you go?"

"This sod decided he needed new jeans, so we just had to go into Hot Topic."

I raised an eye brow. "You're lucky you're cute, 'cause you ain't too bright."

"Hey! We would've been fine if this wanker didn't knock over nearly half to store."

"If you didn't dra-"

I whistled, causing them both to stop, and then gestured towards the theater.

"Oi, the bird's right. Let's go before we miss the opening." We went in, got our snacks, before heading to the theater. We sat in the very middle of the very back. I sat between the boys. Jesus fucking Christ. They got in a popcorn war, which would’ve been entertaining if I didn’t feel like I had been stuck in the middle of an actual war.

We were at the first drift between Mako and Raleigh, when I had finally had enough. I smacked both of them upsides their heads and moved the popcorn from on my lap to the floor.

Of course they then just decided to poke, flick, and smack each other.

I finally grabbed both hands closest to me and held them down, making sure to put a little extra force, as I did so.

Matt uttered a low, "Ow."

I smirked.

The movie continued on, and eventually I released their hands. Matty crossed his freed arm over his chest with the other, but Oli simply took my hand again lacing our fingers. I glanced over at him, but he was focused on the screen.

I shut my mind down, before I could think too much of it and focused on the movie again. It really was a good movie. I mean hello the female lead had actual character and a back story and for once wasn’t just there to add some tits or a cheesy romance.

When it finally ended, Oli unlaced our fingers and stood up stretching.

"Where to next?" he asked.

"Hold up. I've got a question for the bird," Matty said. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Does his really mean dumb fuck?" he asked, signing it.

I smiled in amusement and nodded.

"Looks like a fucking unicorn."

I rolled my eyes at his obsession.

"Alright, now where too?" Oli asked.

I shrugged.

"We can get supper with the lads," Matty suggested.

"That sound good to you?" Oli asked me.

I nodded.

Matty called up the rest of the band and the crew and agreed to meet at some Italian food place. We were there first of course and got one of those massive booths that took up the entire corner of a room.

Everyone arrived and filed in and I ended up sitting between Oli, who had slung his shoulder around me and Lee.

I liked Lee. Lee didn't say much, which obviously didn’t bother me, but he was nice, more reserved than the others. They had started to talk music and I listened, carefully. It was amazing how engrossed they became and how you could hear the dedication and love in their voices. God I make it sound like I was listening to them talk about their wives or something.

"Oi, so what got you into us?" Lee asked, eventually.

I Killed the Prom Queen

“You followed Jona?” they asked.

I nodded.

“What all do you listen to?” Lee continued.

I pulled my iPod out and handed it over.

“What the fuck? Is there anything you don’t have?” he asked.

I shrugged.

He went to say something else, but stopped when he was hit in the head with a spit ball. We all snickered, but Matty made it pretty fucking obvious, who did it. I shook my head.

“Oh no. You can’t say that wasn’t funny,” he said.

I rolled my eyes and used the one sign he knew.

“OH YEAH! Did you know that that means dumb fuck?” he asked the others. “It looks like a bloody fucking unicorn,” he griped.

I sat there and taught them swear words until our food came. They all got salads, which was predictable. I don’t really know why we even went there. Probably for my benefit. Whatever. They were happy with just salads. I got alfredo, and it was fucking awesome. Oli refused to let me pay for my food, causing me to smack him upside the head. Of course this didn’t make him do anything other than smile, which was honestly completely adorable.

“I’m going with Jaxx,” Oli declared, when we were splitting up.

I shrugged. I was gonna sit at home and stuff my face full of ice cream, if Oli wanted to watch that, then he could come.

My plan changed though once I opened the door. “KORALINE ANNE JAXX!”

My eyes widened at the voice. She was going to freak out, when she saw Oli.

I turned quickly and mouthed “I’m sorry“ to him. I stepped through the threshold and was instantly tackled to the ground by my best friend. “KORI!” she screeched hugging me.

I glanced towards, where Oli was standing in the door way. ‘Fuck it.

“Colette, I love you, but get the fuck off,” I said.

“But I missed you,” she whined.

“Wait a second. Did you pick my fucking lock?” I asked.

“Duh,” she answered.

“What’d I tell you about that shit?”

“Not to do it, but you don’t count. It’s like my fucking job to fuck with your shit.”

“You’re an idiot.” I gave her a shove and pushed her to the ground. “God damn. I’ve been gone for a few moths not years.”

“I’ve been on my own. You haven’t been there for our usual- HOLY SHIT OLI SYKES IS IN YOUR DOORWAY!” she yelled.

She went to get up and I quickly jumped and laid across her. “Do not attack him,” I ordered.

“But-“

“Is this the bird you were telling me about? Letty is it?”

The girl was tiny, but she shoved me and went towards Oli at warp speed, grabbing him and hugging the life out of him.

“Jesus Christ,” I muttered.

I walked over and pried her off of Oli.

Oli chuckled. I held her back by her shoulders. She was pushing back.

“Calm down,” I told her.

“YOU’VE BEEN HOLDING OUT!”

“Cause you’re crazy. Settle down. He deals with enough crazy ass fan girls without you attaching yourself like a leach.”

She let out a strangled whine growl thing, but quit fighting me.

“Oli, this is Letty. Letty this is Oli,” I properly introduced them.

“Hi,” she waved sheepishly.

“Oh, now you get shy?”

She glared at me, but then her eyes widened. “HOLY SHIT!”

“Letty do-“

“You’re talking to him,” she said, shocked. “You fucking speak in front of him.” She looked past me to Oli. “You got her to talk to you.”

“You’re very repetitive,” Oli noted.

I was thankful that he wasn’t trying to dig into what she was saying.

“Alright, go pick a movie,” I told her. “I’ve got ice cream, and I still have some of your left over green teas soy stuff, whatever the fuck it is.”

Letty jumped over the couch to my DVD holder, while I went to the kitchen. Oli followed me.

“So that’s Letty?”

“That’s Letty.”

“She’s a lot smaller than I expected. The way you talk about her I thought she was an amazon or something.”

“She’s got a big personality and a bigger mouth.” I pulled out vanilla for Letty, chocolate for me, and Oli’s soy ice cream.

“She seems nice enough… A bit scary.”

I chuckled. “That’s, because she loves you. Just wait. If she ever meets Asking, it’s over. She’s going to jail. Either that, or they’re going to have to find a new drummer.”

“Gotta give them the heads up.”

“Yes, small pastel Goth with big mouth and surprising strength. Be on the lookout.”

“I heard that.”

I looked over at the entrance to my kitchen, where she was glaring at me. “Good, Big Mouth.”

“Give me my ice cream damn it.”

I handed her her bowl and went into the living room. She sprawled across my couch, making me roll my eyes. Oli flopped in my love seat. I sat on the other side and curled my legs up underneath me.

The credits started and Letty skipped right to the root menu.

“Oh for the love of Christ! How many times are you going to put me through this shit?”

“As many as it fucking takes!”

“I’ve said it a thousand fucking times! This movie blows!”

“It does not!”

“Sucks donkey dick.”

Oli choked on his ice cream.

“Donkey dick?” he asked, laughing.

“What? It does,” I defended.

He just shook his head and went back to his ice cream.

“Whatever. We’re watching it,” Letty said.

I flipped her off.

She started the damn movie. I ate my ice cream, and kept my bitching to a minimum at one point I stretched my legs out across Oli’s lap. He simply rested his hands on my shins.

“This is brutal,” Oli said after a while.

“Agreed,” I replied. I leaned my head back against the arm rest and closed my eyes. Maybe the strike of lightning I’d been waiting for would hit.