Yelling Through

Sprite

Oli's Point of View

"So..." the lavender haired girl sitting on Jaxx's couch trailed off.

I hummed in acknowledgement.

"How long have you known Jaxx?" she asked.

"A month," I replied.

"And how long are you here for?"

"Two more weeks."

"And what are you doing with those two weeks?"

"Why?"

"Because I think you have it for my best friend and have it bad," she said, catching me completely off guard.

I opened my mouth to speak, but she cut me off.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" she asked.

"You have no boundaries, do you?" I questioned.

"None what so ever."

'Of course,' I thought.

"I'm gonna take that as a no," she decided.

I rolled my eyes. Sure it was true. I didn't have a girlfriend, but the last thing I needed was a crazy fan girl either trying to molest me or kill the imaginary one. Though Letty may have been Jaxx's best friend, and I trusted Jaxx, I was still wary of the psycho sprite currently trying to interrogate me.

"You assume too much,” I told her. Things between Jaxx and I were fine. Neither of us were looking for anything more. We were friends, very good friends. Everyone needed friends. Apparently Jaxx didn’t have many to begin with and none of them had come out here with her, and even though I had the lads, it was nice to have someone, who I didn’t have to spend every waking second with. It was refreshing.

"And you're trying to throw me off. Nice try. Here's the thing. I'm not trying to find out your life so that I can post it all over the internet. I'm trying to figure out whether or not I'm gonna have to maim you later on."

"What for?!"

"See, Kori trusts you," she said.

Not gonna lie. That made me very happy.

"She hasn't spoken to a new person in roughly five years, and yet she's known you for a month and she speaks."

"That was just when we got back here, save for that one sound."

"What sound? She slipped?"

"I guess..." I trailed off, feeling bad about having broken my promis to keep it between Jaxx and I.

"She's comfortable around you." Letty paused to think for a moment, before she spoke again. "I've been her best friend since we were about eleven. I was new to school and there was this girl that didn't talk. I didn't think much of it. Hey some people talk some people don't. People are different. I was the kid with two dads, who was I to say anything. Whatever. So yeah. I was trying to make friends. Being the shiny new toy, everyone wanted my attention, not that I wanted theirs. Then they started picking. She just sat there as they went on and on. I'd seen people do that to my dads, and I hated it because they wouldn't do anything. Now, I see they were just being the better person. Whatever. I never wanted to see anyone go through that, so I walked over and punched the main boy in the face. Ever since, we've been best friends. It took her five years to talk to me." She looked away from the TV and at me. "Five years. And then you come waltzing in and she talks to you after a month."

"I'm not seeing your point," I admitted. Was she upset she trust me? Jealous? Just skeptical?

"The point is the expressions I've been seeing cross your face.

I was even more confused than before. "I'm beginning to think that you're mental.”

"Oh for sure, but that has nothing to do with anything.”

That was reassuring. “I'm working towards my masters in psychology. Yes I know, I don’t look like it.”

She didn’t. In addition to her lavender hair, the sprite looking girl was covered in tattoos, much like myself, and had multiple piercings. I’d never seen a psychologist, who looked so awesome. Maybe if I had I’d at one point gone to one, like I probably should’ve forever ago.

“But I know enough. See microexpressions reveal something that people either are trying to hide or do no yet know themselves. I'm gonna go with the latter."

Once again she cut me off before I could even start speaking.

"I’m not making this up."

I shook my head. "You read way too much into things."

"That's my job," she replied.

I rolled my eyes.

"Just don't forget about her, when you leave."

"I couldn't," I answered honestly.

She nodded. "Good, because I will fly to Sheffield and punch you in the face."

"Noted."

I lifted Jaxx's feet and got up out of the love seat. "I'm gonna go. Tell Jaxx, I'll talk to her tomorrow," I said.

"Alrght. Bye."

"Bye.”

I left the apartment building and then remembered that Jaxx had driven me there. I pulled out my phone and called Jordan to come pick me up.

"You look like you've had the crap kicked out of you," he noted.

"Jaxx's friend is bloody mental."

"Oh really? How so?"

“Turned into a psycho fan and then after Jaxx fell asleep, practical fucking interrogated me.”

“Her best friend?” he asked.

“Yeah.”

“Don’t worry, mate. She’s just being protective. Bet a ton of people have tried to use Jaxx or some shit. After all she’s getting pretty rich.”

“Yeah, but bloody hell.”

He chuckled. “She isn’t going away, so get over it.”

I groaned, more of the fucking sprite. Great.